• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why our country will soon be ripe for take over by our enemies:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0518/p02s01-ussc.html

LOVE IT, OR LEAVE IT !!!

339591[/snapback]

Haha. Now banning military recruiting in one high school will cause us to lose wars! 0:)

I do think the act is pretty stupid, but I also think there should be a lot more honesty from military recruiters. I understand that they're getting at here, but it is pretty over the top.

Haha.  Now banning military recruiting in one high school will cause us to lose wars! 0:)

339605[/snapback]

NO !!! Banning military recruiters from more and more high schools and colleges will eventually hurt our ability to stand up an Army that will in turn make us weaker.

WHY ban military recruiters from high school or college AT ALL?

NO !!!  Banning military recruiters from more and more high schools and colleges will eventually hurt our ability to stand up an Army that will in turn make us weaker.

WHY ban military recruiters from high school or college AT ALL?

339610[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic silly.

Whats funny is that the same people who look to ban military recruiters from high schools and COLLEGES will whine that the very same military "unfairly targets the poor and minorities".

Its truly a shame that those who disagree with the war are now fighting the military itself, 1960's style. Its a shame that the U.S. Military is now "the bad guys" in the eyes of so many.

But hey......those on the Left "support the troops", right? They can be "against the war but FOR the troops", right?

Right.

Whats funny is that the same people who look to ban military recruiters from high schools and COLLEGES will whine that the very same military "unfairly targets the poor and minorities".

Its truly a shame that those who disagree with the war are now fighting the military itself, 1960's style. Its a shame that the U.S. Military is now "the bad guys" in the eyes of so many.

But hey......those on the Left "support the troops", right? They can be "against the war but FOR the troops", right?

Right.

339615[/snapback]

Weird, I don't think the Military should be banned from high school and colleges. I support the troops fully. As long as they are in the war they should be given the appropriate funding to finish the job in my opinion. I wish them the best of luck to finish the job thats been started and needs to be completed.

I don't support the war with Iraq though. But because I don't think the Iraq war as justified makes me not support the troops? 0:)

"But because I don't think the Iraq war as justified makes me not support the troops?"

Obviously, you didnt read the article in the original post by Jim.

339631[/snapback]

Actually I was replying to your comment which lumped EVERYONE together, not just the people in the article.

if they feel the need to ban military recruiters from high schools, i say thats a gain for the military. the military needs soldiers with a strong mind and a strong will. a school district that feels the need to shield their students from a profession they disagree with obviously aren't working very hard at producing students with a strong mind. And parents who want to shield their children from military recruiters obviously aren't raising children with enough balls to be able to say no to the recruiters

They can be "against the war but FOR the troops", right?

339615[/snapback]

I know abstract thought can be difficult at times, but yes, it is possible to disagree with the action in Iraq yet still support the actual fighting men (and women).

if they feel the need to ban military recruiters from high schools, i say thats a gain for the military.  the military needs soldiers with a strong mind and a strong will.  a school district that feels the need to shield their students from a profession they disagree with obviously aren't working very hard at producing students with a strong mind.  And parents who want to shield their children from military recruiters obviously aren't raising children with enough balls to be able to say no to the recruiters

339637[/snapback]

1. Out of ideas? Let's blame the schools! 0:)

2. Doesn't really have less to do with having the "balls" to say no and more to do with the potential recruits being lied to? :doh:

The rational dislocation of the discussion in this thread is kind of like watching people argue whether apples are blue or rectangular...

339645[/snapback]

Apples are blue and rectangular!

Wheres the argument?

0:)

I know abstract thought can be difficult at times, but yes, it is possible to disagree with the action in Iraq yet still support the actual fighting men (and women).

339638[/snapback]

1) banning military recruiters from schools hurts volunteer enrollment

2) weak volunteer enrollment means current enrollment must pick up the slack

3) current enrollment picking up the slack could mean longer deployment campaigns

4) longer deployment campaigns hurts the morale of current enrollment

5) hurting the morale of current enrollment is NOT supportive of the troops

Therefore, banning military recruiters from schools is NOT supportive of the troops!

1) banning military recruiters from schools hurts volunteer enrollment

3) current enrollment picking up the slack could mean longer deployment campaigns

Therefore, banning military recruiters from schools is NOT supportive of the troops!

339649[/snapback]

1) you not joining the military hurts volunteer enrollment

Therefore, you refusing to join the military is NOT supportive of the troops!

0:)

That's fine. Any school that bans the military is not permitted to receive NCLB or other federal funding. In most cases this is about 35% of a school budget anymore. If the local folks want their taxes raised that much to accommodate the loss of revenue, so be it. But stop whining when you have to cut staff, classes, or have over crowding and reduced education because a few uniformed guys want to see if you will join the service.