The worst head coaches in NFL currently…

bills6969

Any list without Nate Hackett #1 among head coaches who have coached a game isn't a good list.  However, based on the fact he has never coached above high school level, #1 has to go to Jeff Saturday.  It won't be a day in the park for Indy.  Campbell is a good coach and will prove it if given enough time.

1) Jeff Saturday, until proven otherwise

2) Nate Hackett

3) Josh McDaniels, on the way to a 2x loser.

4) Lovie Smith, what is he even doing in Houston. 

5) Matt LaFleur 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Any list without Nate Hackett #1 among head coaches who have coached a game isn't a good list.  However, based on the fact he has never coached above high school level, #1 has to go to Jeff Saturday.  It won't be a day in the park for Indy.  Campbell is a good coach and will prove it if given enough time.

1) Jeff Saturday, until proven otherwise

2) Nate Hackett

3) Josh McDaniels, on the way to a 2x loser.

4) Lovie Smith, what is he even doing in Houston. 

5) Matt LaFleur 

I think McDaniels is worse than Hackett. Hacketts team plays hard, even though they make playing look hard.

McDaniels is a walking disaster. Took a playoff team, gave them more talent and broke them.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I have to have Jeff Saturday at number one. Never coached above high school. And he hasn’t even been very successful at that. 

You have no proof he won't be very good until he coaches a game.  We have multiple games worth of proof Hackett is terrible and the whole pre-season.

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He has coached multiple games. At the High School level, where he is 20-16

Which means nothing honestly in relation to this team.  Would you judge McD coaching the 2018 version of the Bills the same way you'd judge him with the 2022 version?  There is a chance he is bad, but I don't see how you could get worse than Hackett.

Edited by Big Turk

I think I definitely see some of this stuff differently (not saying better) 

I think lovie is doing a great job in Houston. They shouldn’t even be able to compete in 80% of the games they have very little talent there. 
I also think Dan Campbell is doing quite a good job in Detroit cause they have almost no talent on defense. 

I would put my list at 

1) Hackett they have a lot of talent and can’t do anything right. 
2) McDaniels, how do you even make the raiders worse? 
3) Zac Taylor yeah he got them to a superbowl.. But if you watch a lot of Bengals games they are 100% a square peg in a round hole team. We’re at week 9 and despite Burrow getting hammered all year yesterday was only the 3rd time Mixon had over 20 carries. He will not make adjustments when things go badly and they underachieve way more than they should. 
4) Kingsbury, ever notice how great Arizona is at the end of halves and end of games when they get to the 2 minute offense? That’s probably because they can’t play offense the rest of the game and you never see any highlights. They constantly try and load that team and constantly underachieve. It’s not all kylers fault. 

5) Todd Bowles has to get on the list. Brady does look shot. But so does literally everyone else on the team. He took over and the entire team fell apart. 

Rhule would have been number one had he not already been fired, and I won’t shade Saturday before he hits the sideline despite not having any qualifications to do so. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.