Trying to stay off and just so disappointed, but some questions & points to make

Billsfan1972

4 minutes ago, teef said:

but this one was special!

Very special.....  

BTW let's hear your opinion.

Still no one has explained what happened on the second Int, the holding penalty and few commented whether PI or not.  Davis should have caught it as it was a perfect pass.  

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Very special.....  

BTW let's hear your opinion.

Still no one has explained what happened on the second Int, the holding penalty and few commented whether PI or not.  Davis should have caught it as it was a perfect pass.  

you already heard it.  you can also see it echoed in a number of other threads.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Simple questions and wanted them answered here in one spot.  

The first int was the worst pass I've seen Josh throw in years.  Second it appeared Davis ran the wrong route (as otherwise it was a terrible pass too).  Was looking here to see if someone could confirm.

Is there anything else we can do for you while you refuse to help yourself?

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m having a difficult time emotionally reading the board today. Can someone summarize the threads for me?  Just want to know what everyone is thinking without having to be invested.  Thanks in advance. 

Actually not a single thread referring to PI in the title, the Hold or the Interceptions or would have gone there.

Just now, Gene1973 said:

No, not really. I'd much prefer to pick at Allen in the MVP thread for minute details. This crap was not supposed to happen this season...

a loss?  you didn't expect a loss to happen this season?  no one likes to lose to the jets, but we just need to see how this plays out.  the team is 6-2 and i'm just waiting for some ####### to tell us the, "wheels are about to come off".    you and some other posters may have set some unrealistic expectations of this team, but take it down a notch.  

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bills got the benefit of a late game PI against the Rams a coupe years back in Buffalo.  I am fine with the Davis incompletion being a no call.  The defender go there a little early but Davis was slowing and coming back to the ball too.  If Davis slows more and gets run over I think they would have called it.  

The Bucs PI was more blatant.  He got there early, hooked and turned the WR.  

Why would you be ok with a ref not calling a penalty when one was blatantly committed? He never looked back for the ball he had a hold with left hand and held blocked the receivers hand with the right. You couldn’t have committed the penalty anymore unless you tackled him. Davis coming back to the ball has nothing to do with it and in reality he really wasn’t.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

This is more than a loss, it appears. We'll find out next week for sure.

I don’t know about that.  The Bills were 7-6 at one point last season, yet many people had them winning the Super Bowl - if only for 13 seconds.  

I think people just get too invested in the hype that the media was throwing out there, while diminishing the injury losses and how difficult it is to be the target of other teams every single week. 

Edited by WotAGuy

11 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

This is more than a loss, it appears. We'll find out next week for sure.

but it really isn't.  you're just looking at it through you gene lens.  if it continues, then it will certainly be more of a discussion.

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Getting them back would certainly help. And no, if the Bills would just win the SB I can check this box and be done with it, you'd never see me again.

until the next loss.  when people are upset, that is your time to shine.  also, this loss doesn't stop them from going to the super bowl, or even the playoffs?  they just have to be strong towards the end of the year, and punch the playoffs in the face. deal with the lows now and be ready in january.  that's what i'm hoping.  who knows.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Saw Tom Brady get the pass interference at the goal line and Gabe was mauled on that last play (though hit him in the hands).

Different officials will call this stuff differently.  However, I really think if Davis made a better attempt at the ball a flag could have been more possible...he could have sold it.   Christ, he could have caught it.   But the ball never hit his hands somehow.  He was holding Gardner off while the ball was approaching and Gardner had his hand on his back so it was going both ways but Gardner did not get his head around.  Then again, the head around thing does not seem to automatically generate the flag like it once did.   I hate 60 yard PI penalties in general though, the Bills should not have needed this to win or tie the game.

• Agree 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I don't think they can have as many losses in a lull as they did last season, they were dealing with much lesser competition in the AFCE. It's likely the Jets and Pats fall off and go away, but the Dolphins aren't. And iirc the Bills were 6-0, 5-1, 5-1 in the AFCE the prev 3 seasons, 0-2 might already be problematic.

maybe.  we just don't know.  i'm going to continue to watch the game and not freak out yet.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.