Trying to stay off and just so disappointed, but some questions & points to make

Billsfan1972

Sorry but can't read all the posts as just too much for me and in a lousy mood.

I think I have noted my concerns on past threads and usually shouted down, but many looking more and more correct.

Simply the defense is allowing teams to take time off the clock and when Buffalo get's the ball back finally, they are antsy as they have been on the sidelines so long (happened vs. GB too).

What was Josh thinking the first int?

Was the second miscommunication with Davis?

Saw Tom Brady get the pass interference at the goal line and Gabe was mauled on that last play (though hit him in the hands).

Was there holding on the first down pass to Diggs?

Can't let the Jets offence dominate like they did.

Thought the second half vs. GB would be a wake-up and keep saying the Bills (or at least fans) just seem to think they pre-ordained to play in the SB, and wonder if players/coaches too reading their press clippings.

Just off the top on my head..... 

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I think I have noted my concerns on past threads and usually shouted down, but many looking more and more correct.

Simply the defense is allowing teams to take time off the clock and when Buffalo get's the ball back finally, they are antsy as they have been on the sidelines so long (happened vs. GB too).

Saw Tom Brady get the pass interference at the goal line and Gabe was mauled on that last play (though hit him in the hands).

Though the second half vs. GB would be a wake-up and keep saying the Bills (or at least fans) just seem to think they pre-ordained to play in the SB, and wonder if players/coaches too reading their press clippings.

First INT: I watched it a few more times. Just a bad throw. Meant to hang it up high so only Knox could get it and he missed. It happens. 
Second INT: beats me. I think it was an out, and maybe Allen thought it was an in, but it looks like he had time to see which way Davis was cutting before he threw it. Just a bad decision based on pressure?

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Though the second half vs. GB would be a wake-up and keep saying the Bills (or at least fans) just seem to think they pre-ordained to play in the SB, and wonder if players/coaches too reading their press clippings.

Some of these questions are answered in pressers and such - for example Josh was asked what happened on the first INT several times during his presser.

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Some of these questions are answered in pressers and such - for example Josh was asked what happened on the first INT several times during his presser.

I said I'm not listening or reading as so bothered by yesterday.  

What about the second?  Anything said about the last play (or first down holding)?

How about how Jets controlled the ball and ate clock? 

Was Josh too excited when they finally got the ball back?

Edited by Billsfan1972

Bills got the benefit of a late game PI against the Rams a coupe years back in Buffalo.  I am fine with the Davis incompletion being a no call.  The defender go there a little early but Davis was slowing and coming back to the ball too.  If Davis slows more and gets run over I think they would have called it.  

The Bucs PI was more blatant.  He got there early, hooked and turned the WR.  

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bills got the benefit of a late game PI against the Rams a coupe years back in Buffalo.  I am fine with the Davis incompletion being a no call.  The defender go there a little early but Davis was slowing and coming back to the ball too.  If Davis slows more and gets run over I think they would have called it.  

The Bucs PI was more blatant.  He got there early, hooked and turned the WR.  

It was PI.  Blatant no, but PI.  The Brady one was ticky-tack imo.  

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I said I'm not listening as so bothered by yesterday.  

What about the second?  Anything said about the last play (or first down holding)?

How about how Jets controlled the ball and ate clock? 

Was Josh too excited when they finally got the ball back?

I mean, if you're not listening to the actual people who know something (like the QB who threw them, or the LT who got called) or the secondary sources like reporters who get paid to produce accurate quotes because you're "so bothered" ---- how is it going to help you to come here and get the opinion of fans who, myself included at times, fall into the descriptive "opinions are like #######s, everybody's got one"?

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Huh?  Asked a few questions.

Since teef you have the answer to everything, help me out????😉

eh.  josh is playing lousy, there's injuries on the defense that have been more of an issue what we realize, (especially milano).  everything is just off now.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

I mean, if you're not listening to the actual people who know something (like the QB who threw them, or the LT who got called) or the secondary sources like reporters who get paid to produce accurate quotes because you're "so bothered" ---- how is it going to help you to come here and get the opinion of fans who, myself included at times, fall into the descriptive "opinions are like #######s, everybody's got one"?

Simple questions and wanted them answered here in one spot.  

The first int was the worst pass I've seen Josh throw in years.  Second it appeared Davis ran the wrong route (as otherwise it was a terrible pass too).  Was looking here to see if someone could confirm.

33 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

First INT: I watched it a few more times. Just a bad throw. Meant to hang it up high so only Knox could get it and he missed. It happens. 

Strangely it was almost exactly the same as the throw right before it where Cook was out in the flat and Allen underthrew it right into the dirt.  

1 minute ago, teef said:

eh.  josh is playing lousy, there's injuries on the defense that have been more of an issue what we realize, (especially milano).  everything is just off now.  

And that's what I hope it is.  Much like last year mid season.  Hope it is just 6 bad quarters.  No way should the Bills allow the Jets Offense to look that good.

37 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What was Josh thinking the first int? I dont think he looked inside, I think he saw Knox (I believe) open and didnt see the robber.  He was baited into this thrown and took it, coverage confused him IMO.

Was the second miscommunication with Davis?  I do think this is right, Davis was in the wrong spot, I have to watch it again, but I think this ball cam out before Davis was out of his break hence when davis goes the wrong way a bad pick is incoming. 

Saw Tom Brady get the pass interference at the goal line and Gabe was mauled on that last play (though hit him in the hands).  Should have been PI, but also should have been Caught, was a DIME.

Was there holding on the first down pass to Diggs?  I watched it 5 times, I dont see it.

Thought the second half vs. GB would be a wake-up and keep saying the Bills (or at least fans) just seem to think they pre-ordained to play in the SB, and wonder if players/coaches too reading their press clippings.

Some comments in red bold

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was PI.  Blatant no, but PI.  The Brady one was ticky-tack imo.  

Yeah, it probably was PI, but Davis stuck out a fully extended arm to keep Gardner off him and it seemed to me like it visibly shoved Gardner back, so if they were gonna call PI it might have gone OPI on a completion.  Davis needs to learn to "come back for the ball" in a convincing manner to 1) prevent the INT 2) better sell the DPI

The Zebras were watching that stuff and keeping their flags in their pockets all game.  I have no problem with not calling it in those circs.

I'm bothered by the Zebras calling the hold because they hadn't been calling OH all game.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Simple questions and wanted them answered here in one spot.  

IOW, you want to be "spoon fed" by people who are already talking about these issues in other threads? F that noise.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The first int was the worst pass I've seen Josh throw in years.  Second it appeared Davis ran the wrong route (as otherwise it was a terrible pass too).  Was looking here to see if someone could confirm.

Sounds like you already have an opinion, so why would what Josh said about it matter to you

Edited by Beck Water

36 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

1. First INT was a rookie like mistake. Josh simply misses the defender and locks in on his receiver.  bad throw and he knew it.

2. 2nd INt was a miscommunication. Whose fault ? not sure

3. If Davis comes back to the ball on that last pass he gets run over and gets the PI call. Davis needs to be smarter there and sell that interference. He also should have caught it regardless. He is a pro receiver at the highest level. That catch needs to be made. As the play went it could have been called PI but it would have been a soft call.  The defender did not turn around and there was contact.

4. No idea if it was legit holding on Dawkins. CBS garbage coverage showed no replay on what was the biggest call of the game. If it was, I hope it was egregious and the holding was the only reason that the play was positive for the Bills (so therefore needed to be called). But in the NFL so many of these officials want to be the star with their ticky tack BS calls. Im still pissed at CBS though for no replay. As if they assume that the refs have it right every time. I wish these refs would just let them play unless its a blatant hold.

5. I also thought the 2nd half of GB would be a wake up call for the Bills. Dorsey needs to diversify the playbook in situations where things are not working and stop putting it all on Josh to win games with hero ball. Josh is capable of doing that even if he is having a bad game but why force it? run the damn ball and get some screens and short passes going.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

1. First INT was a rookie like mistake. Josh simply misses the defender and locks in on his receiver.  bad throw and he knew it.

2. 2nd INt was a miscommunication. Whose fault ? not sure

3. If Davis comes back to the ball on that last pass he gets run over and gets the PI call. Davis needs to be smarter there and sell that interference. He also should have caught it regardless. He is a pro receiver at the highest level. That catch needs to be made. As the play went it could have been called PI but it would have been a soft call.  The defender did not turn around and there was contact.

4. No idea if it was legit holding on Dawkins. CBS garbage coverage showed no replay on what was the biggest call of the game. If it was, I hope it was egregious and the holding was the only reason that the play was positive for the Bills (so therefore needed to be called). But in the NFL so many of these officials want to be the star with their ticky tack BS calls. Im still pissed at CBS though for no replay. As if they assume that the refs have it right every time. I wish these refs would just let them play unless its a blatant hold.

5. I also thought the 2nd half of GB would be a wake up call for the Bills. Dorsey needs to diversify the playbook in situations where things are not working and stop putting it all on Josh to win games with hero ball. Josh is capable of doing that even if he is having a bad game but why force it? run the damn ball and get some screens and short passes going.

Appreciate the responses.  I looked quickly at the first page and saw no threads specifically on 2,3 & 4. 

The Bills right now seem slightly lost and coaching has not been very good of late.

Again hope it is just a small correction and things will quickly be back on track.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.