Trump setting sights on Ground Zero

duey

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/18/news/newsm...dex.htm?cnn=yes

If anyone can fix this mess, Trump can. With Bloomburg and Pataki all consumed with the West Side Stadium issue, the rebuilding of Ground Zero has fallen far behind schedule. It's almost four years later, and we still have nothing more than a big, ugly hole in the ground.

I think Trump can be an ass at times, but I think in this case, he's the man to get this job done right. He's a New Yorker that actually has pride in this city.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/18/news/newsm...dex.htm?cnn=yes

If anyone can fix this mess, Trump can.  With Bloomburg and Pataki all consumed with the West Side Stadium issue, the rebuilding of Ground Zero has fallen far behind schedule.  It's almost four years later, and we still have nothing more than a big, ugly hole in the ground.

I think Trump can be an ass at times, but I think in this case, he's the man to get this job done right.  He's a New Yorker that actually has pride in this city.

339452[/snapback]

Agreed..even for the plubicity alone..Trump would do a hell of a job!!!

Agreed..even for the plubicity alone..Trump would do a hell of a job!!!

339457[/snapback]

Maybe that's what the new Apprentice (aka: Kendra) will be working on when she wins this week. :D If so, that's an AWESOME prize ;)

CW

Without a doubt, Trump would bask in the spotlight this job would put on him. And of course, he would look to make money on it too. But if you look at all the projects he's done in NYC...they were done right. He has built beautiful new buildings and has revitalized old ones. I don't know if its to late in the game for him to get involved, but I sure hope he gets his chance.

Maybe that's what the new Apprentice (aka: Kendra) will be working on when she wins this week. ;)  If so, that's an AWESOME prize :lol:

CW

339460[/snapback]

Can you imagine? "Kendra...you're HIRED. Now go out and rebuild the Twin Towers. :D

Damn I'd love those towers to be a part of the skyline again. Looking out my office window...it's still so damn empty over there. :lol:

God Bless Donald Trump. I'm not a big fan of his, but I have thought all along that the right thing to do was to put the damn towers back up better and bigger than they were before. My heart broke when I saw that stupid Freedom Tower concept.

God Bless Donald Trump.  I'm not a big fan of his, but I have thought all along that the right thing to do was to put the damn towers back up better and bigger than they were before.  My heart broke when I saw that stupid Freedom Tower concept.

339515[/snapback]

Exactly, they should rebuild the twin towers, only paint "F*ck the Middle East" in massive letters on them.

0:)

it helps his show

helps his image

and will make him even more millions.

im not surprised.

i hate the idea of building simmilar looking buildings there

i hate the name "freedom tower". sounds like it was thaught up by a child. why not just name it "america is the greatest country tower". noone will say thats a bad name... 0:)

they need something new.

a big freakin, multi building monument, or something. not some office building. (cus there is no way in hell you will get me to work there).

sounds to me like hes just gunna build another skyscraper. just as insulting to me as making it a parking lot.

it helps his show

helps his image

and will make him even more millions.

im not surprised.

i hate the name "freedom tower"

i hate the idea of building simmilar looking buildings there

they need something new.

a big freakin, multi building monument, or something. not some office building. (cus there is no way in hell you will get me to work there).

sounds to me like hes just gunna build another skyscraper. just as insulting to me as making it a parking lot.

339575[/snapback]

thank

y

o

u

e

e cummings

339575[/snapback]

So a big multi-building monument that nobody will live or work in? Let's be realistic. The WTC site is on 60+ acres in downtown Manhattan. You can't just let it sit there forever and you can't spend billions to put up 100 story monuments. As much as it saddens me every time I think about the events of that day I think building new buildings on the foundations (not in the literal sense) of the old is an appropriate tribute. The only problem that I have with Trump's plan is that he's proposing making them 1 foot taller than the other Twin Towers. I want those towers to be the biggest buildings in the world again.

So a big multi-building monument that nobody will live or work in?  Let's be realistic.  The WTC site is on 60+ acres in downtown Manhattan.  You can't just let it sit there forever and you can't spend billions to put up 100 story monuments.  As much as it saddens me every time I think about the events of that day I think building new buildings on the foundations (not in the literal sense) of the old is an appropriate tribute.  The only problem that I have with Trump's plan is that he's proposing making them 1 foot taller than the other Twin Towers.  I want those towers to be the biggest buildings in the world again.

339608[/snapback]

i just want there to be a large monument to the people that died. it jsut sounds to me that trump wants to build just another sky scraper on the WTC site.

i also expected to see SEVERAL options or layouts for possible buildings or momorials. not just "here is the one we want", or "i like this one better and it will be on my show this week."

who designs monuments? who has say in its design or look?

I love that and I hope it gets done. The Freedom Tower always got on my nerves because it looked really cheesy and like Trump said...it's a freaking skeleton. We should rebuild the World Trade Center and build it better than before, bigger and stronger too! !@#$ the terrorists! That would be the best thing to do and would be what the people who worked in those buildings every day would have wanted IMO.

I've always liked the idea of rebuilding the towers. Kind of like a "Take THAT you &*%^(* attitude to those who attacked us.

Not sure I'm happy that Trump would do it though.

Re0build the towers, but one floor higher. A big F---Off!!

Re0build the towers, but one floor higher.  A big F---Off!!

339640[/snapback]

EXACTLY! 0:)

Actually, i'd go one step further. Rebuild the towers, but make them the largest towers in the world! !@#$ all those terrorists and everyone who hates us! :doh: