Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

A breakdown of the big runs on the final drive:

1st & 10 from the NYJ 4 - GH Counter: Epenesa gets washed - DaQuan Jones actually makes a really good play to cross hats once he recognizes Counter and then misses the tackle at the line of scrimmage.

1st & 10 from the NYJ 20 - GH Counter: We slant the DL to the Counter - Epenesa gets reached and doesn't fit his gap.

1st & 10 from the NYJ 36 - Stretch with Split Zone misdirection: Shaq Lawson and Benford both lose the edge. Shaq misses the tackle at the line of scrimmage.

2nd & 1 from the BUF 38 - Trap: We're rolling 3 into the Trap which should put us in a really good situation. Oliver doesn't get hands on the guard and allows him to work second level. Shaq and Bernard fit properly. Jaquan way to slow to roll to fit C gap and end up getting cracked by the outside receiver. Dane Jackson slow to replace on the crack and then misses the tackle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HoofHearted said:

1st & 10 from the NYJ 4 - GH Counter: Epenesa gets washed - DaQuan Jones actually makes a really good play to cross hats once he recognizes Counter and then misses the tackle at the line of scrimmage.

1st & 10 from the NYJ 20 - GH Counter: We slant the DL to the Counter - Epenesa gets reached and doesn't fit his gap.

1st & 10 from the NYJ 36 - Stretch with Split Zone misdirection: Shaq Lawson and Benford both lose the edge. Shaq misses the tackle at the line of scrimmage.

2nd & 1 from the BUF 38 - Trap: We're rolling 3 into the Trap which should put us in a really good situation. Oliver doesn't get hands on the guard and allows him to work second level. Shaq and Bernard fit properly. Jaquan way to slow to roll to fit C gap and end up getting cracked by the outside receiver. Dane Jackson slow to replace on the crack and then misses the tackle.

And Edmunds nowhere to be found. Cut him.

😏

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

There's this phase of the game called "offense"

You should look into it. It's pretty cool. 

Yeah I know that phase. And it wasn’t good enough this week. How many times has the offense bailed out defense?  Maybe they should return the favor every now and then. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a big Ed Oliver guy. I thought he was poor today. Not as bad as Phillips who was hopeless but poor all the same.

It’s worth mentioning that I did not see Oliver in on the final drive. It makes sense as the Jest were running and run D is not his forte. I saw Phillips and Settle at DT on that drive. 

Edited by BarleyNY

35 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Yeah, the one we gave up 208 yards rushing for 6.7 yards per carry. Our run defense was horrific. If you're suggesting otherwise I dunno what to tell you.

I agree with this. Whats lost on a lot of people around here is that Milano is able to do a lot of the things he does because of what Edmunds does within the scheme. It is built to bounce everything out to Milano and Taron. Those are the two dudes who should be making the most impact plays and for the most part they do.

As far as posting, I should be able to do a lot more of it as soon as my season wraps up.

So even giving up those yards we won by double digits that week huh. 

just like we would have this week if it wasn’t for the offense pooping the bed. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s worth mentioning that I did not see Oliver in on the final drive. It makes sense as the Jest were running and run D is not his forte. I saw Phillips and Settle at DT on that drive. 

Oliver and Settle came in for a couple plays mid-drive when McD yanked Phillips and Jones off the field, but they weren't out there long at all.

I don't care who's due on the DLine rotation; Oliver and Settle should have been out there to start that last drive and they weren't.

8 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Thanks for doing that.

I don't know if they were tired or what, but there was some half-stepping going on out there late.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Oliver and Settle came in for a couple plays mid-drive when McD yanked Phillips and Jones off the field, but they weren't out there long at all.

I don't care who's due on the DLine rotation; Oliver and Settle should have been out there to start that last drive and they weren't.

Thanks. I missed that they came in at all on the drive. 

Von and Edmunds were the only two players that played well at all today on defense. Yet here we are in classic TBD fashion. There are experts people constantly ignore that point out real answers for what happened in the game. There’s one posting alot of facts in here right now. 

D line was awful today as was Josh and Gabe 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I know that phase. And it wasn’t good enough this week. How many times has the offense bailed out defense?  Maybe they should return the favor every now and then. 

Okay....yes, that would be nice. And that's the point about the GB game. The offense is the reason the Bills were up by double digits.

But the post you were originally replying to was about Milano. You seemed to be indicating that Milano was the difference in the defense's play and then the other poster pointed out that the defense looked similarly poor with Milano in last week. Which is why I followed up about the offense. They were definitely better and put up enough points to be up by double digits.

Once again you're doing this thing where you pivot towards irrelevancy.

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Okay....yes, that would be nice. And that's the point about the GB game. The offense is the reason the Bills were up by double digits.

But the post you were originally replying to was about Milano. You seemed to be indicating that Milano was the difference in the defense's play and then the other poster pointed out that the defense looked similarly poor with Milano in last week. Which is why I followed up about the offense. They were definitely better and put up enough points to be up by double digits.

Once again you're doing this thing where you pivot towards irrelevancy.

What I said is the game Edmunds missed the Defense was fine. Looked normal played normal gave up less than 50 rushing yards and only gave up 3 points. 

now the game Milano Missed. Defense looked like trash open holes all over both on the ground and through the air. 

Reading comprehension must be hard but then again NOTHING matters to you because Edmunds is a GOAT. I get it. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

A single TFL (2 yard) in an impact play?  Interesting your standards on what Impact play is from a 12M LBer. 

Milano goes out this defense looks trash. Where is Edmunds elevating the LBer play?  Hang you hat on one or two Normal LBer plays though. 

1 hour ago, HoofHearted said:

Defense looked like trash last week with Milano in. You do realize Milano is able to roam untouched the majority of the time because the DL and Edmunds are doing the dirty work, right? He's an outside/in fitter - everything gets pushed to him. Milano struggles mightily against gap schemes when he's forced to actually take on blockers. Move Milano into Edmunds role and you put him in a position to do that every single play - he'd look horrific.

Hudl

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

You mean the game we won by double digits?  Seems trash was enough that game huh? 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

There's this phase of the game called "offense"

You should look into it. It's pretty cool. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What I said is the game Edmunds missed the Defense was fine. Looked normal played normal gave up less than 50 rushing yards and only gave up 3 points. 

now the game Milano Missed. Defense looked like trash open holes all over both on the ground and through the air. 

Reading comprehension must be hard but then again NOTHING matters to you because Edmunds is a GOAT. I get it. 

That's not what you said. The exchange as it actually happened is posted above. You pivot to irrelevant points and try to gaslight other posters. It's not working.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

That's not what you said. The exchange as it actually happened is posted above. You pivot to irrelevant points and try to gaslight other posters. It's not working.

What I said was the game Milano looked like trash to your alter ego the double digit win. Is that inaccurate?  

I then followed it up with I know what an offense is. 

at no point did I say anything about how Milano and Edmunds make this defense look until your post and my reply. As I said reading comprehension. But also like I said it doesn’t matter what anyone says your mind is made up 

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Hey look, the moment Edmunds leaves the game, Minnesota roars back into it and marches all over the field on us. 

He's a vital part of this defense and a damn good player. End of discussion. 

He was doing a great job shutting Jefferson down and getting pressure on Kirk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.