Is There So Little Love for Tremaine Edmunds?

Shaw66

4 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Defense looked like trash last week with Milano in. You do realize Milano is able to roam untouched the majority of the time because the DL and Edmunds are doing the dirty work, right? He's an outside/in fitter - everything gets pushed to him. Milano struggles mightily against gap schemes when he's forced to actually take on blockers. Move Milano into Edmunds role and you put him in a position to do that every single play - he'd look horrific.

Hudl

You mean the game we won by double digits?  Seems trash was enough that game huh? 

and the one game Edmunds missed and Milano didn’t the Defense was great so there goes that analysis huh. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, HoofHearted said:

They won't be able to tell you. Everyone around here just throws out blanket statements without any clue how stopping the run actually works.

I wish you posted more.

Anyway, I find it interesting that specifically after this game people want Edmunds gone due to his play - if anything, this game proved that we have hard time replacing any of our starting LBs, so I wonder why people think it will be easy to replace Edmunds.

I think he is as good as gone next year, but not because of his play, but because of cap limitations.

Edited by No_Matter_What

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You mean the game we won by double digits?  Seems trash was enough that game huh? 

Yeah, the one we gave up 208 yards rushing for 6.7 yards per carry. Our run defense was horrific. If you're suggesting otherwise I dunno what to tell you.

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I wish you posted more.

Anyway, I find it interesting that specifically after this game people want Edmunds gone due to his play - if anything, this game proved that we have hard time replacing any of our starting LBs, so I wonder why people think it will be easy to replace Edmunds.

I think he is as good as gone next year, but not because of his play, but because of cap limitations.

I agree with this. Whats lost on a lot of people around here is that Milano is able to do a lot of the things he does because of what Edmunds does within the scheme. It is built to bounce everything out to Milano and Taron. Those are the two dudes who should be making the most impact plays and for the most part they do.

As far as posting, I should be able to do a lot more of it as soon as my season wraps up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I wish you posted more.

They can make it work. I see the Bills keeping both Edmunds and Milano for the very reason you mention.

If Bernard had played good today (I honestly thought he would) then it'd be a different story.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The DL was a MAJOR disappointment today. All that money spent while our OL is cast offs.

I don't think this is a fair comment. You don't judge DL play based on one game. After 8 games, I guess we can agree that DL investments are well spent.

And to be clear like I said many times before I do agree with you that we should've invested in OL more (even though I think Beane wanted to do that but didn't find a way in neither OL nor draft).

Edited by No_Matter_What

40 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

when the d line plays well early in the year and Edmunds was playing solid, he Gets a ton of credit.

And when players around him aren’t great and he doesn’t play well, it’s not his fault?

It can’t go both ways..

Edmunds played well today. If you want him to do 6 people's jobs that is on you. And I have been an Edmunds critic, when it is justified. And it has been, plenty. It wasn't today.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Edmunds played well today. If you want him to do 6 people's jobs that is on you. And I have been an Edmunds critic, when it is justified. And it has been, plenty. It wasn't today.

People are going to be so confused when he gets a good grade from PFF, or Joe Buscaglia... or whatever other couch analysts we'll get updates from this week.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not saying that.

But it just seems like his play depends way too much on circumstances around him.

When the line is good, he’s descent .

When it’s not, he’s bad . 

Like basically any average  linebacker.

so why would we pay him 15-18 mil a year

26 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

We need more Von Millers, Matt Milanos, Hydes, Poyers, and Rousseaus. Guys who offset mistakes with big plays and will make things happen. I’m starting to sour on Oliver as a priority re-sign. He’s been far too invisible in the interior. 

100% agree on Oliver.  (So far)

You pay splash players.

You can find lynch pin guys for Daquan Jones money. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Clearly Taron Johnson didn’t do enough to prevent the Jets from running the ball down our throat on the game winning drive. Our DL was getting shredded and blockers were making it to the 2nd level wiping out our 2nd line of defense. We needed more beef to match the Jets.

Why would you specifically put the blame on Tauron Johnson for the run D issues late in the game? I’m not saying that we shouldn’t try it in some circumstances, but I don’t know that it would have made a big difference in this one. We were already without Milano so we’d have been bringing in our LB4 to replace Tauron.

Poyer, Hyde and Milano were out and we lost Rousseau during the game. We still had a lot of players on the DL rotating and we were coming off a bye so I would have expected them to have more energy at the end, but I didn’t see it.  Missing Rousseau really hurt our run D IMO. 

I saw a tired defense getting bullied by a team playing at home with a lot of emotion. That happens sometimes when you let a team hang around. Still, that defense only gave up a FG on that drive and only 20 points total. The Bills offense should be able to put up 21 against anyone. 

Edited by BarleyNY

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am not saying that.

But it just seems like his play depends way too much on circumstances around him.

When the line is good, he’s descent .

When it’s not, he’s bad . 

Like basically any average  linebacker.

so why would we pay him 15-18 mil a year

He wasn't bad, though.

The plays he made was tackling guys moving east/west chasing down with his athleticism when things go sideways (no pun). But when it comes to actually reading plays and being a MLB he's atrocious. He can't play MLB. We gave up 174 yards rushing this week and 208 rushing last week. 

Need to play outside.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.