NFL Week 8: Packers at Bills - post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably true, and we have become spoiled as fans … I know I have. It’s just that we know they’re capable of so much more. This game wasn’t up to the 2022 Bills standard and they’d probably readily admit that. Some of them already have. 

They have and McDermott was especially harsh about quite a few things and said it's not up to their standard and they didn't play their best game.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Einstein said:

I don’t think i’ll ever be able to understand the mindset of a fan that doesn’t care about how the team played, just the end result.

How a team plays can be a predictor of future games. The result can not.

How a team plays over a period of time can be a predictor of future results. How a team plays in a single game, let alone single half is not.  Anyone who follows the NFL knows that the end result is ALL that matters.

Tonight we saw the reasons why the Bills are 6 - 1 and sit alone on top of the AFC.  An explosive offense piloted by an elite play making QB that can hit the big play at any time and pile points up.  And a stingy defense that can get after the QB and bends but almost never breaks. Sure the team and Allen lost focus and didn't play their best in the 2nd half with a 17 point lead. 

When I look at the body of work by the Bill's through the first 7 games I feel very confident that this team will play great over the remaining 10 games.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

A win by 10 and it sounds like McDerrmott is almost trying to pick them up from the loss. Think the players are as annoyed with the game as (some of) the fans are, which is good as it means they shouldn't rest of their laurels.

Allen was ticked off...

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t think i’ll ever be able to understand the mindset of a fan that doesn’t care about how the team played, just the end result.

How a team plays can be a predictor of future games. The result can not.

I agree but it's not like the Bills were terrible. They pretty much cruised to a victory while playing a very poor second half. I never felt like the game was in jeopardy. I think it was more of the Bills being unfocused and sloppy in offense. The defense stopping the run was concerning. I don't believe it will be a huge issue moving forward. Edmunds played his worst game of the year. I think this win may be more benifical than a blow out win. May bring the Bills down to earth sort of speak and make them more focused moving ahead. 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

How a team plays over a period of time can be a predictor of future results. How a team plays in a single game, let alone single half is not.  Anyone who follows the NFL knows that the end result is ALL that matters.

Tonight we saw the reasons why the Bills are 6 - 1 and sit alone on top of the AFC.  An explosive offense piloted by an elite play making QB that can hit the big play at any time and pile points up.  And a stingy defense that can get after the QB and bends but almost never breaks. Sure the team and Allen lost focus and didn't play their best in the 2nd half with a 17 point lead. 

When I look at the body of work by the Bill's through the first 7 games I feel very confident that this team will play great over the remaining 10 games.

I am thinking Einstein is far more off the standard of that name than the Bills were on their standard of play today 

• Haha (+1) 2

I was at the Jax game last year and it was awful.  But then they played the rest of the season and that epic game against KC.  13 secs from potentially winning the SB.  And the coaching there was to blame imo.  They are elite and are the team to beat for this years SB, lousy half tonight regardless.  Don't worry, be happy!

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Rewatching the two picks, Allen had a chance to run on both (especially the first one).

I think the coaching staff told him not to run anymore up 17 and his ability to make decisions got impacted a bit.

Perhaps but Allen just can't make those types of throws. There is no excuse for that. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

He just needs to do what other QBs do when they don’t run…throw the ball away!

It isn’t something we do much, lol.

He was in no-man's land and you know he wanted to run, but was conflicted. To me, that's from being told not to run.  We've gotten to where we are letting Josh be Josh.  Don't screw up the recipe.

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Shaky in the first half? they led 24 - 7 and after a 3 and out on their first possession Allen and the Bills scored 3 straight TD's and closed out the half with a FG.  Meanwhile GB scored only one TD. If that was a "shaky" first half then I would like to see what you consider a solid half of football.

3 years ago this was a solid win. When you expect to be the AFC Super Bowl representative it was below what they’re capable of. They left a lot of plays out on the field and the execution was off in several key situations. 218 yards or whatever for Josh with 2 INTs is sub par for sure. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but it's not like the Bills were terrible. They pretty much cruised to a victory while playing a very poor second half. I never felt like the game was in jeopardy. I think it was more of the Bills being unfocused and sloppy in offense. The defense stopping the run was concerning. I don't believe it will be a huge issue moving forward. Edmunds played his worst game of the year. I think this win may be more benifical than a blow out win. May bring the Bills down to earth sort of speak and make them more focused moving ahead. 

The Bills led by 17 at the half, the Packers never got it closer than 10 and that happened with about 6 minutes left.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.