Patriots may have a QB

Einstein

32 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Much like the cosmological constant, Einstein was wrong on this one too. It happens to the best of us.

Isn’t the first time i’ve been wrong. Won’t be the last.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

Zappe is a guy I'd be fine with throwing in the game if your QB went down with an injury in the 2nd quarter and let his adrenaline carry him through. But he's not a guy I'd want starting the next week. He seems like an in-game backup but not your actual 2nd stringer if that makes sense. 

Yeah it does.  Someone who would be activated when they allowed 3rd QB activated but not someone you want teams planning against/

Edited by Punching Bag
Duplicate post

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I like Zappe. Tough dude making the most of his limited abilities. He would be a guy I'd love on the PS

If Late Nate Peterman, and Mac & Cheese Jones are still in the league, there should be a place for Zappe somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

You know who I think has a QB. The Bears. I think Caleb Williams is going to be a good one. I think he is going to be a fun player to watch. 

Having watched him in LA, I came into the draft agreeing he should be the first QB taken...but I also had some reservation about whether he had what it takes to be a leader and a field general in the NFL to reach his full potential in the NFL.  I also had some concerns about is he more of a front runner, or can he hold it together when things are not going their way.

That being said, he has really impressed me thus far and my concerns are far lower now than they were prior to the draft.  I am not saying he is a lock to be the next great QB, but I do really like what I have seen from him with all the access we have gotten from Hard Knocks in terms of being a leader of that team already.  I like a lot what I have seen in limited play on the field too.

So heading into the season I am more optimistic about his future than I was previously and think the kid has been very impressive and give him his kudos.  He is setup for success there as well with Moore and Odunze their long term, a good TE in Kmet, and Allen has a reliable safety net for a young QB this year too.  OL is still a question mark, but they have made additions there in the draft, so should be headed in the right direction too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Isn’t the first time i’ve been wrong. Won’t be the last.

True for all of us.  And Kudos on owning it rather than spinning it like so many do here.  Respect 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the Pats might screw him up but I wish they had Mac Jones instead of Maye. Maye has some Allen to him.

luckily, they have been a joke at evaluating offensive talent for a decade. But Maye could be a good one 

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

You know who I think has a QB. The Bears. I think Caleb Williams is going to be a good one. I think he is going to be a fun player to watch. 

I agree but it’s hilarious how it was ever a doubt. Dude has been awesome since he was a freshman. It was only beta dudes who didn’t like him because he painted his nails and was “different.” He will be a top 10 qb in 2 years. 

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

0 reason to refresh this topic from 2022 to now knowing what we even new last year.  Tell me. How many times have you been wrong since 2022?

sorry..  I dislike bumps like this.  It takes guts to make a bold prediction. How many bold predictions have you made since 2022? were they right? wrong? have you been called out on them like this.   

Moving on. Nothing to see here.  We are better than this

No we arent

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

0 reason to refresh this topic from 2022 to now knowing what we even new last year.  Tell me. How many times have you been wrong since 2022?

sorry..  I dislike bumps like this.  It takes guts to make a bold prediction. How many bold predictions have you made since 2022? were they right? wrong? have you been called out on them like this.   

Moving on. Nothing to see here.  We are better than this. 

I thought this was the new one for a minute.

Edited by Warcodered

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Moving on. Nothing to see here.  We are better than this. 

Why so serious?

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why so serious?

Rarely do I get serious on here. If something bothers me, I usually hit the little X button on top and move on.  The difference in this case is, there are very few people on these forums that are willing to just lay it all out there. I have seen you do it,, A few others do it.. I have done it... but what Erks me my friend is when someone feels the need to do a call out from too freaking years ago.  We all know he was wrong about it last year. It is what it is... he was wrong this time. Alphadog puts himself out there a ton as well.  We do not always have to be right yet we are Bills Mafia. We do not have to call out people on threads from 2 years ago.  I mean. If i wanted to? I could go back 2 years and fill the first 2 plages of these forums.  What's the point? Why Bother? To make yourself look better cause you are the one that posted he was released?

come on man. 

I wont be returning to this thread. I have to much respect for the op to give this the time of day anymore. 

Drops mic.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Rarely do I get serious on here. If something bothers me, I usually hit the little X button on top and move on.  The difference in this case is, there are very few people on these forums that are willing to just lay it all out there. I have seen you do it,, A few others do it.. I have done it... but what Erks me my friend is when someone feels the need to do a call out from too freaking years ago.  We all know he was wrong about it last year. It is what it is... he was wrong this time. Alphadog puts himself out there a ton as well.  We do not always have to be right yet we are Bills Mafia. We do not have to call out people on threads from 2 years ago.  I mean. If i wanted to? I could go back 2 years and fill the first 2 plages of these forums.  What's the point? Why Bother? To make yourself look better cause you are the one that posted he was released?

come on man. 

I wont be returning to this thread. I have to much respect for the op to give this the time of day anymore. 

Drops mic.

I respect that. I do think it is a bit of an overreaction. But hey, we all have our things that annoy us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

I respect that. I do think it is a bit of an overreaction. But hey, we all have our things that annoy us.

I live in constant fear someone will dig up my original thoughts on Allen🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I will never grade a college qb publicly again😢😢😢

• Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Having watched him in LA, I came into the draft agreeing he should be the first QB taken...but I also had some reservation about whether he had what it takes to be a leader and a field general in the NFL to reach his full potential in the NFL.  I also had some concerns about is he more of a front runner, or can he hold it together when things are not going their way.

That being said, he has really impressed me thus far and my concerns are far lower now than they were prior to the draft.  I am not saying he is a lock to be the next great QB, but I do really like what I have seen from him with all the access we have gotten from Hard Knocks in terms of being a leader of that team already.  I like a lot what I have seen in limited play on the field too.

So heading into the season I am more optimistic about his future than I was previously and think the kid has been very impressive and give him his kudos.  He is setup for success there as well with Moore and Odunze their long term, a good TE in Kmet, and Allen has a reliable safety net for a young QB this year too.  OL is still a question mark, but they have made additions there in the draft, so should be headed in the right direction too.

On draft day he seemed to my wife and I like an arrogant tool.  

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maye has some Allen to him.

Huh?  If Maye tries to play like Allen he'll be decapitated.

I watched Maye at UNC.  I think his ceiling in the NFL is around a top 10-15 guy...which is very good, but he's not elite.