Direct TV Sunday Ticket Poll

Is DTV hosing the public by asking an additional 99 bucks for football in HD?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Is DTV hosing the public by asking an additional 99 bucks for football in HD?

• Yes?
    • No?

That's pretty steep. I don't have DirecTV and the only reason I would get it is for the NFL Sunday Ticket. It's not worth it even though I usually B word about the lousy games on network TV when the Bills are on the road. I have season tickets and Bills Home Games are an all day event so I hardly ever see the 4pm games anyways. If you don't go to the Bills home games and live out of town, then I can see paying whatever price they ask.

338448[/snapback]

I don't think $199 for returning customers (I've had the Sunday Ticket for as long as DTV has offered it) is bad at all. DTV's regular programming packages are in many cases cheaper than cable as well.

My wife and I drive 12 hours or so each way to all the home games, and watch the away games on Sunday Ticket. I think it's worth the $199 for just half the games, particularly when it keeps me out of the local sports bar (usually) with its $4 per pint Guinesses.

I don't think $199 for returning customers (I've had the Sunday Ticket for as long as DTV has offered it) is bad at all. DTV's regular programming packages are in many cases cheaper than cable as well.

My wife and I drive 12 hours or so each way to all the home games, and watch the away games on Sunday Ticket. I think it's worth the $199 for just half the games, particularly when it keeps me out of the local sports bar (usually) with its $4 per pint Guinesses.

338536[/snapback]

i don't have a problem with the cost either, and i've also had the ticket since its' inception. i'm a little peeved that the HD games cost extra this year, but honestly, that won't stop me from buying the package. i'll use the bills' fan argument and try to get the programming discount.

living in NC, knowing every sunday that i can kick back to watch the bills in the comfort of my own home -- and flip around to catch whatever else is going on (yes, i'm in a couple of fantasy leagues) is worth a lot to me.

338536[/snapback]

Wow, ever think about driving to Norfolk and taking Southwest. Bet you it wouldn't cost any more with gas the way it is. Right now $134 apiece for the opener. Gotta cost at least $150 for gas, no