Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Seriously. It can't be pure "luck" or lack there of as to why we have so many injuries can it?  This is out of control at this point. I want to believe that the team will still be successful but there's no way to sustain a winning record when your missing so many KEY starters. It's not even back ups it's starters. 

I think you should start a thread asking if we are "concerned" about this.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Diggs
Davis
Shakir

Hodgins

If McKenzie doesn't clear protocol, Gentry could actually dress as WR5

McKenzie's gonna be fine.  He was dancing at practice.  By Friday he'll be cleared.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Has anyone heard if Crowder is officially going on IR?

I believe McD confirmed that in one of his pressers this week (however, nothing official has come out that I have seen...as in a tweet from the team or anything).  I think it is like 99.9% certain is going on IR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, appoo said:

This ain’t the oline. We have a bog standard oline that’s probably right in the middle for run blocking.

We have the worst RB room in the league, and it’s probably by a good distance. I mean the Dolphins start Raheem Mostert and Chase Edmonds and BOTH of those guys are upgrades over Devin Singletary. 

No.  No they are not...in fact using either ESPN's metrics or PFF's metrics for run blocking it is worst in the NFL by a mile.  And that's really hard to do...

Additionally, Pro Football Outsiders have the Bills with the NFL's worst Adjusted Line Yards, which is a way they try and quantify how good the OLine is doing in terms of run blocking. 

So by 3 metrics, they are the worst run blocking in the NFL, not sure what else you want to let you know they are really bad.  At this point, you are simply determined to stick to your belief and narrative you want to write rather than what is actually happening.

43 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Seriously. It can't be pure "luck" or lack there of as to why we have so many injuries can it?  This is out of control at this point. I want to believe that the team will still be successful but there's no way to sustain a winning record when your missing so many KEY starters. It's not even back ups it's starters. 

I suggest you read this... Packers won the Super Bowl with 15 players on IR. And with key starters Charles Woodson and Donald Driver injured for much of the game and not playing on top of that.  How?  They had Aaron Rodgers.  No excuses.  Adapt and overcome. We have Josh Allen who I believe is every bit his equal and then some.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/599611-green-bay-despite-injuries-and-setbacks-packers-are-champs

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Don't understand what they are doing with Davis. Why the hell is he practicing? He has been useless with his ankle and it's not going to get better with him practicing every day and then playing 100% of snaps. 

Agreed. This is not exactly Tua situation but I don't like how they are treating Davis. This will be third week in a row when he is clearly not healthy yet he is still practicing and playing. Doesn't make sense to me and they are hurting both Davis and team.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Agreed. This is not exactly Tua situation but I don't like how they are treating Davis. This will be third week in a row when he is clearly not healthy yet he is still practicing and playing. Doesn't make sense to me and they are hurting both Davis and team.

Perhaps a situation where resting it isn't going to make it appreciably better? Or because they expect the bye week to handle that for them?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

What in the world makes you think you know more than the Bills' training staff who have been universally praised in league circles for how they manage and take care of their players?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No.  No they are not...in fact using either ESPN's metrics or PFF's metrics for run blocking it is worst in the NFL by a mile.  And that's really hard to do...

Additionally, Pro Football Outsiders have the Bills with the NFL's worst Adjusted Line Yards, which is a way they try and quantify how good the OLine is doing in terms of run blocking. 

So by 3 metrics, they are the worst run blocking in the NFL, not sure what else you want to let you know they are really bad.  At this point, you are simply determined to stick to your belief and narrative you want to write rather than what is actually happening.

I suggest you read this... Packers won the Super Bowl with 15 players on IR. And with key starters Charles Woodson and Donald Driver injured for much of the game and not playing on top of that.  How?  They had Aaron Rodgers.  No excuses.  Adapt and overcome. We have Josh Allen who I believe is every bit his equal and then some.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/599611-green-bay-despite-injuries-and-setbacks-packers-are-champs

Ok the bills are sub par in run blocking (though again, if a RB makes a poor read, and a wrong cut, that reflects on the Oline as well), but how does that negate my point that the Bills have the worst RB room in the NFL? A good RB can make a bad oline look average to good. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.