Dallas Cowboys in 05......

Guest BackInDaDay
Personally, I can't wait to see Drew face the Eagles and Redskins.  Early in the season they also see San Diego and Oakland on the road.  The Raiders gave Drew fits last season.

Late in the year they face back-to-back games with Washington and Carolina.  The rest of the schedule is pretty weak.

I'm not sure how big a difference Parcell is going to make.  He didn't make Vinny suck any less.

337481[/snapback]

You can't wait? How 'bout Greg Williams? :D

As far as 'dem cowboys goes...

Good WRs, potential Pro-Bowl RB, decent O-line, great D, and oh yeah, Drew.

Sounds like the team I've been watching for the last few years.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at both teams , I think the Bills roster will rank ahead in almost every catagory besides TE. The one difference is that Dallas has a weak schedule . Look at when Drew has to play a playoff caliber team . If you need him to step up AND not make mistakes, he will and has failed  miserable over a 2 year period . Im glad he left with his tail between his legs .

Parcells scheem will help Bledsoe. I think that they were kinda in the same situation at quaterback we were in a few years back as in who are you going to get ? Vinny was practly a grandma in the pocket , you spent a ton on a failed 3rd basemen . They find out Quincy is a nut only to let him go to help the jets get to the playoff < still a good move though > . I think that our backup QB is better than Drew . If we would have had Kelly Holcomb last year we would have been in the playoffs  !!!

I love nothing better to watch the cowboys lose and the BILLS win .This season could really shape nice for this Cr8ZyA$$BillsFaNnTexas .

337453[/snapback]

good thing Drew plays well on the road! :D

Parcells might not hurt the cause either.  :D

337279[/snapback]

Parcells is as overrated as Drew is.

He is desperately trying to save his reputation with old vets.

Vinnie, Eddie George, Drew

He shipped his best WR, Antonio Bryant, out of town.

Parcells might not hurt the cause either.  :D

337279[/snapback]

I think that Parcells proves everyday on the job that much of the credit for his "great" coaching goes to the staff that he had assembled in previous stints.

Parcells is as overrated as Drew is.

He is desperately trying to save his reputation with old vets.

Vinnie, Eddie George, Drew

He shipped his best WR, Antonio Bryant, out of town.

337692[/snapback]

LOL! I wish I could think of a way to respond to this! :D

I think that Parcells proves everyday on the job that much of the credit for his "great" coaching goes to the staff that he had assembled in previous stints.

337693[/snapback]

Perhaps, but what is there to indicate that he cannot do the same thing, especially with such a rich owner?

The same could also apply to BB in NE. We shall see.

Perhaps, but what is there to indicate that he cannot do the same thing, especially with such a rich owner?

The same could also apply to BB in NE. We shall see.

337711[/snapback]

Uh, last season was a pretty good indicator. Took a 10-6 team with a highly rated defense and spit the bit in a ridiculously easy division/conference.

Uh, last season was a pretty good indicator.  Took a 10-6 team with a highly rated defense and spit the bit in a ridiculously easy division/conference.

337712[/snapback]

Easy conference? Now, there are but 2, however the AFC seemed to be better last season... :D

Uh, last season was a pretty good indicator.  Took a 10-6 team with a highly rated defense and spit the bit in a ridiculously easy division/conference.

337712[/snapback]

Are you saying that this happened because he had lousy assistants?

Or, do you think that he is a bad coach?

Are you saying that this happened because he had lousy assistants?

Or, do you think that he is a bad coach?

337718[/snapback]

I think he suffers from his own ego. I'm not sure that his assistants are "lousy" but I don't think they're of the caliber he enjoyed in NY or NE.

He's now changing the team around because he can't win with a small fast defense and he's once again brought in a dwindling veteran signal caller. Has the game passed him by? I'm not sure but he seems to be desperately clinging to the past - which is kind of the antithesis of what today's successful coaches are doing.

Sadly the boys will contend for the playoffs. Drew won't be overriding the coaches instructions on which end zone to defend because he thinks he felt the wind shift, and his audible opportunities will be limited. Big Bill (as the media call him here) will keep Drew under his thumb. Something MM was not able to do as a first year coach.

Dallas will be a grind it out team. If their O-line manages to hold up they have a good shot at the playoffs.

I think he suffers from his own ego.  I'm not sure that his assistants are "lousy" but I don't think they're of the caliber he enjoyed in NY or NE.

He's now changing the team around because he can't win with a small fast defense and he's once again brought in a dwindling veteran signal caller.  Has the game passed him by?  I'm not sure but he seems to be desperately clinging to the past - which is kind of the antithesis of what today's successful coaches are doing.

337726[/snapback]

I think that most coaches would prefer to go with an experienced qb. Sometimes it works (the superbowl winning Bucs and Ravens), other times it does not (Brunnell with the Redskins).

Remember, HE could have had Losman instead of us. Instead, he chose to get Drew for nothing, switch positions with us in the draft (gaining a few spots), and gain our 2nd and 5th. WE opted to place the football in the hands of the unproven.

Totally different philosophies I suppose. It will be interesting to see which one, if either, works.

PS: I hate to think that TD and MM made this move mainly because of losing to Pitt.

I think that most coaches would prefer to go with an experienced qb. Sometimes it works (the superbowl winning Bucs and Ravens), other times it does not (Brunnell with the Redskins).

Remember, HE could have had Losman instead of us. Instead, he chose to get Drew for nothing, switch positions with us in the draft (gaining a few spots), and gain our 2nd and 5th. WE opted to place the football in the hands of the unproven.

Totally different philosophies I suppose. It will be interesting to see which one, if either, works.

PS: I hate to think that TD and MM made this move mainly because of losing to Pitt.

337743[/snapback]

Dallas is guaranteed a playoff spot with Drew at QB :D

He will just tear up the blitz-happy Eagles and Redskins, especially on the road. Exploiting the blitz is Drew's strongest attribute. :lol:

337743[/snapback]

First, I don't think Parcells wants to go through the growing period that is inevitable with a young QB. That's not one of his strengths - I think back to how he handled Phil Simms and cringe. His ego is so big he actually thought he could win with Vinny. Try and wrap your head around that after repeating it a few times.

I'm pretty sure Drew was at best on the fence going into the Pitt game. The fact that he spit the bit yet again against a quality opponent certainly cinched it, but it wasn't the abberation to the rule of his performances in such endeavors either.

First, I don't think Parcells wants to go through the growing period that is inevitable with a young QB.  That's not one of his strengths - I think back to how he handled Phil Simms and cringe.  His ego is so big he actually thought he could win with Vinny.  Try and wrap your head around that after repeating it a few times.

I'm pretty sure Drew was at best on the fence going into the Pitt game.  The fact that he spit the bit yet again against a quality opponent certainly cinched it, but it wasn't the abberation to the rule of his performances in such endeavors either.

337847[/snapback]

I could be WAY off here, but I remember last season when Drew, in an interview, noted the fact that the Bills play "smashmouth" football, and didn't have any rushing TDs. This of course was while Travis was the starter. Does this ring a bell?

I remember thinking that MM was going to be pissed off when he heard this, and I am thinking that this particular remark entered into his release as well.