NFLPA initiating investigation into Tua’s concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The league appears to have responded. There was a whole crew on the sideline rewatching the play where Wilson took a hit to the head. It appeared they were going frame by frame looking for concussion symptoms.

wonder if that’ll last or if it’s for show because of all the blowback from the Tua situation.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wonder if that’ll last or if it’s for show because of all the blowback from the Tua situation.

Given the fact that a doctor just lost their job, I'm guessing they are going to be keen not to missing obvious no-go symptoms. 

The question I'm asking is if they'll no-go someone to err on the side of caution who didn't need it... But I guess it boils down to, was there an immediate head trauma? 

16 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Tua was probably half out of it during the Bengals game.  He was having a poor game before the concussion, and look how slow he was making reads on the play where he was TKO'd.  Guys were wide open all over the field.  

It's almost like he shouldn't have been rushed back out on the field after being concussed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tua is not with the team and is getting outside opinions apparently this week...

I honestly would not be surprised if more than half of the doctors he could choose to go to would tell him to retire.

Especially with the focus on head injuries and what they can mean down the line for a person as they get older. He has already suffered the type of brain injury that very few people ever suffer in their life.

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Tua is not with the team and is getting outside opinions apparently this week...

I honestly would not be surprised if more than half of the doctors he could choose to go to would tell him to retire.

Especially with the focus on head injuries and what they can mean down the line for a person as they get older. He has already suffered the type of brain injury that very few people ever suffer in their life.

Some of the threads that show up on here make me think more people have than you think. 

• Haha (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I've read enough stuff on this to KNOW that ANYONE he goes to, if competent, would tell him for sure no more football this SEASON.

That's the default baseline sit-out period of this, after what's happened already.

I'm sure a bunch of doctors, who are concerned only with health issues, would tell him to flat out end his career.

He shouldn't be back THIS SEASON and he shouldn't play for Miami again IMO, if doesn't straight up retire.

18 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Tua was probably half out of it during the Bengals game.  He was having a poor game before the concussion, and look how slow he was making reads on the play where he was TKO'd.  Guys were wide open all over the field.  

That does look damning, but QBs straight up miss guys who are wide open all over the field all the time in this league! 

Russell Wilson was doing it quite a bit on TNF, and I don't think he has head trauma right now.

As bad as that film looks, I find it a stretch to suggest its indicative of brain trauma.  Might be, might not be.

Having said that, I have no doubt he WAS suffering brain trauma and shouldn't have been playing.  Imm just saying you can't infer that from this film.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

That does look damning, but QBs straight up miss guys who are wide open all over the field all the time in this league! 

Russell Wilson was doing it quite a bit on TNF, and I don't think he has head trauma right now.

As bad as that film looks, I find it a stretch to suggest its indicative of brain trauma.  Might be, might not be.

Having said that, I have no doubt he WAS suffering brain trauma and shouldn't have been playing.  Imm just saying you can't infer that from this film.

I agree.  I mostly just posted it to illustrate his poor QB play.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

If Hyde is any indication, he didn’t like what he heard from his initial evaluation. I would imagine, he didn’t get good news. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ataxia wasn't a no-go symptom previously? 😕

Not when it was abnormal loss of motor control that they could say was caused by something other than a head injury. Which is exactly what they did with Tua against the Bills... Because he said so...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.