Anyone else worried about Rosenhaus, McGahee?

I was talking to my bro about this the other day... I feel that if he has a 1200+ yard season with numerous touchdowns, he will be a hold out after next season. that's just my opinion. Then we should hire a hitman to go take out Rosenhaus's legs :blink:

santana moss got paid.......o-gun also forced a trade to the bears and was rewarded with a huge deal........i'm sure there are other examples.......

337127[/snapback]

Moss was traded, that's why he got a new contract. Ogun had no contract with the Fins,so they got what they could for him.

I was talking to my bro about this the other day... I feel that if he has a 1200+ yard season with numerous touchdowns, he will be a hold out after next season.  that's just my opinion.  Then we should hire a hitman to go take out Rosenhaus's legs  :blink:

337271[/snapback]

1200 yards is average. a first round pick RB is expected to get that.

but if he gets 1800 yards.... that might be diffrent.

Rosenhaus made the deal with macgahee, so its not like he hired the guy after having 1 good year.

TO can demand a new deal,

an undrafted probowl TE like gates can demand a new deal.

McGahee should be glad we paid him 1st rounder money. and playout his contract.

Moss was traded, that's why he got a new contract. Ogun had no contract with the Fins,so they got what they could for him.

337294[/snapback]

moss was under contract -- despite that, he got a new deal.......his holdout worked.......

ogun was not under contract, but the phins owned his rights -- he was not a UFA, but a RFA or EFA........they could have made him play out the year at chump change, like so many in his position have done in the past........he threatened to holdout, and they traded him.......he shouldn't have had much leverage, but the threat he would follow through with the holdout gave him plenty.......

Guest BackInDaDay

Many of my fellow Bill's fans currently hold Travis Henry in contempt.

Past embarrassing choices off the field, recent akward play on the field, and his prideful AWOL status have understandably made him such a target.

So McGahee is now our 'featured' back, and he and his agent are already crowing about his future contract demands. I may be alone here, but I'd like to see Willis have a couple TH seasons under his belt before making this much noise.

He's got 1st round talent and a 1st round ego running on a 3rd round knee.

Best case scenario is he stays healthy, plays great, honors his contract and gives the Bills a chance to re-sign him. The 'healthy' and 'honors his contract' part worries me.

Guest BackInDaDay
How long was Willis' original contract?  He's entering year three, even though we've only seen him for 11 games.

Hmm...

337501[/snapback]

WM is entering the 3rd year of a 5yr contract.

Courtesy of www.nflpa.org :

Salary History

2003 411000.00

2004 326250.00

2005 529000.00

2006 731750.00

2007 905000.00

If he stays healthy, TD has himself quite a bargain, but I don't think McGahee and his agent want him to be known as the best 'bargain' in the NFL. :D

The Bills can extend him after a great '05, or anytime between now and the '08 season. With McGahee and his agent already making noise, I doubt we get him into the '06 camp without an extension. At least, that's why they're already expressing their displeasure with the current contract. It's just posturing for next year.

Speaking of posturing...

TD's hardball tactics in dealing with TH serves the additional purpose of sending a message to Rosenhaus. Better not get too greedy. RBs get old quick in the NFL, especially ones waiting around for TD to make a move.

WM is entering the 3rd year of a 5yr contract.

Courtesy of www.nflpa.org :

Salary History

2003 411000.00

2004 326250.00

2005 529000.00

2006 731750.00

2007 905000.00

If he stays healthy, TD has himself quite a bargain, but I don't think McGahee and his agent want him to be known as the best 'bargain' in the NFL.  :D

The Bills can extend him after a great '05, or anytime between now and the '08 season.  With McGahee and his agent already making noise, I doubt we get him into the '06 camp without an extension.  At least, that's why they're already expressing their displeasure with the current contract. It's just posturing for next year.

Speaking of posturing...

TD's hardball tactics in dealing with TH serves the additional purpose of sending a message to Rosenhaus. Better not get too greedy.  RBs get old quick in the NFL, especially ones waiting around for TD to make a move.

337582[/snapback]

the contract also includes escalators.........unlikely that willis will be scheduled for those numbers after this coming season.......

Guest BackInDaDay
the contract also includes escalators.........unlikely that willis will be scheduled for those numbers after this coming season.......

337622[/snapback]

By escalators, do you mean incentives bonuses? I agree that his contract must be full of them, but even if he met all of them, the aggregate compensation can't possibly amount to the signing bonus he'll demand when the Bills are asked to tear up his old contract.

Rosenhaus would like a new, short term contract with a huge signing bonus asap.

This way, Willis can reap the Bill's bonus and still have enough left in the tank to shop himself around in after it expires.

The Bills only have to pay for what's contracted, including the incentives.

If huge bonus money can be allocated for contract extensions, then this might be the future compromise reached. Give Willis his big bonus money so he doesn't feel inadequate at the U of M workouts, and keep him from fleeing town too soon.

i dont think that there is any doubt that these two are money hungry - and reaady to do whateverittakes to get their money. rosenhaus is a disgrace - a true disgrace. and willis has that hurrician mentality - "pay me or trade me". but hey, we use willis this season and run him into the ground and get our moneys worth. if he does not break - we francise him. if he does, then we get another log and throw it on the fire. i mean, great players come adn go, no team or fan should ahve to worry about these gusy alternative motives.

t. owens is a piece of ****.

You sign a contract though and you're supposed to HONOR that contract.  And when a player doesn't play well, they don't exactly go giving money back now, do they?  Should Willis have repaid the Bills for 2003 since he didn't play at all?

337106[/snapback]

This is highly naive. When a player plays well, if the team doesn't like his cap number....he's gone like yesterday's fishwrap (Lawyer Milloy vs. Patriots).

I don't like TO threatening to hold out after 1 season, but if you're supposed to honor the contract that has to be a 2 way street.

It seems to be a trend among rosenhaus' clientale to have a great season and then a take a hard-line negotiation on reworking  their current contract.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see mcgahee have a breakout season and lead the NFL in rushing. But i would also be lying to you if wasn't weary of what a great season may mean. Mcgahee has a 200-yard game and I';m dazzled and excited as a fan. He has 120-yard game a week later, and he's having a brilliant season. I'm happy but in the back of my mind is worry about what greed will do.

Maybe this is a silly thing to worry about, but with all this TO stuff (and javon walker) it seems like this could happen with mcgahee as well.

337033[/snapback]

A halfway decent season would equal a holdout....U of Miami + Rosenhaus = a guaranteed holdout - no question

...as good as Willis is he should kiss Donahoes ass everyday for taking him in the first round!