Stuck in a time warp

I have been coming to the Stadium Wall for 10 years almost every day, and I have never seen it so slow! I show up and see "Donahoe is Satan" or "Favorite Beer" or "Wednesday Night" at the top day after day!

It's bad enough there's never any football talk anymore, much less Bills talk. How about some TH chatter? Or how about bringing back some "oldie but goodie" threads? Anyone for RJ vs. Flutie? How about Todd Collins vs. AVP? Throw me a bone, people!!

PTR

it's always this slow this time of year. This is the slowest time - as well it should be. Warmer weather, barbecues, taking care of the landscaping, etc... all good for the soul!

it's always this slow this time of year.  This is the slowest time - as well it should be.  Warmer weather, barbecues, taking care of the landscaping, etc...  all good for the soul!

337042[/snapback]

Right on. When the TBD home page came up, I thought maybe the article poster was taking the day off - nothing Bills-related in either the BuffNews or the D+C today? That's not possible, is it?

So I checked both their sites... the top story at the News was local high schooler Mary Saxer's national record in the pole vault, and the D+C led with Nazareth lacrosse. My apologies to the BillsBeat crew.

Like I said last week.... " it seems like everyone's just trying to fill time until there's something actually worth talking about."

last week's semi-sarcastic rant

Why should TSW be any different? But just to be nice, Promo, I will "throw you a bone"... (check the index shortly)

I have been coming to the Stadium Wall for 10 years almost every day, and I have never seen it so slow!  I show up and see "Donahoe is Satan" or "Favorite Beer" or "Wednesday Night" at the top day after day!

It's bad enough there's never any football talk anymore, much less Bills talk.  How about some TH chatter?  Or how about bringing back some "oldie but goodie" threads?  Anyone for RJ vs. Flutie?  How about Todd Collins vs. AVP?  Throw me a bone, people!!

PTR

337016[/snapback]

All the really good "oldie but goodie" threads are four servers removed. Not a dig, just a fact.

Video Games, Extreme sports and a $400.00 dollar family price tag on Sundays to attend a game has eliminated the knowledgable, hardcore fan. The drivel on TV shows and non sensical trivia will only get worse. The NFL will resemble Rollerball in a shorter time period than you think. I'm still amazed the kids on this board can't see the 3-13 J.P. disaster coming this year.

Put your hands on your hips...

I'm glad someone got it.

337063[/snapback]

Got it right away. I even have the DVD - GREAT for a Halloween party. :blink:

RiffRaff:

It's astounding;

Time is fleeting;

Madness takes its toll.

But listen closely...

Magenta:

Not for very much longer.

RiffRaff:

I've got to keep control.

I remember doing the time-warp

Drinking those moments when

The Blackness would hit me

RiffRaff:

And the void would be calling...

Transylvanians:

Let's do the time-warp again.

Narrator:

It's just a jump to the left.

All:

And then a step to the right.

Narrator:

With your hands on your hips.

All:

You bring your knees in tight.

But it's the pelvic thrust

That really drives you insane.

Magenta:

It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me.

So you can't see me, no, not at all.

In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention,

Well secluded, I see all.

RiffRaff:

With a bit of a mind flip

Magenta:

You're into the time slip.

RiffRaff:

And nothing can ever be the same.

Magenta:

You're spaced out on sensation.

RiffRaff:

Like you're under sedation.

All:

Columbia:

Well I was walking down the street just a-having a think

When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink.

He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise.

He had a pickup truck, and the devil's eyes.

He stared at me and I felt a change.

Time meant nothing, never would again.

All:

Narrator:

It's just a jump to the left.

All:

And then a step to the right.

Narrator:

With your hands on your hips.

All:

You bring your knees in tight.

But it's the pelvic thrust

That really drives you insane.

Video Games, Extreme sports and a $400.00 dollar family price tag on Sundays to attend a game has eliminated the knowledgable, hardcore fan.  The drivel on TV shows and non sensical trivia will only get worse.  The NFL will resemble Rollerball in a shorter time period than you think. I'm still amazed the kids on this board can't see the 3-13 J.P. disaster coming this year.

337207[/snapback]

Keep beating that dead horse. :blink:

I'm still amazed the kids on this board can't see the 3-13 J.P. disaster coming this year.

337207[/snapback]

If I could not at least START the football season feeling optimistic, I would walk away from the game. :blink: