Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

I had read some reviews in the past month, that this is one of the best shows for the entire family to watch. I saw it for the first time yesterday and did not expect to be brought to tears.

Sometimes you wonder what is happening to our society, but this show restores at least a little bit of hope and optimism.

I won't be missing any more episodes.

Bravo to ABC!

It has gotten good again. It was beginning to get a little stale but they've managed to find good, deserving families again.

Last night was a great show.

337328[/snapback]

Exactly...some of the "crises" that they were using as an excuse were a tad ridiculous.

I stopped watching the show.

IMO, this may be the best show on tv. Shows what we should be doing as a society. However, I do think that some of the bells and whistles are over the top. Just get the family back on its feet, not make it look like The Beverly Hillbillies.

I'm really looking forward to May 22, the show's season finale:

Army Pfc. Lori Piestewa was thrust into the national spotlight when she was killed in an ambush March 23, 2003, in Nasiriyah, Iraq. She was in the same convoy that several soldiers, including Jessica Lynch, were captured and held prisoner for a weeks.

The lesser-known story is that Piestewa left behind two young children, now 6- and 5-years-old, who are being raised by her parents in a trailer home in Tuba City, Ariz. While the Army and charitable donations will help defray future education and living expenses for Piestewa’s children, their grandparents’ home is inadequate to raise an active boy and girl, according to a press release from ABC. That’s where ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” television show and Shea Homes have joined forces to help.

The Piestewa family will be featured on the reality show which has become synonymous with giving people in need a fresh start. The show will build them a new home in Flagstaff, Ariz., southeast of the Hopi Reservation.

I love this show, I taped the one last night because my MIL happened to come over shortly after it started. I can't wait for the season finale. Keep up the great work ABC, Ty Pennington & the rest of the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition crew.

Those kida were sooooo adorable and well behaved I could have eaten them up. The shot with all of them brushing their teeth towards the end was the cutest....ya gotta love the Pooh Bear room and the cop room....my favorite was the play area with the apple tree with the height measurement board made from Mom down the middle and a large picture of Mom there in the area. The mother was gorgeous and I feel do bad for what happened to her. I also liked the large pics of the boys in Dad's room (their eyes in the pics)...that melted me.

Good job ABC....those are the types of families you need to rescue.....I have to admit some of the previous shows the families are not what I call worthy of a home makeover but the ones where there is a child or parent with special needs or a death of a spouse etc are the good shows.