Favorite Beer?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send me or other posters something first, to prove your character.

After all, Nature abhors a vaccuum... :D

335751[/snapback]

What beer would you want from Virginia? :doh:

The only think worth drinking from here is the red wines.

Dominion sucks IMHO. The whites , well I don't drink whites, but they are not very good also IMHO.

I can send you a 5 guys burger. ;)

for sheer drinkability, not much beats a crisp clean Molson Canadian.

but for special occasions, my two favorites are New York State's very own Ommegang Abbey Ale and Belgian import Corsendonk.

335717[/snapback]

Good man, nothing like drinking Molson Canadians while eating wings and weck all day.

Also, a close second would be Yuengling black and tan. Everyone outside of PA knows the lager. The Black and Tan is where it's at.

Sunday Morning Coming Down Lyrics

Well, I woke up Sunday morning

With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.

And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,

So I had one more for dessert.

Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes

And found my cleanest dirty shirt.

Then I washed my face and combed my hair

And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

I'd smoked my mind the night before

With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking.

But I lit my first and watched a small kid

Playing with a can that he was kicking.

Then I walked across the street

And caught the Sunday smell of someone frying chicken.

And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost

Somewhere, somehow along the way.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,

I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.

'Cause there's something in a Sunday

That makes a body feel alone.

And there's nothing short a' dying

That's half as lonesome as the sound

Of the sleeping city sidewalk

And Sunday morning coming down.

In the park I saw a daddy

With a laughing little girl that he was swinging.

And I stopped beside a Sunday school

And listened to the songs they were singing.

Then I headed down the street,

And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing,

And it echoed through the canyon

Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,

I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.

'Cause there's something in a Sunday

That makes a body feel alone.

And there's nothing short a' dying

That's half as lonesome as the sound

Of the sleeping city sidewalk

And Sunday morning coming down.

I like Pabst. Doesn't get the credit it deserves.

335770[/snapback]

It's a drinking man's beer...never lets you down...never complains about stuff not getting done...never asks you about project deadlines or where you've been for the last three hours.

Sounds like a commercial brother, i like it!

i will buy some tonight and drink it with a Phiilies Blunt while I watch my Boston Pork Butt smoke on the brick fireplace...

It's a drinking man's beer...never lets you down...never complains about stuff not getting done...never asks you about project deadlines or where you've been for the last three hours.

335796[/snapback]

What beer would you want from Virginia?  :D

Dominion sucks IMHO.  The whites , well I don't drink whites, but they are not very good also IMHO. 

I can send you a 5 guys burger.  :doh:

335774[/snapback]

I met the head brewer from St. George brewery down here in Raleigh last year. I'm not sure exactly where they are in Virginia, but they make some great beers.

335796[/snapback]

Yeah, if ever a beer screamed "blue collar" thats it. Whenever I order it out here, the bartender always give an approving look, like I made some wise choice or something. More than likely, they are just pleased to finally start selling it. But I like it and that's what counts.

Yeah, if ever a beer screamed "blue collar" thats it.  Whenever I order it out here, the bartender always give an approving look, like I made some wise choice or something. More than likely, they are just pleased to finally start selling it. But I like it and that's what counts.

335810[/snapback]

Me a couple buddies made a baseball trip to Millwaukee, former home of Pabst. The brewery is abandoned and fenced off...pretty sad. Miller bought it out and ran it out of town, we were told. It was a tough beer to get in that town. Anyway, a bartender in this joint near our hotel found a few in the basement and dusted'em off for us, and let us have them for free. We drank them warm, but we drank them with our heads held high.

Me a couple buddies made a baseball trip to Millwaukee, former home of Pabst.  The brewery is abandoned and fenced off...pretty sad.  Miller bought it out and ran it out of town, we were told.  It was a tough beer to get in that town.  Anyway, a bartender in this joint near our hotel found a few in the basement and dusted'em off for us, and let us have them for free.  We drank them warm, but we drank them with our heads held high.

335825[/snapback]

:D Great story! Yeah Miller runs Millwaukee. I was there 2 years ago. Everything is Miller and they even make some "special" Miller local beer. Beautiful stadium though. I had second row on third base and Millwaukee is a partytown. I had a blast, got wasted and ended up at Joe Panos diner eating gyros late night

Me a couple buddies made a baseball trip to Millwaukee, former home of Pabst.  The brewery is abandoned and fenced off...pretty sad.  Miller bought it out and ran it out of town, we were told.  It was a tough beer to get in that town.  Anyway, a bartender in this joint near our hotel found a few in the basement and dusted'em off for us, and let us have them for free.  We drank them warm, but we drank them with our heads held high.

335825[/snapback]

I'm saluting you right here at my desk. Of my favorites, Bitburger- you can't find that anywhere outside Germany really. Pacifico is great, but most bars have Corona, which is OK. Gunniness...I love, but poured properly, it takes a long time. I'm not patient. I haven't got that virtue. When I'm out, I like to throw them down quick. Real quick. Now Pabst, Pabst is like that old girlfriend we all had, the one we all think fondly of. She was good- not super hot, but she was the cool one. She's still around and always says yes when you need it and you are desperate. She is always there for you. That is Pabst.

What beer would you want from Virginia?  :D

Dominion sucks IMHO.  The whites , well I don't drink whites, but they are not very good also IMHO. 

I can send you a 5 guys burger.  :)

335774[/snapback]

Shaddup. You've ruined my fit of pique. :doh:;):lol:

:D Great story!  Yeah Miller runs Millwaukee.  I was there 2 years ago.  Everything is Miller and they even make some "special"  Miller local beer.  Beautiful stadium though.  I had second row on third base and Millwaukee is a partytown.  I had a blast, got wasted and ended up at Joe Panos diner eating gyros late night

335832[/snapback]

We were there a couple years ago, as well. A couple weeks after the big Harley celebration. We stayed at the Phister. Sat next to Doc Severenson down in the hotel lounge. I thought he was dead long ago, but there he was, a few feet away surrounded by a harem of mid-50s divorcees, dressed in his pinstiped suit and loud tie. The Diamondbacks were staying at the same hotel, and we got to talk to Bob Brenley in the lounge (what a shocker, huh?). That's a drinking town, for sure.