Biden's "Speech" Tonight

T&C

53 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So we agree that the divisiveness sucks.  Did our President do anything to change that last night or do you think he did a little flame fanning? I think you’re just a tad confused regarding who is running the divide and conquer campaign. 

🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In a twist that surprised no one who is a student of human nature, the man who mocks people of faith, religion and discussions of good v evil...

Drinks deeply at the majestic altar of Biden, replete with pageantry, fire, brimstone, the eternal struggle of good v evil, and the desperate fight for, as Pastor Joe calls it, the very Soul of the Nation.   :doh:

1628488938_TheWord.thumb.jpeg.7779819b7e6974bb3ec9799a4b836c16.jpeg

They say you can't make this *&^% up, truth is, you don't have to. 

Yeah this whole "soul" shtick is odd.  Let's be honest, this was a campaign speech with a great band.  Would have been a great 2024 nomination acceptance speech.

14 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I heard him say it in his speech. If true, why be so worried?  They will lose easily.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillStime said:

Just wait until your party takes away Social Security and Medicare…

You reap what you sow, precious

Can you help me with something in your article?

"Former Senator Phil Gramm came to the Senate, we were talking about our labor shortage, and one of his suggestions was to coax seniors that could reenter the workforce—don't charge them payroll tax," Johnson said in remarks first reported by the Heartland Signal. "They're not paying it anyway so if they want to get back and earn a few extra bucks, let them start working."

How exactly does this relate to ending social security?

7 hours ago, Buftex said:

Offering up a reminder to people that our country is worth saving... letting Republicans know that they don't need to be bullied into following Trump into the sewar.  There are plenty who claim that a sizable number of elected Republicans hold their nose, as they back all this MAGA crap, because they want to save their jobs, and they are afraid of the Trump base.  I wouldn't expect the MAGA faction of PPP to be impressed...but he wasn't talking to the people so far in the weeds. 

Trump is not Mitt Romney or John McCain, George Bush...he is a corrupt, petty, insecure, dishonest, dishonorable slob, who has somehow snookered a sizable (though there are indications, shrinking), that he is some sort of answer to all our problems.  I completely agree, the decisiveness sucks... but that is the whole MAGA thing...divide and conquer.  It isn't noble, and it isn't good. I get that it all sounds hyperbolic, but he is truly a threat to our country.  

Romney, the late John McCain, and Bush are all establishment hacks that do/did the bidding of the Empire but little to serve the interests of the American people.  As for Biden, his divisive speech was disgusting and inappropriate for a sitting President.  The optics were full-Nazi.  The tone dictatorial.  He's a disgrace to the office.  And his mental capacity should disqualify him from continuing in the office.  The thing I find ironic and comical here is how much howling and shrieking we'd be hearing if you staged the same spectacle and only change out Trump for Biden?  24/7 media blitz with calls demonstrations in the streets.  Full re-tard by the left.  

His good Republican, bad MAGA argument reminded me of times past of arguing with raging racists that would insist there are good Black people and bad Black people. The good one's being people that did what they were told and kept "out of trouble".  That was Biden's message to the so called "Ultra-MAGA".  And even though a good portion of MAGA is independent and disenfranchised Democrats, he warned them to be good Republicans or else.  But how about we get a "good" President first?  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Brueggs said:

If this thread is any indication, its more than half of the country.  

Almost everyone here is pretty much in agreeance, with the exception of about 3 posters who are constantly screaming from the rooftops.  The same three that take up whatever cause they are told to.  The same three that are incapable of acknowledging any shortcomings.  The same three that just keep turning up like a bad penny.  You guys should be furious at what they did to you.  But, instead, you continue to carry the torch and follow the pied piper to the river.

This thread indicates something about the country? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

You didn’t mind Trump insisting - for the first time ever - his signature being on the PPP checks, right?

That wasn’t political?

Now what? I have to hand it to you. This latest point has even less to do with the topic we were discussing than your usual diversions. My point remains. I’d be interested in having a discussion about whether a President can use the presidential podium, with military backdrop to make personal attacks on a US citizen that quite possibly could be his opponent in the next election. I don’t think he can. 

54 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Now what? I have to hand it to you. This latest point has even less to do with the topic we were discussing than your usual diversions. My point remains. I’d be interested in having a discussion about whether a President can use the presidential podium, with military backdrop to make personal attacks on a US citizen that quite possibly could be his opponent in the next election. I don’t think he can. 

How’s retirement?  🙄

9 hours ago, Buftex said:

Yes, I am sure that the middle-aged bigots that comprise the bulk of PPP are representative of the majority of the country.  

Maybe, maybe not.  If you listen to the bought and paid for media, I can see how you might be misinformed or led to believe what is popular opinion.

Why are you projecting your bigotry onto a large group of people?  I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but the powers that be use bigotry, and many other things, as a tool to divide people.  You are contributing to exactly what you are offended by.  By projecting bigotry, you are sidestepping the actual issue and trying to make it about something its not.

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Maybe, maybe not.  If you listen to the bought and paid for media, I can see how you might be misinformed or led to believe what is popular opinion.

Why are you projecting your bigotry onto a large group of people?  I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but the powers that be use bigotry, and many other things, as a tool to divide people.  You are contributing to exactly what you are offended by.  By projecting bigotry, you are sidestepping the actual issue and trying to make it about something its not.

I only watch NewsMax, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Hoax. 

9 hours ago, Buftex said:

Offering up a reminder to people that our country is worth saving... letting Republicans know that they don't need to be bullied into following Trump into the sewar.  There are plenty who claim that a sizable number of elected Republicans hold their nose, as they back all this MAGA crap, because they want to save their jobs, and they are afraid of the Trump base.  I wouldn't expect the MAGA faction of PPP to be impressed...but he wasn't talking to the people so far in the weeds. 

Trump is not Mitt Romney or John McCain, George Bush...he is a corrupt, petty, insecure, dishonest, dishonorable slob, who has somehow snookered a sizable (though there are indications, shrinking), that he is some sort of answer to all our problems.  I completely agree, the decisiveness sucks... but that is the whole MAGA thing...divide and conquer.  It isn't noble, and it isn't good. I get that it all sounds hyperbolic, but he is truly a threat to our country.  

I agree with your first sentence. Your saying Republicans don't need to be bullied into following Trump.  I agree also. 

But....don't you think Democrats are bullied into following their party leaders?  Our politics have gotten so corrupt, on all sides, that if someone doesn't comply with the establishment, they will be ousted.  That is exactly what happened to Trump.  He pointed out the corruption, and the establishment (which the MSM is a part of), went after him 24/7.  You can hate Trump, and there are plenty of plausible reasons for that, but the establishment keeps pointing at him so people stop looking at them.  Trump made it easy for them to do that.

Just now, Brueggs said:

I agree with your first sentence. Your saying Republicans don't need to be bullied into following Trump.  I agree also. 

But....don't you think Democrats are bullied into following their party leaders?  Our politics have gotten so corrupt, on all sides, that if someone doesn't comply with the establishment, they will be ousted.  That is exactly what happened to Trump.  He pointed out the corruption, and the establishment (which the MSM is a part of), went after him 24/7.  You can hate Trump, and there are plenty of plausible reasons for that, but the establishment keeps pointing at him so people stop looking at them.  Trump made it easy for them to do that.

Trump is a criminal, pure and simple 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I don't know if you are aware of this, but its not all about Trump...

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden is a criminal, yet you seem to be perfectly fine with that.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

I don't know if you are aware of this, but its not all about Trump...

Biden is a criminal, yet you seem to be perfectly fine with that.  

No, Biden is a good man. Trump is the criminal 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Exactly what criminal activity is he guilty of? 

Stealing nuclear secrets?

Hurting your feeling? 

Why do you have to ask? Do you not understand the issues involved? Stop relaying on feelings and use facts, etc. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why do you have to ask? Do you not understand the issues involved? Stop relaying on feelings and use facts, etc. 

Facts say he's walking around a free man NOT in jail 

So I ask again, what criminal activity have you found him guilty of? 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why aren't they in jail?

One has agencies covering up for him and the other has agencies fabricating against him.  

9 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Facts say he's walking around a free man NOT in jail 

So I ask again, what criminal activity have you found him guilty of? 

I'm pretty sure its mean tweets and hurting his feelings, but there may be more...