question about Rochester

Webster - 14580

Penfield - 14526

Fairport - 14450

Pittsford - 14534

Irondequiot - 14617 or 14622 or 14621 (use Rochester)

Others:

Hilton - 14468

Brockport - 14420

Spencerport - 14559

Henrietta - 14467

Greece - 14612, 15, 16, 26

Others you could look for are Mendon, Rush, Scottsville

Hope this helps!

335012[/snapback]

I assume you mean 14606. :wub:

Two that haven't been mentioned are 14610 and 14618. 14610 is most of Brighton, while 14618 includes some of east Brighton and some parts of Pittsford, including the part near St. John Fisher and Oak Hill (where I live). Also 14625 encompasses the Panorama/Indian Landing area of western Penfield.

All of the "146" zip codes have a Rochester mailing address. Which makes for some confusion in our case: though we live in the town and school district of Pittsford, our mailing address is Rochester, and our post office is in Brighton (at Loehmann's Plaza on Clinton by Westfall). And I can count at least five post offices (East Rochester, Pittsford, Penfield 14625, Brighton 14610, and Fairport) that are closer to us than the one which actually delivers our mail.

And a friend of mine lives on Smith Road in the town of Mendon with a 14534 (Pittsford) mailing address ... in the Honeoye Falls-Lima school district. ;)

I assume you mean 14606.  :wub:

Two that haven't been mentioned are 14610 and 14618.  14610 is most of Brighton, while 14618 includes some of east Brighton and some parts of Pittsford, including the part near St. John Fisher and Oak Hill (where I live).  Also 14625 encompasses the Panorama/Indian Landing area of western Penfield. 

All of the "146" zip codes have a Rochester mailing address.  Which makes for some confusion in our case:  our mailing address is Rochester, our post office is in Brighton (at Loehmann's Plaza on Clinton by Westfall) and our school district is Pittsford.

And a friend of mine lives on Smith Road in the town of Mendon with a 14534 (Pittsford) mailing address ... in the Honeoye Falls-Lima school district.  ;)

335043[/snapback]

The whole area is bizarre. My parents live on two town lines. Across the street is Livonia. The lot on their left is Avon. My parent's address is South Lima. When I was a junior they were going to redraw the lines and put us in the Avon School District, which is 10 miles away, instead of letting us go to Livonia, which is about 3. Thankfully it didn't happen.

Webster - 14580

Penfield - 14526

Fairport - 14450

Pittsford - 14534

Irondequiot - 14617 or 14622 or 14621 (use Rochester)

Others:

Hilton - 14468

Brockport - 14420

Spencerport - 14559

Henrietta - 14467

Greece - 14612, 15, 16, 26

Others you could look for are Mendon, Rush, Scottsville

Hope this helps!

335009[/snapback]

Webster, Penfield, Mendon, Honeoye Falls, Pittsford and Brighton are all money suburbs, and all east of the Genessee River. (An important distinction at one time to the Rochester blue bloods!)

West of the river, parts of Greece, Spencerport, and Hilton are nice, but do not have the panache of Pittsford, et. al.

Gates, Hennrietta, Irondequoit, and East Rochester are all middle to lower class places. Not bad towns, but they have bad spots, and overall they are a rung or two below the others.

PTR

The whole area is bizarre.  My parents live on two town lines.  Across the street is Livonia.  The lot on their left is Avon.  My parent's address is South Lima.  When I was a junior they were going to redraw the lines and put us in the Avon School District, which is 10 miles away, instead of letting us go to Livonia, which is about 3.  Thankfully it didn't happen.

335051[/snapback]

Yep, another example, friends I went to High School with in Webster; lived in Penfield, Webster Zip code, Webster Schools, West Webster Fire Department and Village of Webster Water (I think it's county of Monroe water now), but again Penfield zoning.

Tater...Looking to move from the nickle city????

Yep, another example, friends I went to High School with in Webster; lived in Penfield, Webster Zip code, Webster Schools, West Webster Fire Department and Village of Webster Water (I think it's county of Monroe water now), but again  Penfield zoning.

Tater...Looking to move from the nickle city????

335176[/snapback]

No we are doing a string of seminars for our biz and want to do a few in Rachacha..thanks for the help everyone

Wendy O Williams of the Plasmatics was born in Rochester.  That has nothing to do with anything in this thread, but it's a nice bit of trivia.

335193[/snapback]

Believe it or not, her parents owned the cottage next to ours on Conesus Lake. She was a hoot - though much older than me.

The whole area is bizarre.  My parents live on two town lines.  Across the street is Livonia.  The lot on their left is Avon.  My parent's address is South Lima.  When I was a junior they were going to redraw the lines and put us in the Avon School District, which is 10 miles away, instead of letting us go to Livonia, which is about 3.  Thankfully it didn't happen.

335051[/snapback]

Hey, AD.....Your family doesn't happen to know the Flansburgs of Lima, do they? I lived in Mendon for ten years but went to Honeoye Falls-Lima HS. I have several friends from Lima. I think the Flansburgs have been there for a good while, though.

Wendy O Williams of the Plasmatics was born in Rochester.  That has nothing to do with anything in this thread, but it's a nice bit of trivia.

335193[/snapback]

My uncle new her back in the day. Sad that she took her own life.

Hey, AD.....Your family doesn't happen to know the Flansburgs of Lima, do they? I lived in Mendon for ten years but went to Honeoye Falls-Lima HS. I have several friends from Lima. I think the Flansburgs have been there for a good while, though.

335221[/snapback]

Not that I'm aware of. South Lima is a little burg. The only time we ever went to Lima was when my dad played golf.

Yep, another example, friends I went to High School with in Webster; lived in Penfield, Webster Zip code, Webster Schools, West Webster Fire Department and Village of Webster Water (I think it's county of Monroe water now), but again  Penfield zoning.

335176[/snapback]

Yep and because they lived in the town of Penfield, they had to play Little League in Penfield. Every year, we always had one or two guys on our team that nobody knew because they went to Webster schools.

Believe it or not, her parents owned the cottage next to ours on Conesus Lake.  She was a hoot - though much older than me.

335211[/snapback]

Wow. I used to bowl at the Conesus Lanes while I was briefly...ahem...enrolled at SUNY Geneseo. That was back in '85. I wonder if that joint is still around. We were in the rec league. You would bowl your frame, then run out to the car in your socks and pound beers until it was your turn to bowl again, then you would run back inside. I lasted one semester at that school, but stuck around for two years.

Webster, Penfield, Mendon, Honeoye Falls, Pittsford and Brighton are all money suburbs, and all east of the Genessee River. (An important distinction at one time to the Rochester blue bloods!)

West of the river, parts of Greece, Spencerport, and Hilton are nice, but do not have the panache of Pittsford, et. al.

Gates, Hennrietta, Irondequoit, and East Rochester are all middle to lower class places.  Not bad towns, but they have bad spots, and overall they are a rung or two below the others.

PTR

335057[/snapback]

No one mentioned 14609, my Irondequoit zip code.

This post really cracks me up! Does panache mean, "my nose points to the moon"? :doh: I love it.

The press does not help. One year the D&C made big news when a gun was discharged into a ceiling at an East Irondequoit school dance. They failed to follow up that the person with the gun was from Webster, "Where Life is Worth Living".

My daughter was at a cheerleading competition in Brighton, and when she went in the ladies room, the Brighton girls were doing lines of coke.

Fairport (how could you forget them, sob?) parents wear "real fans wear red" shirts and jeer at other schools during sports competitions.

My point, every place has bad spots. Don't go there! ;) Does Irondeqouit have good and bad aspects? Of course. What town does not?

Your post reminds me of the Kinks "Well Respected Man". :D