The new XBOX

Yeah, so i am a big loser... but if they are in as high a demand as i hope, i will ebay a bunch and pay for my first semester of law school.

334763[/snapback]

well, at least you didn't drive across the state line in the middle of the night to obtain a copy of an album you already had...

linky

:D

Regarding the "think Madden" comment -- Madden has a .000001% chance of ever finding itself playing inside my XBox360.  EA is a crap company that mostly makes crap games.  I had to buy Tiger Woods PGA to have a golf game for the PSP and the ridiculously poor optimization by EA means 5 minutes of golfing is accompanied by 30 minutes of loading time to play 9 holes against a computer opponent.  EA generally believes in making a subpar product and convincing consumers through a marketing blitz that they are cutting edge.  The NFL exclusivity agreement will bring a dearth of innovation in football computer gaming for the next 5 years.  That is unless you think being able to select the vendors and menus for your stadium in Madden 2010 will be a major breakthrough.

335104[/snapback]

I play MVP Baseball 2005 nightly. I absolutely love the game and loved the 2004 version. I've tried the other baseball games and they don't hold a candle to MVP Baseball.

So as far as producing crap games I disagree.

Because most gamers = blind sheep.  It's all about marketing with EA.  When they put their marketing muscle behind a game it sells like hotcakes regardless of quality.  The best game EA has published this year is Oddworld Stranger for the XBox.  Arguably it is one of the top 2-3 XBox titles so far this year.  (Note that EA only published this game, I'm convinced it turned out so well because they had nothing to do with the development.)  Anyway, they gave this game zero marketing effort and so it sold like crap.  When they released an absolutely pitiful spinoff on GoldenEye, they marketed and sold the heck out of it.  So again, with EA sales have little to do with quality and much to do with marketing because they know as well as I do that most gamers = blind sheep.

335248[/snapback]

So, lets get this right here. If you think the game sucks but I like it I'm a blind sheep?

Must be that only "elite" gamers are not the blind sheep. :D

I play MVP Baseball 2005 nightly. I absolutely love the game and loved the 2004 version. I've tried the other baseball games and they don't hold a candle to MVP Baseball.

335688[/snapback]

I just got the game recently, what a great game. Im still learning how to play it though and I have a tough time hitting on All Star level I get smoked!!! :D:doh:

335688[/snapback]

I have that too; it's a great game.

I've never had a bad time playing any version of Madden but I do wonder if they get complacent from time to time. Like I've said in other threads, I don't get why they can't beef up features like Create-A-Team when they're wasting all this energy on setting hot dog prices (booooooooring).

I just got the game recently, what a great game. Im still learning how to play it though and I have a tough time hitting on All Star level I get smoked!!!  :D  :doh:

335704[/snapback]

I've been playing for a couple years and still don't play on all star level. MVP level is much more reasonable.

I go back and forth between playing online and in Owner and Franchise mode.

Supposedly this is going to be the last year they make it because of the MLBPA giving rights to one of the other games.

I have that too; it's a great game.

I've never had a bad time playing any version of Madden but I do wonder if they get complacent from time to time.  Like I've said in other threads, I don't get why they can't beef up features like Create-A-Team when they're wasting all this energy on setting hot dog prices (booooooooring).

335707[/snapback]

I got bored with Madden about a month in because they messed with the online game. No fatigue plus everyone was using the out pattern glitch and 4 WR sets...it just got lame.

Now, playing against the computer I still enjoy from time to time...but personally I think most sports games are more fun when you can play against someone else.

335688[/snapback]

MVP Baseball is a perfect example of EA's approach to gaming. Triple Play was their baseball franchise until last year. After getting such a bad name for being the same game year after year, they finally had to put forward a decent effort to save face. MLB 2K just blew them away with 2K4. So they changed the franchise name to MVP and gave it a significant facelift. But being typical EA, if it weren't for the MLB exclusivity agreement with 2KGames, MVP three years from now would be bascally the same game. Madden won't have a 2K competitor to push them. Cripes, just look at the comparison between Madden and NBA2K6 from last nights show. Madden was a linear progression to the next generation, NBA2K6 was jaw dropping.