One day and night in Buffalo.

NewEra

What should we do?  Any recommendations?   It’ll be my wife’s first time downtown Buffalo and I wanted to show her a nice time before my mother moves in with us.  I haven’t been in the city since 2015.  We’ll be staying on Pearl st on Tuesday.

Go down to the Inner Harbor, near Keybank Center. They've done quite a bit of renovation down there. Really relaxing spot. More for a daytime activity. Pearl St Grill is a nice food option. In the Seneca Tower, they have the bar from the Bada Bing/Sorprano's in their lobby, and you can sit and have a drink at said bar. 

As for nightlife, sadly nothing much to think of. Chippewa is for the early 20 something crowd. 

Maybe Gabriel's Gate for wings, but Allen St is closed as they are completely renovating the street and sidewalks. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Stay at the Curtis downtown.  Go out and explore it’s a great food scene in Buffalo.   

the American side falls are beautiful if you have the time. 

Gabriel’s gate is fun and a great flavor of the towns history.   Some great bars and restaurants if your near Williamsville instead of downtown.  

aomw nice historic home tours etc too. 
just one day explore thw city

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sorry for not replying til now.

We’re staying at the Lafayette, my best friend is related to the owners. Fine people I must add. 

We’ll likely walk down to the Inner Harbor and check out the sites.  Indulge in some adult beverages and see which eateries we stumble upon.  Gabriel’s Gate 1.7 miles from the hotel.  They have great wings?  We both have a high heat threshold, are “hot” hot?  

Is the suicide still a Buffalo sauce type flavor but hotter?  Can’t stand when the suicide wings are just burning hot peppers but lacking in flavor.

thanks for the recommendations, can’t wait. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry for not replying til now.

We’re staying at the Lafayette, my best friend is related to the owners. Fine people I must add. 

We’ll likely walk down to the Inner Harbor and check out the sites.  Indulge in some adult beverages and see which eateries we stumble upon.  Gabriel’s Gate 1.7 miles from the hotel.  They have great wings?  We both have a high heat threshold, are “hot” hot?  

Is the suicide still a Buffalo sauce type flavor but hotter?  Can’t stand when the suicide wings are just burning hot peppers but lacking in flavor.

thanks for the recommendations, can’t wait. 

Downtown in the old first ward is resurgence brewery and Hartmans distillery on Chicago street 

two hip places for drinks and some food 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Downtown in the old first ward is resurgence brewery and Hartmans distillery on Chicago street 

I’m afraid they wouldn’t let me in.  😪

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They wouldn’t let me in either 😭

I told him where it was, And that it was hip… Not that they let me partake 😂

We went to a fancy steakhouse in Atlanta (Kevin Rathbun Steak for the locals) right on the very hip Beltline. The place right across the Beltline was a cool bar where people our kids age put picnic blankets out back and played corn hole while sipping fancy drinks.  We wanted to check it out after dinner, but the wife and I thought there might be a bouncer to keep US OUT! We checked it out discreetly, then slipped away. As it should be. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m afraid they wouldn’t let me in.  😪

I've been to both places. If they let ME in, most certainly they would let you in. 

The courtyard in between Resurgence and the distillery is nice. You can have your drinks/food at one of their picnic tables (if a party of middle aged men and women don't take up 3 tables, like my friends and I did the last time we were there). 

Edited by Draconator
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I've been to both places. If they let ME in, most certainly they would let you in. 

The courtyard in between Resurgence and the distillery is nice. You can have your drinks/food at one of their picnic tables (if a party of middle aged men and women don't take up 3 tables, like my friends and I did the last time we were there). 

That sounds like a plan.  Hopefully the weather permits. Supposed to get rain tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

2 cool places. Get a ride there

Edited by MarkyMannn

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.