we already have 2 LBs in the Pro Bowl

he'll eat up alot of cap space

but...

but...

but...

i've heard of him!!!

get 'er done TD!

334252[/snapback]

Hey I wouldn't complain if TD signed him, but like you say ain't happennin' because of cap space and Posey is a decent player.

Boulware is an exceptional talent and is tough as nails but turf toe isn't an easy injury to come back from.  It cost Jack Lambert his career.

If he came cheap, I say sign him.  When healthy he's 10 times the player Posey is.

334258[/snapback]

I have more faith in the doctors now than when Jack Lambert played. Think about Willis's comeback. Also Rosevelt Colvin broke his hip a couple of seasons ago and seems to be doing ok I believe a broken hip is what cost Bo Jackson his career. I should add Lamber retired the year I was born.

Boulware is an exceptional talent and is tough as nails but turf toe isn't an easy injury to come back from.  It cost Jack Lambert his career.

If he came cheap, I say sign him.  When healthy he's 10 times the player Posey is.

334258[/snapback]

I'll 2nd that...

I have no idea how bad the Injury still is...Can't imagine the Ravens cutting a healthy Boulware...But even as a situational Pass Rusher I'd love to see PB get a look in Buffalo...

Doubt it happens though... ;)

I think that's what Deion Sanders had...but I have no idea how it affects your body.

Why bother with Boleware. He'd be last years version of that guy from Pittsburgh who got cut in training camp. No need in wasting 500K.

No way. Tie up even more money at the LB position? We're set at LB, and there's no reason to spend the kind of money it would take to sign him at LB. It just doesn't make sense.

Why tie up more money? Because you can never have enough linebackers (see NE Patriots). Because our depth is pretty much unproven. Because Pro Bowl guys who can rush the passer from this position can be counted on one hand with fingers left over.

Like I said, if Boulware would play for the minimum and can pass a physical, I'd sign him right now. You can't teach what he can do when he's healthy.

Who are you going to sign for $500K who could have the effect of Peter Boulware?

Why tie up more money?  Because you can never have enough linebackers (see NE Patriots).  Because our depth is pretty much unproven.  Because Pro Bowl guys who can rush the passer from this position can be counted on one hand with fingers left over. 

Like I said, if Boulware would play for the minimum and can pass a physical, I'd sign him right now.  You can't teach what he can do when he's healthy.

Who are you going to sign for $500K who could have the effect of Peter Boulware?

334552[/snapback]

If he can be had for less than 1.5 million I say find the money and sign him, if he can pass a physical. This is a great team player and will play within a system, does his job great. He is a huge upgrade over Posey and is far better then any of our "lack of depth" guys.

What exactly is turf toe?

334498[/snapback]

Not exactly sure but being an athlete I can venture an educated guess. I've stubbed my toe or jammed it and after doing this it caused great pain when trying to walk much less run. The injury lasts for weeks and just when you think you're feeling better and you are able to walk normally again you try to run and realize that it's not healed yet and you have to start from scratch.

Like I said, if Boulware would play for the minimum and can pass a physical, I'd sign him right now. 

334552[/snapback]

He was due to make 6 Mil this year and refused to reduce his salary to return to the Ravens. He won't play for the minimum. Bad knee injury a year ago and then surgery on his toe in December. This guy needs to be checked out thoroughly.

Incentive laden deal, based on performance, is probably better. Yet I'm guessing that idea was already shot down by his agent in talks with the Ravens.

He was due to make 6 Mil this year and refused to reduce his salary to return to the Ravens. He won't play for the minimum. Bad knee injury a year ago and then surgery on his toe in December. This guy needs to be checked out thoroughly.

Incentive laden deal, based on performance, is probably better. Yet I'm guessing that idea was already shot down by his agent in talks with the Ravens.

334570[/snapback]

Which is why I don't expect to see him in Buffalo.

i don't think boulware will command the price tag that many here seem to be throwing around -- chad brown (a comparable talent) got 4M over 2 years with 1.5M up front.......i think boulware will settle for similar dollars, with a slight upgrade possible do to his age.......

that being said, i don't think he's worth it to the bills........

1) posey isn't going anywhere with his contract (1.75M signing bonus, meaning the cap saving to cut him is only 400K) and either posey or boulware would make for an expensive backup........neither would have much value on special teams

2) the 3rd LB in buffalo is a very limited role and the player only sees about 1/2 the snaps at best........takeo and fletch see the majority of work in nickel and dime situations.......they also are both adequate as pass rushers, which doesn't leave much of an opportunity for boulware to do what he does best

Um.. there is no chance in the world that we sign Boulware. I can't fathom him playing for the minimum as some on this post have suggested. Boulware wants to be put in as the #1 or possibly #2 linebacker. He didn't go back to the Ravens because he would have been #3 behind Lewis and Suggs.

He will be in a similar situation here behind LF and TKO. No way he plays for us. Not gonna happen.