The most and least promising changes in the team:

What change in the team between last year and this year has you most worried and most excited?

For me, the biggest change that really worries me is the loss of Pat Williams. On the field and in the locker room, I think he was invaluable. He is the kind of player you hope to get and hate to lose.

The change that has me most excited is that Lee Evans is now a veteran and will be starting from day one. A close second would be Willis being totally healed and thoroughly familiar with the offense. Yeah, the JP thing is obviously huge but I think there is almost as much to worry about as to be excited about. Evans is a human torch, I think we may have a Mavin Harrison clone on our hands. Willis is going to be good but I find a streaking Lofton-like blur of a WR more exciting than a good stiff arm. Not by much though, not by much.

I agree with you on the loss of Pat Williams.

I am most excited about probably this being MM's second season. I think Offense is far more complex than defense so I think this year people will not have to be learning a new system and terminology, so unless JP starts out slow I do not expect the same slow start as last season. If this team plays ALL season like it did on the playoff run LOOKOUT.

Guest BackInDaDay

Promising: Athletic QB, upgraded O skill positions, interior O line, and ST personnel.

Discouraging: Down-graded LT, possible down-grade to interior D line, thin LB corp, poor PK.

Guest BackInDaDay
I agree with you on the loss of Pat Williams.

I am most excited about probably this being MM's second season. I think Offense is far more complex than defense so I think this year people will not have to be learning a new system and terminology, so unless JP starts out slow I do not expect the same slow start as last season. If this team plays ALL season like it did on the playoff run LOOKOUT.

334203[/snapback]

Oh, and the very important point made above... this team responded very well to it's coaching staff after sufferring a very poor start. That's huge!