Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

A Grand Jury in South Carolina wouldn't even indict her.  What makes you more knowledgeable than the Grand Jury?

Because I read the facts of the story?

Thats what happened. 

She miscarried, but birthed a live baby and let it die, despite 911 operators instructing her to take the baby out of the water to try and give it medical aid when medics arrived. 

She was likely cleared because it’s a tragic situation and I’m sure she panicked.  I don’t know that I, a pro-lifer, would necessarily indict on this either. 

She denies taking abortion medicine, but that seems murky. 

Regardless .. to weaponize this story without context is gross.   And democrats would be wise to not jump on any random story they come across from a strict abortion state. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thats what happened. 

She miscarried, but birthed a live baby and let it die, despite 911 operators instructing her to take the baby out of the water to try and give it medical aid when medics arrived. 

She was likely cleared because it’s a tragic situation and I’m sure she panicked.  I don’t know that I, a pro-lifer, would necessarily indict on this either. 

Regardless .. to weaponize this story without context is gross.   And democrats would be wise to not jump on any random story they come across from a strict abortion state. 

Bold to assume democrats are wise.......

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thats what happened. 

It is a legitimate issue to raise.  She wasn't indicted but did spend time in jail and needed a lawyer.  I'm guessing that most women think they shouldn't be concerned with the legal ramifications of a miscarriage.

14 minutes ago, Scraps said:

It is a legitimate issue to raise.  She wasn't indicted but did spend time in jail and needed a lawyer.  I'm guessing that most women think they shouldn't be concerned with the legal ramifications of a miscarriage.

Are we in the process here of changing the definition of a miscarriage? I think this is a a very important distinction.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

You've answered my question. Thx

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I have written about this in the past.  Sadly in my 45 year career as a nurse I have been present at far too many miscarriages.

To the point where i have held the 10 - 15 week old baby in my hands.

The definition of a miscarriage is the expulsion of a baby from the womb before it is able to survive independently, especially spontaneously or as the result of accident.

That is it..

What Scrappy Doo and the Leftist gang have always argued is that "a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion" 

As if that is the equivalent of the chosen act of a medical procedure to end a woman's pregnancy.

They WON'T be persuaded otherwise so I just ignore their pigheadedness.

By the way, ask the poor girl who has suffered the tragedy of a miscarriage whether it was a baby or a 'fetus'.