Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

Pro-Life Laws Didn't Kill Amber Thurman, the Abortion Industry Did

1e179a71-6d2d-4262-944e-0571d0624786-105

We're less than seven weeks out from election day, so you all might want to steel yourselves for the inevitable rhetoric around abortion that's guaranteed to come your way. Courtesy of the Democrats, of course, whose agenda and messaging have for years centered on "abortion rights" and "reproductive health." It's their thing; they are ghouls who think they're championing women.

The thing is, the pro-abortion cabal are extremely anti-woman. 

Take the very sad case of Amber Thurman, a woman from Georgia who died in 2022 after suffering complications from the abortion pills she was given by a "reproductive health" facility. The first pill, mifepristone, was given to Thurman at a clinic in North Carolina; she was given the second pill, misoprostol, to take at home. Within a few days of taking the second pill, Thurman went to a local hospital seeking treatment for a number of issues, including bleeding, vomiting up blood, fainting spells, a high white blood cell count, and low blood pressure.

Amber Thurman became campaign fodder after the leftist "investigative journalism" site ProPublica published a story on her last week, and Democrats like Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, and Kamala Harris have been exploiting and grossly misrepresenting Thurman's death this week. You notice how Democrats never care about women dying from botched abortions until it makes for convenient campaign material?

The left is trying desperately to spin the story as the first abortion-related death following the reversal of Roe v. Wade. They are lying, of course. Abortionists set the sad chain of events in motion, and inadequate health care failed to fix the destruction brought on by the abortion pills in time to save Thurman.

The American Association of Pro Life OBGYNs (AAPLOG) tweeted a very detailed explanation of what actually happened to Amber Thurman, laying out how it all could have been avoided and how pro-life state laws did not prevent her from getting adequate medical care. 

It's worth a look if you're on X, but here are some key takeaways:

• Amber presented with probable endometritis due to incomplete abortion with probable sepsis
  • The standard care for treatment in this case is immediate antibiotics and a D&C
  • Antibiotics weren't given until Amber had been at the hospital over three hours
  • The D&C wasn't performed until the next day; Amber died on the operating table
  • Georgia law does not criminalize doing a D&C, especially when there is a lack of a fetal heartbeat

It's important to note that the left is lying through their teeth when they claim the D&C delay was due to the hospital staff not knowing if performing a D&C was legal or not.

The AAPLOG described the Amber Thurman case as "one of the most clearcut cases of medical malpractice" they have ever seen.

https://redstate.com/terichristoph/2024/09/18/pro-life-laws-didnt-kill-amber-thurman-the-abortion-industry-did-n2179457

So, keep pushing your lies, you are only hurting yourselves.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

That's a weak ass astraman  to discredit any opinion but the one you got from the one story in a partisan and for profit site. 

Are you a licensed physician?  Are you a lawyer licensed by a state bar?  You haven't offered any reasoned argument to dispute the ProPublica article so why should I give your unsubstantiated opinion any weight?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

So there's nothing else women can do to prevent pregnancy other than abortion? God you're insufferable.

Not what I said at all. I said you're happy to have control over "women" but not to let anyone have control over you. 

P.S. Women  already are doing their part in the not getting pregnant thing by staying far away from you, but still doesn't mean you get out of that vasectomy chief.

23 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Not what I said at all. I said you're happy to have control over "women" but not to let anyone have control over you. 

P.S. Women  already are doing their part in the not getting pregnant thing by staying far away from you, but still doesn't mean you get out of that vasectomy chief.

Baby thrashing in the womb as it endures a 3 day process to kill it and you decided this is the response needed. 

I don’t want to control women.. I think we can reach a compromise that protects the right to abortion (as sick as I think it is), along with protecting an innocent life when it is developed enough to feel pain.  

Discourse over this topic simply leads me to believe that ardent pro-choice advocates are mentally unwell and have a barbaric nature to them that should be called out and shamed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Baby thrashing in the womb as it endures a 3 day process to kill it and you decided this is the response needed. 

I don’t want to control women.. I think we can reach a compromise that protects the right to abortion (as sick as I think it is), along with protecting an innocent life when it is developed enough to feel pain.  

Discourse over this topic simply leads me to believe that ardent pro-choice advocates are mentally unwell and have a barbaric nature to them that should be called out and shamed. 

I’m glad you feel so free to decide how other people are.

Women dying in cars because they can’t get care seems more barbaric to me. Women afraid because they might not be able to get care. Women afraid because the government wants to limit their travel, and track their periods seems barbaric. But you know when you are happy telling women how they should act with their bodies I guess it’s a short trip to claiming anyone who thinks different than you is barbaric or worse.

don't want an abortion don’t get one (or pay for one). I hope for your sake that a woman who is import to you doesn’t have to make this difficult. No one I know wants to create undo suffering. Then again I don’t know anyone on this board personally.

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

Total 🤡. Abortion is murder and is wrong. How hard is it to not have people ***** in you? How bout a little personal responsibility?

25 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I’m glad you feel so free to decide how other people are.

Women dying in cars because they can’t get care seems more barbaric to me. Women afraid because they might not be able to get care. Women afraid because the government wants to limit their travel, and track their periods seems barbaric. But you know when you are happy telling women how they should act with their bodies I guess it’s a short trip to claiming anyone who thinks different than you is barbaric or worse.

don't want an abortion don’t get one (or pay for one). I hope for your sake that a woman who is import to you doesn’t have to make this difficult. No one I know wants to create undo suffering. Then again I don’t know anyone on this board personally.

I always thought the saying don’t want an abortion don’t get one is as ridiculous as saying don’t want to have a slavery don’t  own any 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Total 🤡. Abortion is murder and is wrong. How hard is it to not have people ***** in you? How bout a little personal responsibility?

They let you post on here still, how about you have a little personal reasonability and stop. P.S. just because you can't get laid doesn't mean that is personal responsablity. Also no one said abortion was birth control. stop trying to blame the woman or demanding she behave in a way that please you.

1 hour ago, Commsvet11 said:

I always thought the saying don’t want an abortion don’t get one is as ridiculous as saying don’t want to have a slavery don’t  own any 

Good for you. totally backwards but good for you.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

1. a fetus is in the womb. 2 a baby is after a fetus is born. 3. Why is the woman having a late term abortion? would she die if not? would the fetus be viable, how many years or months or weeks or days would it have to suffer if it was born. Focus on what you want, but I believe the mother, the woman, is going to suffer more than you ever will for having to make that decision and doubt she makes it lightly. 4. I hope no-one ever needs to rely on you to take care of them. 

And you guys are all real quick to make decisions for others. all you free market, free speech, capitalist, libertarians. 

• Vomit 1

16 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

They let you post on here still, how about you have a little personal reasonability and stop. P.S. just because you can't get laid doesn't mean that is personal responsablity. Also no one said abortion was birth control. stop trying to blame the woman or demanding she behave in a way that please you.

Good for you. totally backwards but good for you.

1. a fetus is in the womb. 2 a baby is after a fetus is born. 3. Why is the woman having a late term abortion? would she die if not? would the fetus be viable, how many years or months or weeks or days would it have to suffer if it was born. Focus on what you want, but I believe the mother, the woman, is going to suffer more than you ever will for having to make that decision and doubt she makes it lightly. 4. I hope no-one ever needs to rely on you to take care of them. 

And you guys are all real quick to make decisions for others. all you free market, free speech, capitalist, libertarians. 

I got laid last week. GFY!!!

26 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Also no one said abortion was birth control. 

Thanks for displaying your ignorance on this important subject.

And for your hypocrisy towards the hundreds of millions who know that it is a baby in the womb. You keep talking about 'control' but what you mean is everyone should be forced to follow what you believe.