Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

She was already going in organ failure when she went to the ED.  The D&C wasn't going to save her life.

I was talking about them blaming her publicly. 

They’re lying.  It’s only going to get worse as we get into late October.  

And abortion is all they are running on. 

It’s absolutely disgusting.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

"There is a “good chance” providing a D&C earlier could have prevented Amber Thurman’s death, the maternal mortality review committee concluded."

You know better than they do?  

Yes one done before she presented to the ED in organ failure. 

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They’re lying.  It’s only going to get worse as we get into late October.  

And abortion is all they are running on. 

It’s absolutely disgusting.  

I'd say PP shares a significant portion of the blame.  They're the ones who prescribed the medications and apparently didn't give her proper instructions (she was a medical assistant) or bother to follow up.

And it's a shame no matter how you choose to assign fault.  I've always been of the mind that it should be legal but up to a point and with exceptions for the life of the mother after that point.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Yes one done before she presented to the ED in organ failure. 

Did you examine her?  Did you talk to the doctors who examined her?  Do you have access to her charts?  Seriously??  You know better than a board, which had access to all those sources of information, who looked at this issue and concluded otherwise?

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

The D&C wasn't going to save her life. 

And you know that how? You should tell the investigative committee, because it seems they missed that. 

Is your conclusion that it was totally cool and good for the hospital to delay the standard treatment of care for someone in her situation until it was too late because she didn’t do what you personally believe she should have done earlier?

37 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Did you examine her?  Did you talk to the doctors who examined her?  Do you have access to her charts?  Seriously??  You know better than a board, which had access to all those sources of information, who looked at this issue and concluded otherwise?

27 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

And you know that how? You should tell the investigative committee, because it seems they missed that. 

Is your conclusion that it was totally cool and good for the hospital to delay the standard treatment of care for someone in her situation until it was too late because she didn’t do what you personally believe she should have done earlier?

I was told that the COVID vaccines: a) would prevent you from getting infected and spreading it, b) 100% safe and c) were better than natural immunity.  Color me skeptical of what "experts," even if they're doctors.  Everyone has an agenda.

And what was the reason for the delay?  Was it (really) because of the abortion law?  Was it because they didn't know what was wrong because she wouldn't tell them?  Did they delay starting antibiotics, which is what she needed just as much if not more than an immediate D&C?  Did anesthesia balk at first because of her being in extremis and finally agree as a last ditch effort?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was told that the COVID vaccines: a) would prevent you from getting infected and spreading it, b) 100% safe and c) were better than natural immunity.  Color me skeptical of what "experts," even if they're doctors.  Everyone has an agenda.

And what was the reason for the delay?  Was it (really) because of the abortion law?  Was it because they didn't know what was wrong because she wouldn't tell them?  Did they delay starting antibiotics, which is what she needed just as much if not more than an immediate D&C?  Did anesthesia balk at first because of her being in extremis and finally agree as a last ditch effort?

Seems like you’re not immune from “having an agenda,” trying to find anyway to make this into something else because you don’t like the conclusions the state investigative committee reached.

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Seems like you’re not immune from “having an agenda,” trying to find anyway to make this into something else because you don’t like the conclusions the state investigative committee reached.

I've repeatedly stated my opinion on abortion.  I never wanted RvW to be overturned.  You can thank JWHO and the law of unintended consequences for that one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've repeatedly stated my opinion on abortion.  I never wanted RvW to be overturned.  You can thank JWHO and the law of unintended consequences for that one.

Your position blaming JWHO is essentially: people should not challenge blatantly unconstitutional laws because they might not like the consequences. 

It’s a green light to passing unconstitutional laws in the hopes SCOTUS changes the understanding of the constitution. 

Seems… lazy and bad. Maybe just a backwards-looking justification to always blame whoever you consider “the other”

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Your position blaming JWHO is essentially: people should not challenge blatantly unconstitutional laws because they might not like the consequences. 

It’s a green light to passing unconstitutional laws in the hopes SCOTUS changes the understanding of the constitution. 

Seems… lazy and bad. Maybe just a backwards-looking justification to always blame whoever you consider “the other”

Just like this case...

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Abortion pills killed this woman, but the media will allow Democrats to mislead people who aren’t capable and/or interested in understanding what truly happened here in Georgia. 

She died because she didn't receive the life saving operation she needed in a timely fashion.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

She died because she didn't receive the life saving operation she needed in a timely fashion.

Failure of the doctors.  They had every legal standing to do it.  

The story just implies she told them of the procedure and medication she took.  

And again. Why people push back against these drugs being pushed for mail order. 

There can be severe consequences of using them after the first term.  As she did .  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Failure of the doctors.  They had every legal standing to do it.  

The story just implies she told them of the procedure and medication she took.  

And again. Why people push back against these drugs being pushed for mail order. 

There can be severe consequences of using them after the first term.  As she did .  

Your not the doctor who it taking the risk, so your opinion is worthless.

• Eyeroll 1