Twenty-Fifth Amendment

Irv

After the latest Biden's gibberish and teleprompter fails, does anybody really think this guy can make it through 2024?   I think there is enough evidence right now to start the process to invoke the 25th amendment.  But the real horror is a Harris presidency.  What does everyone else think?  Will the 25th be invoked?  How did the mightiest country in world history end up with these two airheads?  What a mess. 

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

After the latest Biden's gibberish and teleprompter fails, does anybody really think this guy can make it through 2024?   I think there is enough evidence right now to start the process to invoke the 25th amendment.  But the real horror is a Harris presidency.  What does everyone else think?  Will the 25th be invoked?  How did the mightiest country in world history end up with these two airheads?  What a mess. 

I don’t often agree with you, but, umm, yeah, choosing Kamala as VP was kind of the best insurance policy against impeachment (or that 25th Amendment thing) that any 78 year old nominee could buy. 

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t often agree with you, but, umm, yeah, choosing Kamala as VP was kind of the best insurance policy against impeachment (or that 25th Amendment thing) that any 78 year old nominee could buy. 

I never really looked at it like that.  But isn't Kamala the one who would start the process to invoke the 25th?   How could anyone that stupid get elected Senator and then VP?  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv

19 minutes ago, Irv said:

I never really looked at it like that.  But isn't Kamala the one who would start the process to invoke the 25th?   How could anyone that stupid get elected Senator and then VP?  What a mess.  

I think you just answered your original question-no one wants her as president, even those who think he is terrible 

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

Right now we've got a fake President.  Biden was duly elected but clearly cannot carry out the duties of the office because he is mentally compromised.   To begin with, he should be required to take a mental competency test administered by an independent and qualified physician overseen by the proper officials.  We can't depend on the cabinet of the executive branch to do anything. 

These duties are empowered to the chief executive by Article II of the US Constitution.  if the President cannot carry out these duties they are then transferred to the VP.  And the VP is promoted to the job of President.  In this situation to Ms. Harris.  Good or bad or like it or not that's the protocol.

Right now there is a person or persons running the Presidency and the White House that were not elected.  President Biden is no more than an actor reading a script and playing a role.  If this arrangement doesn't meet the definition of a coup then what does?  An unelected person or persons secretly assuming the duties of the President.  The plot should be exposed and those participating should be arrested.  The secret service guarding the President are aware of this sham.  They should be arrested too.  As should any member of the White House staff or any other government officials or employees with knowledge of the situation that say and do nothing to uphold the laws and Constitution.  Members of the press flying cover should also be arrested.  The American people must be told the truth. 

That all said, its a given it will continue until something blows up.  Because these scum bags have no regard for the law or the consitution and lack any moral or ethical compass.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Right now we've got a fake President.  Biden was duly elected but clearly cannot carry out the duties of the office because he is mentally compromised.   To begin with, he should be required to take a mental competency test administered by an independent and qualified physician overseen by the proper officials.  We can't depend on the cabinet of the executive branch to do anything. 

These duties are empowered to the chief executive by Article II of the US Constitution.  if the President cannot carry out these duties they are then transferred to the VP.  And the VP is promoted to the job of President.  In this situation to Ms. Harris.  Good or bad or like it or not that's the protocol.

Right now there is a person or persons running the Presidency and the White House that were not elected.  President Biden is no more than an actor reading a script and playing a role.  If this arrangement doesn't meet the definition of a coup then what does?  An unelected person or persons secretly assuming the duties of the President.  The plot should be exposed and those participating should be arrested.  The secret service guarding the President are aware of this sham.  They should be arrested too.  As should any member of the White House staff or any other government officials or employees with knowledge of the situation that say and do nothing to uphold the laws and Constitution.  Members of the press flying cover should also be arrested.  The American people must be told the truth. 

That all said, its a given it will continue until something blows up.  Because these scum bags have no regard for the law or the consitution and lack any moral or ethical compass.

Close….but this is not about morals or ethics. This is about a methodical movement to fundamentally transform America. Never forget that. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Irv said:

Anyone but Trump in 2020. The primary that led to Biden being the nominee was more wishful thinking. I can't imagine inflation if Bernie had won. Hindsight Hillary would have been the safer choice. That's why I wrote in John Kasich a bipartisan moderate.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

Anyone but Trump in 2020. The primary that led to Biden being the nominee was more wishful thinking. I can't imagine inflation if Bernie had won. Hindsight Hillary would have been the safer choice. That's why I wrote in John Kasich a bipartisan moderate.

Hogwash.  Biden had nearly a 50 year track record of exactly the sort of incontinence incompetence and divisiveness on display for the past two years.  Good for you for voting other than Biden, but he's exactly who the modern liberal party wanted in the WH.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hogwash.  Biden had nearly a 50 year track record of exactly the sort of incontinence incompetence and divisiveness on display for the past two years.  Good for you for voting other than Biden, but he's exactly who the modern liberal party wanted in the WH.  

Let's see if the 22 and 24 elections change their mind about having elected Biden. The pendulum swinging from one extreme to the other tears the country apart.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

👆🤡😅

Projection at its finest 

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdbe85a7d335fa55860c0d21ab88b52.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cd52b131d37776f7750721dfd259964b.jpeg

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Right now there is a person or persons running the Presidency and the White House that were not elected.  President Biden is no more than an actor reading a script and playing a role.  If this arrangement doesn't meet the definition of a coup then what does?  An unelected person or persons secretly assuming the duties of the President.  The plot should be exposed and those participating should be arrested.

Well, thanks for bringing the crazy back just as a rational discussion was about to emerge. 
There is absolutely nothing supporting a theory that Biden is some kind of empty suit and that some other advisors/entities are really running the government. 
My opinion: he is too old to run again, and he’s showing the typical slippage of a nearly 80 year old. But that doesn’t mean he’s incompetent in any medical sense. It just means there are younger possible candidates who are better suited to be President in 2025. And yes, the same thing applies to Trump, and clearly in retrospect to 2nd term Reagan. I’d like to see a constitutional amendment making anyone over a certain age — I’d say 70, but you could convince me to go a couple years more—from assuming the office. We have a rather arbitrary minimum age of 35, so why not a maximum age?

Many have forgotten (hah! That’s dementia for ya) or are too young to know that Reagan: (1) agreed, in the campaign, to take periodic mental acuity tests, and that promise was quickly ignored once he was sworn in; (2) left office in Jan 1989 bemoaning the fact that the 22nd Amendment barred a third term. What a disaster for the country if that Amendment had never passed and Reagan had been elected again, clearly showing signs of dementia by the early 1990s. We ought to think ahead on this one. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, thanks for bringing the crazy back just as a rational discussion was about to emerge. 
There is absolutely nothing supporting a theory that Biden is some kind of empty suit and that some other advisors/entities are really running the government. 
My opinion: he is too old to run again, and he’s showing the typical slippage of a nearly 80 year old. But that doesn’t mean he’s incompetent in any medical sense. It just means there are younger possible candidates who are better suited to be President in 2025. And yes, the same thing applies to Trump, and clearly in retrospect to 2nd term Reagan. I’d like to see a constitutional amendment making anyone over a certain age — I’d say 70, but you could convince me to go a couple years more—from assuming the office. We have a rather arbitrary minimum age of 35, so why not a maximum age?

Many have forgotten (hah! That’s dementia for ya) or are too young to know that Reagan: (1) agreed, in the campaign, to take periodic mental acuity tests, and that promise was quickly ignored once he was sworn in; (2) left office in Jan 1989 bemoaning the fact that the 22nd Amendment barred a third term. What a disaster for the country if that Amendment had never passed and Reagan had been elected again, clearly showing signs of dementia by the early 1990s. We ought to think ahead on this one. 

We need some serious electoral reforms and while a maximum age wouldn't be at the top of my list, it's a darn good idea and would probably be broadly popular.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There's plenty of evidence.  The need for cue cards, handlers and aides whisking him away after mental confusion appears, gaffe after gaffe.  I'm no neurologist.  But I have been around older people that have suffered from mental degradation because of Parkinsons and Alzheimer's.  And watched them slowly deteriorate until death.  I know it when I see it.  A battery of mental competency tests will prove it.  So you okay with that idea?  

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There's plenty of evidence.  The need for cue cards, handlers and aides whisking him away after mental confusion appears, gaffe after gaffe.  I'm no neurologist.  But I have been around older people that have suffered from mental degradation because of Parkinsons and Alzheimer's.  And watched them slowly deteriorate until death.  I know it when I see it.  A battery of mental competency tests will prove it.  So you okay with that idea?  

Yes, I am o.k. with that. As I mentioned, Ronald Reagan said he was o.k. with that, and then completely ignored his promise. (Or maybe he forgot it, hehe)

Though Reagan promised in 1980 that he would undergo testing for senility if elected, so far he has not. Earlier this year he told an interviewer that he would take the tests "only if there was some indication that I was drifting ... Nothing like that has happened."

http://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,951325-2,00.html

The article cited is from 1984, after Reagan's famously awful debate performance. (He did much better in the next debate, and blew away Mondale in the election.)

Obviously what we need is some kind of baseline test pre-inauguration, with periodic testing thereafter to see if (or more likely, in what way) any officeholder in his/her 70s is in decline. Trump tells us he was able to remember a series of 5 words, backwards and forwards, and that the docs just about fainted at this incredible demonstration of mental agility. Fine. Let's have video of the tests. Every candidate.

Good luck making politicians keep a promise.

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

We need some serious electoral reforms and while a maximum age wouldn't be at the top of my list, it's a darn good idea and would probably be broadly popular.

My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in her sixties and died at 71.  I’ve seen it and I see it again with Biden.  What a mess.   Should just resigns and let that idiot Harris take over. I don’t want nuclear war due to dementia.  

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in her sixties and died at 71.  I’ve seen it and I see it again with Biden.  What a mess.   Should just resigns and let that idiot Harris take over. I don’t want nuclear war due to dementia.  

Sorry to hear that.

I'd say I have experience with the opposite situation - watching relatives grow older, and gradually slip a bit in their 70s, and then slip quite a bit faster in their 80s. It is technically senile dementia, but usually not Alzheimer's (which can only be conclusively diagnosed after death), and it's a normal, natural, and almost inevitable part of surviving that long. Which is why an age limit is good idea.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tough to keep up, but I’m guessing whataboutism is ok again in defense of Old Joe. 

He’s in sharp decline, it’s as simple as looking at clips from his younger days and comparing them to the old man we see today.   And sure, if he was kindly old Lt. Joe from the local volunteer fire department, his penchant for losing his place and making up words would fall under the category of just being sad, but understandable due to his advanced age. The problem is Biden has much, much more on his plate than Lt Joe, and as the economy continues to slump, his lack of any discernible leadership is perhaps the most problematic sign of his decline. 

Interestingly, I’ve heard Biden supporters suggest that in spite of his decline, part of the appeal was the concept of President by committee.  

• Agree 1