Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

12 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's the Sabres that's going to be the Dynasty 

I think you are going to see the Sabres do next year what the Devils did this year. They have a solid core already. They still need to improve the D but they are building something special in Sabres land.

• Agree 1

I follow the Bills more than the Sabres but I’ve kept abreast on the Sabres this past year.  Kinda disappointing most stories involving them just lead with it being 12 years since the playoffs now.

Guess that’s what sells stories versus more talking about an upcoming team.  Anyway I don’t care what team it is playing 3 good teams in 4 days is tough 

47 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I follow the Bills more than the Sabres but I’ve kept abreast on the Sabres this past year.  Kinda disappointing most stories involving them just lead with it being 12 years since the playoffs now.

Guess that’s what sells stories versus more talking about an upcoming team.  Anyway I don’t care what team it is playing 3 good teams in 4 days is tough 

It would be pretty cool if Buffalo can get both a Lombardi and a Cup. WNY would go bonkers for one but to win both would be something epic to see. Like you I prefer the Bills as football is my favorite sport and I want Lombardi for WNY over anything else.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I just hope the Bruins are not a dynasty just when the Sabres turn it around. Levi would have to be a good replacement for Linus Ullmark.

Bruins are maxing out their window. Some of their best are old as the hills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

It would be pretty cool if Buffalo can get both a Lombardi and a Cup. WNY would go bonkers for one but to win both would be something epic to see. Like you I prefer the Bills as football is my favorite sport and I want Lombardi for WNY over anything else.

I can’t attest to this but many say Buffalo is a hockey town at its core.

Nobody will deny the support and love people have for the Bills around town… but yeah a Stanley Cup may just be as important if not more than a Lombardi to fans here? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This makes me Happy

This also means that even if the Sabres had not lost to New Jersey and won all of their remaining games, they still would have missed the playoffs.

That at least brings me some comfort. It would have hurt even more if everything had broke their way in the games they needed other teams to lose.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This also means that even if the Sabres had not lost to New Jersey and won all of their remaining games, they still would have missed the playoffs.

That at least brings me some comfort. It would have hurt even more if everything had broke their way in the games they needed other teams to lose.

Yeah but small consolation considering how many games they should have won...and lost.  Next year better be a playoff year.

Edit:  actually not true.  If they had beaten Jersey and win tomorrow, they are in the playoffs by 1 point over FLA.

Edited by Doc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.