Giambra quits GOP, ends senate campaign

"In an email sent to friends and supporters, Giambra said he, 'can no longer remain a Republican or continue with my campaign to seek the Republican nomination for Senator in the 61st District,'" said the report.

"I cannot stand with party leaders who double down in their support of the NRA after yet another mass shooting; who applaud the decision to take away a woman's right to choose and who encourage the elimination of LGBQ rights; and who still believe that Donald Trump is their president," wrote Giambra in his explanation for why he is changing his party affiliation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-york-republican-drops-out-of-state-senate-race-and-quits-the-gop/ar-AAZgM9l?ocid=EMMX&cvid=453678d8ed924264948beb4cc39a9430

• Like (+1) 2

The guy supported Hillary in 2016, and this is a quote from Republican head of Amherst, "In no way do I want Joel Giambra representing Amherst," he said. "I don't like his politics, and it was a big mistake for us to back such a liberal Democrat like him for county executive" don't feel like we lost a good one.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Looking forward to the claims that he's a RINO or actually a Democrat.

If you don't toe the line of the glorious god king, you might as well be a member of the DSA.

Didn't take long

1 hour ago, Nineforty said:

I had to refresh my memory, but his story is apparently as follows: 

• Started as a D, switched to an R;
  • As Comptroller, he ratf*cked Erie county with his budget antics in the early 2000s, and quit in anticipation of losing a reelection bid;
  • He ran for governor in 2018 and tapped out early, before he was shown the curb;
  • He attempted to start his own political party, the Fusion GPS party, but had to quit that deal when he fell about 1,000 signatures short on a 3,000 signature requirement;
  • Decided to run for State Senate, then decided he wasn't going to be marketable and tapped out as well;

I don't see any word of any criminal charges being filed, but other than that his resume suggests he would be awesome as a pivotal player in NYS politics. 

Oh, and btw, he referred to his bid as a 'kamikaze mission', which in context, is a pretty dumb ---perhaps indicative of why he failed to garner support he needed to be successful.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

• Started as a D, switched to an R;
  • As Comptroller, he ratf*cked Erie county with his budget antics in the early 2000s, and quit in anticipation of losing a reelection bid;
  • He ran for governor in 2018 and tapped out early, before he was shown the curb;
  • He attempted to start his own political party, the Fusion GPS party, but had to quit that deal when he fell about 1,000 signatures short on a 3,000 signature requirement;
  • Decided to run for State Senate, then decided he wasn't going to be marketable and tapped out as well;

I don't see any word of any criminal charges being filed, but other than that his resume suggests he would be awesome as a pivotal player in NYS politics. 

Oh, and btw, he referred to his bid as a 'kamikaze mission', which in context, is a pretty dumb ---perhaps indicative of why he failed to garner support he needed to be successful.  

Thanks for putting some actual facts into the thread. 

👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He is my age so I hope he still has a long life ahead of him, but after his throat cancer, he should just  stay out of politics and enjoy life.

Edited by Wacka