Zach Wilson - He’s “thick” now 😱

YoloinOhio

This 'Wilson has bulked' up and "Tua is really accurate, what an arm' type news reminds me of being a Bills fan just a few years ago.

That is, being a fan, desperately clinging to ANY offseason pseudo-news that stokes the fires of hope. But EJ never did put it together, Maybin never did bulk up enough, etc etc etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You're all misinterpreting.  Coach Saleh has an intermittent lisp.  Wilson's sick.

Oh great,  another Mono QB in NYC.

Or he has that Mike Tyson lisp.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/25/2022 at 5:39 PM, machine gun kelly said:

ok Forget how funny that is,

but the worst form

I've ever seen.  Bb will tell you he’s lucky he didn’t kill himself.  There are so many flaws it’s not even worth discussing.  

BTW- clean with no illlegal drugs at all you’re fortunate to gain about 10 lbs. of

muscle a year if you’ve peaked.  You can gain more of you never spent time in the gym.  Once you hit you're peak its

thay hard to grow.  Maybe 15 lbs on you’re bench, 20 on you’re dead and squat and that’s if you are completely focused.  Some of these stories are just so silly and defies what a natural body, no drugs can do.  It’s also what guys on drugs blow out rotator cuffs and other small muscles as they can’t keep up with steroid included large muscle groups.

Don't overlook what a CLEAN athlete can do once they finally begin to push a regimen for the first time. MANY NFL prospects have yet to unlock their full potential based on a more focused regimen. I'd guess Terrel Bernard, for example, could easily gain 5-10 lbs of functional mass between now and September. 

No disagreement Noggin.  My point is many student athletes have been focused on nutrition and an intense training program throughout college and just had a lot of natural testosterone in their bodies as they matured in HS.  

Once you’ve peaked in terms hitting what you’re body should do, then I stand by my comments.  As a aside I competed at a high level in wrestling in HS, then converted from lifting hard to competitive powerlifting in college until I was 32.  I was in the US championships the last five years, etc.  Not that you need my resume as I’m a middle aged guy trying to be healthy these days, but I’ve always been around people who train at a very high level.

22 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

...but I’ve always been around people who train at a very high level.

No matter how you spin it, none of us TSWers are getting columnist jobs at 'The Athletic'.  Except John Warow. 

12 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Can listen to that any time

Aren't you too old to rock and roll? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Zach didn't impress the Jets reporter from The Athletic:  https://theathletic.com/3358264/2022/06/10/jets-zach-wilson-risers-fallers/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Faller: Zach Wilson, quarterback

This is sure to evoke hysteria. There’s no reason to panic yet, though. It’s only June. Nothing that happens now really matters. Training camp will be the true tell of whether Wilson is ready to take a second-year jump. But, if we’re being honest, Wilson hasn’t been overly impressive through the four media-open OTAs.

The 22-year-old has struggled with his accuracy. His decision-making is questionable at best, and it has led to interceptions (one on Wednesday, two on Thursday) and near interceptions. He’s thrown several passes that, in a game, would have led to the near decapitation of his receivers.

It hasn’t all been bad. Wilson threw an impressive deep ball to D.J. Montgomery, who beat rookie Sauce Gardner, on Wednesday. He connected with Corey Davis for a red-zone touchdown on Thursday. His best pass of any media-open OTA came on a laser deep crosser to Garrett Wilson, who dropped it as he hit the ground.

You just hoped to see a little bit more conviction, decisiveness and average baseline to this point.

It’s important to note that these OTAs are about learning and the media aren’t in the meeting rooms. The Jets aren’t worried and see signs there Wilson is progressing. He’s trusting his reads much more this year and when he misses a throw, he knows exactly what happened and where he should have gone — that wasn’t the case in 2021.

The Jets also have so many new pieces on offense, they’re only running eight first-team, 11-on-11 drills per practice, and the scripted seven-on-seven periods aren’t real football. That’s likely contributing to some of Wilson’s struggles, too.

A strong string of minicamp practices will ease any concerns brought forth by OTAs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.