Rottenburger gets lecture

What a douchbag. My wife works in rehab and the most prevalent cause of head "injury" after strokes are motorcycle accidents. A former coworker of mine died in December from head and other injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident, and he was wearing a helmet and a leather riding suit.

What a douchbag.  My wife works in rehab and the most prevalent cause of head "injury" after strokes are motorcycle accidents.  A former coworker of mine died in December from head and other injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident, and he was wearing a helmet and a leather riding suit.

331960[/snapback]

Rottenburger is a typical young guy thinking he is unbreakable. He's got so much, and he's willing to risk it all just so he can feel the wind in his fugging hair. Ride a roller coaster!

What a douchbag.  My wife works in rehab and the most prevalent cause of head "injury" after strokes are motorcycle accidents.  A former coworker of mine died in December from head and other injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident, and he was wearing a helmet and a leather riding suit.

331960[/snapback]

Hadn't rerd that they were #2 - I supposed that falls, industrial accidents etc. would be up there. Regardless...

A helmet has small effect on a bang-out crash, (a fender-bender on a bike is catastrophic) but for the more prevalent wheel spinning on a wet or slick pavement and the knock of the head on the curb or the pole, a helmet may save your life - neck snaps notwithstanding.

Sorry about that fellow - he did the right thing, though, even with the tragic outcome. Many don't. :unsure:

A girl in my office suffered head injuries a few weeks back. She was riding her new motorcycle, with a helmet, her first day on the road. Luckily, she will be fine, but her face (and teeth) got pretty messed up!

Asked why he doesn't wear a helmet -- something he wouldn't think about doing on a football field -- Roethlisberger pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended two years ago.

Wow. I love his logic. So if Pennsylvania had a 35 year old state law requiring people to go jump off a cliff...

He qualifies for douchbag-extraordinaire