Another Auto Workers Parking Controvesry

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice article Bill.

What other product does or SAYS as much about you than your VEHICLE?

Truly, the materialistic thing you buy that becomes your ambassador.

If it wasn't for that fact... Would cars still be made here?

Think about it and how your vehicle get worldly exposure?

Catching my drift?

:o

You must be joking. This is akin to management banning Coke in the employee cafeteria at Pepsi headquarters.

Reaching for stories like this doesn't do anything to make the union scum from the earlier story look any better.

My friend works for Ford Credit. The parking lot as his office? Youre damn well RIGHT its full of Ford products and those employees driving other cars dont stick around long.

IMO, theres nothing wrong with this practice. And its applies to ALL businesses. Its pretty bad form to use and buy from the competitor of your employer. And even worse to flout such use in front of your employees.

You must be joking.  This is akin to management banning Coke in the employee cafeteria at Pepsi headquarters.

Reaching for stories like this doesn't do anything to make the union scum from the earlier story look any better.

331819[/snapback]

I have no problem with the parking situation here, nor in the earlier story. Note the word PARKING, not bumper stickers, etc.

So if I understand your position, it is a fair practice for management, but if the unions do it (or perhaps even under any circumstances) they are "scum." Am I getting this right? I would love to know before I respond.

I have no problem with the parking situation here, nor in the earlier story. Note the word PARKING, not bumper stickers, etc.

So if I understand your position, it is a fair practice for management, but if the unions do it (or perhaps even under any circumstances) they are "scum." Am I getting this right? I would love to know before I respond.

331835[/snapback]

Don't be ridiculous...

The UAW was calling out MARINES for drivng foreign cars or whatever. MARINES. people fighting for the scumbag UAW leadership's rights.

Yeah, you know them?

It's apples and oranges.

Sorry Bill but I am with KD on this one. If they want to limit the use to certain vehicles that is their choice. They are selling Chryslers and therefore it looks bad if they don't have Chryslers in the parking lot. The employees don't like it tough sh--.

This is a lot different where the union whined because "military guys" were using the parking lot. Military guys are there to allow the freedom to people in this country drive whatever care they want. The company has their business to worry about.

331835[/snapback]

Way to compare apples to cinderblocks. The Union banned MILITARY members who drove cars made by other manufacturers. Management is making their own employees who MAKE THE FUGGIN' CARS park further away if they drive cars made by other manufacturers.

Yeah, this is very hard to understand. You should know how far off you are just because EII agrees with you. :unsure:

331835[/snapback]

No you're not getting it right because they are two different situations. Are you suggesting that the union is against the policy in your story? I'm missing how this story is a 'union/management' issue in any way. Is it ONLY enforced against union employees and NOT management employees? Are you suggesting that Fed Ex would be wrong to ban it's employees from using UPS for internal shipping? Do Allstate employees call Geico for car insurance? Not allowing your direct competitor's products in a work environment is hardly something new.

Maybe I've forgotten the details of the other story, but wasn't it a group of totally unauthorized people enforcing their personal beliefs against citizens in a parking lot that they didn't own? Apparently you supported that action but not this one? Why is that?

Sorry Bill but I am with KD on this one.  If they want to limit the use to certain vehicles that is their choice.  They are selling Chryslers and therefore it looks bad if they don't have Chryslers in the parking lot.  The employees don't like it tough sh--. 

This is a lot different where the union whined because "military guys" were using the parking lot.  Military guys are there to allow the freedom to people in this country drive whatever care they want.  The company has their business to worry about.

331839[/snapback]

As I recall, the union held some sort of control over the parking lot in the other story. They instituted a similar policy which had an adverse impact on Marines.

I did NOT support the policy because of my respect for Marines, but did defend their right to make this choice because again, it seems they had control of sorts over the lot.

Now that management is imposing parking restrictions, (with support from employees), I am just not seeing the outrage. One person was even driven to refer to unionized workers as "scum."

A sad truth abut our great nation is that we often look for people/groups to "bash." Irish, African-Americans, Jews, Hispanics and others have been targets.

Today, as the coutry shifts to PC, it seems that Asians, Cigarette Smokers and Unionized Workers are pretty safe targets for barbs and disdain.

So.........to those who should choose to do so, bash away!

I DO (and I mean this in a 100% sincere way!) hope that the masters (corporation owners) who you love and serve never foresake you and cast you aside for cheap foreign labor. I would not wish something this horrible for you nor your families, but I would be careful who I trust and adore.

Jmo.

As I recall, the union held some sort of control over the parking lot in the other story. They instituted a similar policy which had an adverse impact on Marines.

I did NOT support the policy because of my respect for Marines, but did defend their right to make this choice because again, it seems they had control of sorts over the lot.

Now that management is imposing parking restrictions, (with support from employees), I am just not seeing the outrage. One person was even driven to refer to unionized workers as "scum."

A sad truth abut our great nation is that we often look for people/groups to "bash." Irish, African-Americans, Jews, Hispanics and others have been targets.

Today, as the coutry shifts to PC, it seems that Asians, Cigarette Smokers and Unionized Workers are pretty safe targets for barbs and disdain.

I DO (and I mean this in a 100% sincere way!) hope that the masters (corporation owners) who you love and serve never foresake you and cast you aside for cheap foreign labor.  I would not wish something this horrible for you nor your families, but I would be careful who I trust and adore.

Jmo.

331867[/snapback]

It's apples and oranges! WTF would someone who works for Ford want to drive a Toyota anyway?

Way to compare apples to cinderblocks.  The Union banned MILITARY members who drove cars made by other manufacturers.  Management is making their own employees who MAKE THE FUGGIN' CARS park further away if they drive cars made by other manufacturers.

Yeah, this is very hard to understand.  You should know how far off you are just because EII agrees with you.  :blink:

331840[/snapback]

Does he? Call me dense, but I couldn't really tell. :unsure:

My pleasure.

Irish,

African-Americans,

Jews,

Asians,

Cigarette Smokers,

and Unionized Workers

I think I'll let your list bash itself. There might be a difference between "discrimination" against the bolded and non-bolded. Maybe not.

I DO (and I mean this in a 100% sincere way!) hope that the masters (corporation owners) who you love and serve never foresake you and cast you aside for cheap foreign labor.  I would not wish something this horrible for you nor your families, but I would be careful who I trust and adore.

Jmo.

331867[/snapback]

How many non-Union people does Toyota employ in the US? 250,000. Those people like outsourcing just fine. GM placed an order for 50,000 engines earlier this year. To be made in the U.S. By what company? Honda.

And congratulations on the first post- no mention of the plight of smokers. You couldn't go two in a row though, so your record is still 1 in a row.

My pleasure.

Irish,

African-Americans,

Jews,

Asians,

Cigarette Smokers,

and Unionized Workers

I think I'll let your list bash itself. There might be a difference between "discrimination" against the bolded and non-bolded. Maybe not.

How many non-Union people does Toyota employ in the US? 250,000. Those people like outsourcing just fine. GM placed an order for 50,000 engines earlier this year. To be made in the U.S. By what company? Honda.

And congratulations on the first post- no mention of the plight of smokers. You couldn't go two in a row though, so your record is still 1 in a row.

331881[/snapback]

Thanks for the slam JA. As you know, we all have different interests and issues that concern us.

Yours seems to be gay marriages and gays in health clubs.

By all means, carry on soldier! You need not check with me before you post about things that you deem important. It would be sweet if you would afford me the same dignity.

Thanks.

Thanks for the slam JA. As you know, we all have different interests and issues that concern us.

Yours seems to be gay marriages and gays in health clubs.

By all means, carry on soldier! You need not check with me before you post about things that you deem important. It would be sweet if you would afford me the same dignity.

Thanks.

331892[/snapback]

You're welcome- nothing personal. You can post on any topic you want. And when you do, I can comment.

I don't work gays into every topic. I talk about the issue when it comes up, or post articles when something arises. You can't take a breath without comparing someone's plight to that of smokers. It's trying.

You're welcome- nothing personal. You can post on any topic you want. And when you do, I can comment.

I don't work gays into every topic. I talk about the issue when it comes up, or post articles when something arises. You can't take a breath without comparing someone's plight to that of smokers. It's trying.

331985[/snapback]

Thanks for setting me straight about your set of rules, and your unsolicited critique of my postings.

My postings seem to put you on edge, or perhaps you are just in a foul mood today. Why don't you run down to your favorite gym and work away your hostilities?

I wont judge you.

My postings seem to put you on edge, or perhaps you are just in a foul mood today. Why don't you run down to your favorite gym and work away your hostilities?

I wont judge you.

332018[/snapback]

Though some may think that gratuitous and unnecessary, I give you SERIOUS style points for the subtlety. :unsure::blink::lol: