Just watched the 11/16/92 Bills-Fins game

duey

If you read the Buffalo News article about TT getting onto the Wall, both he and Ralph say that a 3rd and 4 run towards the end of the game was the top run of his career (gave the Bills the first down needed to run out the clock and win the 26-20 game).

I watch the whole game and have these comments:

Tom Olividoti was our offense's best friend;

Al Michaels actually used the word "bogus" to describe a non-call against Jim for intentional grounding late in the game;

Our defense gave up lots and lots of yardage (around 400 yards that game);

Troy Vincent was a rookie that year, and had a tough game against Lofton;

Our receivers got open...oh yes...there always seemed to be at least one guy open;

Jim was just so solid and confident back there in the pocket;

Loved seeing Marino get sacked and start bitching at everyone around him;

Thurman was such a great player...had about 130 all-purpose yards. What hands he had when catching the ball. I def can see Willis following in his footsteps; and,

The run...3rd and 4...first play after the two minute warning...Bills 49 yard line...Thurman takes the handoff, looks like he gets trip up a bit at the line, puts his hand down and sort of propels himself forward for about 4.5 yards. First down. Game over.

Was it is greatest run ever? In his mind, yes. Should we argue...probably not. The talking heads of MNF that night didn't even get excited about it (as opposed to if Marino had thrown a 4 yard completion). It did secure the game. But I saw TT rip of so many spectucular runs that this one was sort of disappointing. But I guess he and Ralph weighed in the with the impact the play had on the game.

(sigh) That team was so good...what a great bunch of guys.

Oh man, you didn't take the time to give props to that line!    Wow.

331704[/snapback]

Oops...you're right, of course. Jim almost always had a very nice pocket to hang back and pick out an open receiver.