Thurman to the Wall

as per the links on TBD.

Like we needed another reason to get tickets for Mexico Bowl I, or the miami game?

Thurman Thomas was the best RB to play for the bills. Sure, OJ was a more pure runner, but TT redefined the position with his ability as a receiver. The new generation of RBs owes a royalty to the man who caught more passes than many well seasoned wide receivers. Oh yeah, he also was NOT drafted in the first round. The bills didn't have a 1st rounder that year, so he went in the 2nd. (hmmm, i could go somewhere with this, but i won't) One last thing: He played on a surgically reconstructed knee, and we totally forgot. (hmmmm, i could go somewhere with this, but i won't)

Also, he was arrogant, not fan friendly, and smarter than a brick, but not as smart as a harvard grad with intelligence leaning toward the brick. It doesn't matter though, cause i loved the guy and he was one of my football heros. 2 more years till he and i have to buy a plane ticket to canton.

I'd bet the house on the miami game.  Don't know when it will be officially announced though.

331376[/snapback]

I don't know, it seems like they would connect TT's induction to the wall with a "dog" home game to help sell tickets, rather than a sure sellout like Miami.

Just my $0.02

I remember when the Bills drafted him -- the experts called it a big risk because of the knee injury Thurman Thomas had in college.

Some risk  :doh:

331421[/snapback]

I hope the last running back we drafted that they said that about turns out as good as Thurman did. :o Congrats to TT, he was my favorite when I was a kid.

That was Ralph's fault...

331453[/snapback]

Yea, Ralph talked for about 7 minutes, leaving Darryl only about 3 minutes or so - as the teams were coming back for the 2nd half.

as per the links on TBD. 

Like we needed another reason to get tickets for Mexico Bowl I, or the miami game? 

Thurman Thomas was the best RB to play for the bills.  Sure, OJ was a more pure runner, but TT redefined the position with his ability as a receiver.  The new generation of RBs owes a royalty to the man who caught more passes than many well seasoned wide receivers.  Oh yeah, he also was NOT drafted in the first round.  The bills didn't have a 1st rounder that year, so he went in the 2nd.  (hmmm, i could go somewhere with this, but i won't)  One last thing: He played on a surgically reconstructed knee, and we totally forgot.  (hmmmm, i could go somewhere with this, but i won't)

Also, he was arrogant, not fan friendly, and smarter than a brick, but not as smart as a harvard grad with intelligence leaning toward the brick.  It doesn't matter though, cause i loved the guy and he was one of my football heros.  2 more years till he and i have to buy a plane ticket to canton.

331335[/snapback]

He was my favorite Bill of all time!

BTW, beautiful post man! I shed a tear reading that.

When will they announce the game he will go up? I love them games.

I felt sorry for Darryl Talley when he was cut off during his speech at the Redskins game.

331349[/snapback]

"[bruce Smith] promised he'd be there," Thomas said. "Then I called Darryl [Talley] and told him my speech wouldn't be as long as his."

:o

2 more years till he and i have to buy a plane ticket to canton.

331335[/snapback]

Corp, start saving your money for that plane ticket NOW, because TT is eligible for the Class of 2006. (That ceremony is only 15 months from now...)

Whatever it took, he did. Blocking, receiving and of course running. Someone mentioned his smarts in an earlier post, remember this, he was smart enough to realize that Kenny Davis prolonged his career. TT=A Great Bill.

I'd bet the house on the miami game.  Don't know when it will be officially announced though.

331376[/snapback]

I hope it's the Jets game. He always did have monster games against the Jets. That, coupled w/ the fact that I will be attending the Jets game and not the Miami game.