What will be the highest-impact signing for 05?

Which player will make the biggest difference in the 05-06 season?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which player will make the biggest difference in the 05-06 season?

• Kelly Holcomb
    • Mike Gandy
    • Roscoe Parrish
    • Bennie Anderson

why would you say the back-up QB????

331271[/snapback]

For two reasons:

1) It's Losman's first season ever as a starter. He needs a mentor, and I think Holcomb will be much better at that than Matthews.

2) I seriously doubt that JP will start all 16 games. Holcomb is proven to be a clutch quarterback who can step in when needed, but is not necessarily great in the long term. I get the feeling he'll pull a few games out of the wreckage.

For two reasons:

1) It's Losman's first season ever as a starter. He needs a mentor, and I think Holcomb will be much better at that than Matthews.

2) I seriously doubt that JP will start all 16 games. Holcomb is proven to be a clutch quarterback who can step in when needed, but is not necessarily great in the long term. I get the feeling he'll pull a few games out of the wreckage.

331273[/snapback]

Exactomundo! I agree wholeheartedly for both reasons particularly #1.

I said Gandy, even though Teague might take his spot at LT. I think if he ends up winning the Starting LT spot that will be a major impact. I think Kelly Holcomb was a great signing, but I would be quite content if he never saw the field.

I still think that our slot WR will have more of an impact than our back-up QB!

Parrish: 47 receptions 756 yards 5 TD....1 Return for a TD on ST

I still think that our slot WR will have more of an impact than our back-up QB!

Parrish: 47 receptions 756 yards 5 TD....1 Return for a TD on ST

331278[/snapback]

But I doubt Parrish will start as the slot receiver. He'll probably be in there for third-and-longs when they need four wide-outs. I think Reed will still be the No.3, unless he has a SEVERELY smelly year, at which point I suppose Parrish might step in. Or Aiken.

But I doubt Parrish will start as the slot receiver. He'll probably be in there for third-and-longs when they need four wide-outs. I think Reed will still be the No.3, unless he has a SEVERELY smelly year, at which point I suppose Parrish might step in. Or Aiken.

331282[/snapback]

He has had 2 SEVERELY smelly years in a row.....why should we think that will change? :o

It's a contract year this year.

331286[/snapback]

Yeah. I'm sure teams will be lined up for a guy who can only be bothered to get his head out of his butt in a contract year.

Parrish, barring injury, will take over the slot. Reed will be lucky if he doesn't get a visit from the Turk.

I said Gandy because, of these four people, I think people expect the least from him...yet he is expected to do the most. Protect our inexperienced QB's blindside.

Could make a good argument for Holcomb though.

I think Roscoe will end up as our #3 wideout, and will have the greatest impact.

331390[/snapback]

I think Josh Reed's rookie season as our #3 slot receiver represents about the maximum we will get out of a rookie in that position. A key to some very good production from Trrd that year (37 or so catches for 500+ yards) was that he had the athletic Moulds and the speedy Peerless as our #1 and #2 WRs. That combo allowed Reed to feast on LBs and #4 or #5 DBs.

He did so to the tune that we were comfortable letting Peerless go and moving Reed to the #2 slot where the pressure and responsibility seemed to lead to a bad case of the droppsies on his part.

Even if one judges Parrish to be a better player than Reed, the first choice for JP/TC by far is going to be Moulds and the second choice by far is going to be Evans and the Parrish numbers are going to be held down to picking up the leftovers.

The phrase "the biggest difference" doesn't say anything about direction. Is it improvement, or detriment? At this point, my choice could easily be the biggest difference, but in either direction. If JP ends up taking losses and Willis can't go forward, then the difference is in the wrong direction.