GOOOOOO !! Pacers

:o

331171[/snapback]

As a longtime Celtics fan (adopted them after the Braves left Buffalo, I couldn't root for the friggin' Clippers) I was a little disappointed with the outcome of this series. I only take solace in the fact that neither the Celtics or Pacers really stands a chance against the Pistons. Besides, I always had a little like for the Pacers as well...it must be the Larry Bird connection...and I love guys who can shoot, like Reggie Miller. After Bird, Jordan and a few other guys I might be forgetting about, Reggie is maybe the best clutch shooter in the NBA. Definitely an all-time top 10 shooter...

Speaking of which, one of the hardest things for me to watch about this series was TNT showing Larry Bird cheering, in the Boston Garden, for the Pacers. It was even more disarming than seeing Thurman in Dolphins puke!

Fellow Celts fans take heart, it really looks like, maybe, the Celtics are finally building the foundation for a pretty decent young team. If Ainge doesn't go all-Pitino on us, and stays focused, they could be back in the playoffs again next year...with or without Pierce and Walker...

As a longtime Celtics fan (adopted them after the Braves left Buffalo, I couldn't root for the friggin' Clippers) I was a little disappointed with the outcome of this series.  I only take solace in the fact that neither the Celtics or Pacers really stands a chance against the Pistons.  Besides, I always had a little like for the Pacers as well...it must be the Larry Bird connection...and I love guys who can shoot, like Reggie Miller.  After Bird, Jordan and a few other guys I might be forgetting about, Reggie is maybe the best clutch shooter in the NBA.  Definitely an all-time top 10 shooter...

Speaking of which, one of the hardest things for me to watch about this series was TNT showing Larry Bird cheering, in the Boston Garden, for the Pacers.  It was even more disarming than seeing Thurman in Dolphins puke!

Fellow Celts fans take heart, it really looks like, maybe, the Celtics are finally building the foundation for a pretty decent young team.  If Ainge doesn't go all-Pitino on us, and stays focused, they could be back in the playoffs again next year...with or without Pierce and Walker...

331296[/snapback]

I only fllow the Celtics because I happen to live in NH. I'm no fan of NBA basketball, and this series only reinforces what I hate about it. Half-a$$ effort, playground one-on-one, no-D league! I am probably the only person in New England who can't understand why everyone thinks Paul Pierce is a superstar. Everytime I see this guy play, he is missing a key basket because he tries to dribble through 5 opponents when his teammates are all wide open, or he's throwing up a desperation 3-pointer. The guy is the problem for the Celtics, not the solution.

PTR

I only fllow the Celtics because I happen to live in NH.  I'm no fan of NBA basketball, and this series only reinforces what I hate about it.  Half-a$$ effort, playground one-on-one, no-D league!  I am probably the only person in New England who can't understand why everyone thinks Paul Pierce is a superstar.  Everytime I see this guy play, he is missing a key basket because he tries to dribble through 5 opponents when his teammates are all wide open, or he's throwing up a desperation 3-pointer.  The guy is the problem for the Celtics, not the solution.

PTR

331436[/snapback]

I know, I know, it seems like most have a problem with the NBA, and I can certainly understand why. However, there are some really great athletes in that leauge, and the playoffs, in particular, are normally pretty compelling to watch.

As far as Pierce goes, he is another that I think is a great player, but I agree, he hampers the team at times. I blame this mostly on the fact that the NBA has become an individual game, as you said, and most teams are lucky it they have 3 or more quality players. Pierce has been the only quality player in Boston, for his entire career.

This season, when he finally had some good young players around him, he played well with them. Then, the playoffs rolled around, and he instintually fell in to his "it's my ball" tendancies. Much as I like the guy (and I think he is generally a good guy, have never heard him whining about money, or demanding trades throuhgout this whole wretched era of Cletics basketball), it may be time to let him move on, and see if the Celts can get some other players that can help the team.

Walker will likely be gone, and I would not be shocked if Pierce is too...this team desperately needs a point guard. Payton had a decent year (particulary after coming off that awful year with the Lakers), but they need someone who can step up big when needed, not just someone who won't make many mistakes...

Boston is a long way from being a real contender. When you get blown out by 27 at home in a game 7 by a team that is missing one of the best players in the league and has had injuries up the ying yang all year, it shows that you aren't near ready to be a real threat.

Indiana will win it all next year with Ron Artest back for a full season.

Boston is a long way from being a real contender.  When you get blown out by 27 at home in a game 7 by a team that is missing one of the best players in the league and has had injuries up the ying yang all year, it shows that you aren't near ready to be a real threat.

331650[/snapback]

You are banking on that criminal to take you to the promised land? :o

You are banking on that criminal to take you to the promised land?  :o

331653[/snapback]

In case ya hadn't noticed, when he was on the floor the entire year last year we won 61 games.

The young Pacers are just finally coming into a championship team. I can't wait for next year when the NBA doesn't steal one of our best for the year.

In case ya hadn't noticed, when he was on the floor the entire year last year we won 61 games.

331665[/snapback]

No...I didn't....I don't like to watch that team of degenerates (minus Reggie Miller...the only decent man amongst those jag-offs)

Boston is a long way from being a real contender.  When you get blown out by 27 at home in a game 7 by a team that is missing one of the best players in the league and has had injuries up the ying yang all year, it shows that you aren't near ready to be a real threat.

331650[/snapback]

Now, now, no disrespect was meant to the Pacers at all...Rick Carlisle should be coach of the year. Even with Artest though, I don't know that the Pacers match up well with Detroit in a 7 game series. Believe me, I am pulling for the Pacers the rest of the way.

Also, as someone who has suffered through almost a decade and a half of awful Celtics basketball, I swear, this team finally has something to buid on. They will for sure get rid of Walker (again!) and likely Pierce too. But they actually have some good young talent on their bench to build upon. Pitino and ML Carr did their best to destroy the franchise, but Ainge (as much as I didn't want him back in Boston) actually seems to know what he is doing. Maybe it was all those years spent in the western conference toward the end of his NBA playing and coaching career. He seems to have a clue. In another 2 years or so, the easteren conference will significantly close the gap on the west. While the Celtics may not be an elite team, even by that time, I think they will be a perennial playoff team once again, not unlike the Pacers.

BTW, when did Jermain O'Neal turn into such a punk? I used to think he was one of the NBA's "good guys". Still rootin for them, more because of Bird and Reggie though!

Now, now, no disrespect was meant to the Pacers at all...Rick Carlisle should be coach of the year.  Even with Artest though, I don't know that the Pacers match up well with Detroit in a 7 game series.  Believe me, I am pulling for the Pacers the rest of the way.

Also, as someone who has suffered through almost a decade and a half of awful Celtics basketball, I swear, this team finally has something to buid on.  They will for sure get rid of Walker (again!) and likely Pierce too.  But they actually have some good young talent on their bench to build upon.  Pitino and ML Carr did their best to destroy the franchise, but Ainge (as much as I didn't want him back in Boston) actually seems to know what he is doing.  Maybe it was all those years spent in the western conference toward the end of his NBA playing and coaching career.  He seems to have a clue.  In another 2 years or so, the easteren conference will significantly close the gap on the west.  While the Celtics may not be an elite team, even by that time, I think they will be a perennial playoff team once again, not unlike the Pacers. 

BTW, when did Jermain O'Neal turn into such a punk?  I used to think he was one of the NBA's "good guys".  Still rootin for them, more because of Bird and Reggie though!

331671[/snapback]

Jermaine is a very good person and does a lot of work off he basketball court for charity. I don't know what you are referring to in regards to him, but if it's the incident in Detroit, that's a minute capsule of his career with Indiana. He was just defending a teammate that night.

I don't think we will beat Detroit, but I hope we do.