Words With Friends

T&C

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

I see there is a wordle thread here so in the same vein, with words... wondering if anyone else plays, going on 9 years. They are making it too gimmicky lately.

I'm a big fan of word games and played Words With Friends for a short while. The premise was great. Where that game lost me was the obscure/ridiculous  words (qi could be devastating) and the ability to try any combination of letters until you got lucky enough to come up with a 'real word' - which you had no idea was actually a real word. I still don't know what qi refers to - nor do I care.

You can NOT make me! I was a Wordscape guy, and the last thread (combined with my grandson) got me into Wordle. My mom does Words With Friends with my sisters and others. 

I have to draw the line somewhere! 

….but they seem to like it, so…….  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm a big fan of word games and played Words With Friends for a short while. The premise was great. Where that game lost me was the obscure/ridiculous  words (qi could be devastating) and the ability to try any combination of letters until you got lucky enough to come up with a 'real word' - which you had no idea was actually a real word. I still don't know what qi refers to - nor do I care.

There is a dictionary built in so you can see the definition of a word. The longer you play the better you get, its hard to get into if you are a newbie I agree.

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

You can NOT make me! I was a Wordscape guy, and the last thread (combined with my grandson) got me into Wordle. My mom does Words With Friends with my sisters and others. 

qi

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

There is a dictionary built in so you can see the definition of a word. The longer you play the better you get, its hard to get into if you are a newbie I agree.

Yes, the longer you play the more you learn what 2 and 3 letter words are acceptable.  I couldn't use qi in a coherent sentence other than something like 'I couldn't use qi in a coherent sentence'

It's where the game lost me. I prefer the current set of 'ordle'  games that focus on words that folks actually know and use. 

13 hours ago, Augie said:

it pisses me off when Wordscapes

doesn’t accept REAL words for a bonus word 

I have to spell a word 3 times before it accepts it or won’t accept it until an adjoining word is complete. 

And the weekend cheating for those stupid 👑s

You can’t get 1000 points is less than half an hour to put me from 1st to 5th at the end of the tournament !!

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

it pisses me off when Wordscapes

doesn’t accept REAL words for a bonus word 

I have to spell a word 3 times before it accepts it or won’t accept it until an adjoining word is complete. 

And the weekend cheating for those stupid 👑s

You can’t get 1000 points is less than half an hour to put me from 1st to 5th at the end of the tournament !!

I ignore the weekend tournament stuff. I don’t know who those people are. It’s not like my close and dear friends here on this message board (whom I have never met, for the most part). If you go too fast or are not careful, it’s easy to fat finger a word and it won’t give it to you. I then think I’ve already done that word, when in fact it’s the last one remaining. 

I’m embarrassed by how many levels I’ve finished (over 29k). I apparently have WAAAY too much time on my hands. 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

I ignore the weekend tournament stuff. I don’t know who those people are. It’s not like my close and dear friends here on this message board (whom I have never met, for the most part). If you go too fast or are not careful, it’s easy to fat finger a word and it won’t give it to you. I then think I’ve already done that word, when in fact it’s the last one remaining. 

I’m embarrassed by how many levels I’ve finished (over 29k). I apparently have WAAAY too much time on my hands. 

In the Wordscapes version I have, when I began  I’ve been able to win the weekend tournament a few times. Way too much time playing 

play 2 sets, do something else, play 2 sets, do something else, 

then they added a Friend type tournament, (I never join) it’s near impossible to finish past 5th place in the original. 

So I either read a book or stream something instead 

16 hours ago, T&C said:

qi

Wordle let's you throw in anything you want, kicks it back if not in word list.  I don't need no stinking dictionary, it sticks it sticks! LoL...

Actually they should penalize your sorry azz for this tactic! LoL... How are the Swedes getting a better average than the English speaking world! 😆 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wordle let's you throw in anything you want, kicks it back if not in word list.  I don't need no stinking dictionary, it sticks it sticks! LoL...

Actually they should penalize your sorry azz for this tactic! LoL... How are the Swedes getting a better average than the English speaking world! 😆 

WWF does the same thing, if a word isn't a word it won't accept it.

I don't use the dictionary, was just pointing out that there IS one if someone wants to use it.

Kinda surprised not more people play it actually, it sure keeps you thinking about moves, tactics, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

WWF does the same thing, if a word isn't a word it won't accept it.

I don't use the dictionary, was just pointing out that there IS one if someone wants to use it.

Kinda surprised not more people play it actually, it sure keeps you thinking about moves, tactics, etc. 

Yeah... I forget the Wordle word that was just used and said to wife: "That's a word!"  😆....I should have just threw it out there, not even knowing it! 😕  Probably could of used dictionary. 

I forget the word, but it wasn't  common! I cry foul on the snobby NYTimes!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

In the Wordscapes version I have, when I began  I’ve been able to win the weekend tournament a few times. Way too much time playing 

play 2 sets, do something else, play 2 sets, do something else, 

then they added a Friend type tournament, (I never join) it’s near impossible to finish past 5th place in the original. 

So I either read a book or stream something instead 

I have actual friends that I've been playing against for a long time. Through time I've been playing some random people too. But, if I ever suspect someone of using a word generator I just hit no on the replay. There are plenty of ways, if you Really look at the whole app, to help one gain a good idea of what to look at, look for, and use these features to advantage. Played honestly, WWF is a real mind chess match.

59 minutes ago, T&C said:

I have actual friends that I've been playing against for a long time. Through time I've been playing some random people too. But, if I ever suspect someone of using a word generator I just hit no on the replay. There are plenty of ways, if you Really look at the whole app, to help one gain a good idea of what to look at, look for, and use these features to advantage. Played honestly, WWF is a real mind chess match.

when I started this AM I was in 1st for  3 hours this morning 

I took a break for an hour and was 3rd 
stopped again and was 10th end worked up to 6th 

5 hours later some rando has 4600 points 

2600 more than 2nd place

3300 more than me and I’m in 6th 

even when I played the game nonstop for 2 1/2 days I was lucky to have 5000 and first place 

something just isn’t right for a bunch of Fake Coins your can’t cash in. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.