Chad Brown signs with NE

Chad Brown is getting long in the tooth. I do not think this will be a problem for Bellichicik, though as he has gotten great production from older players like Otis Smith and Roman Phifer. I think this will be yet another solid fairly cheap signing for the Pats.

When healthy Chad Brown is a good rush backer, ok against the run and ok in coverage, however he hasn't played a full season since 2001. It's a good signing for ne, but I don't think this is Ne preparing for life without bruschi. I'm pretty sure Brown is an olb not a mlb.

I believe it was a mild stroke caused by a small hole in the heart which has since been surgically repaired.  But don't quote me.

That's what I've read. He's also been walking with a limp, which sounds like it was caused by the stroke. And the fact that he hired an agent, whereas previously he hasn't had one (for several years at least, if not ever), tells me he's sitting out the season. The good news is the reason for the stroke (hole in the heart) is fixed and it didn't cause any major harm, but it might have left him with a long-term disability. Hopefully he's able to recover fully, and calls it a great career.

I believe it was a mild stroke caused by a small hole in the heart which has since been surgically repaired.  But don't quote me.

331118[/snapback]

Wow...well, as much as I can't stand that Pats, I have nothing but respect for Bruschi. I wish him well in his recovery. From a football standpoint, though, I'd much rather have Chad Brown in their line-up than Teddy.

yeah, brown has been snake bit with the injuries over the years - as all pitt all pro LBs seem to do after they leave the steel city. but imagine if he stay healthy and he and rose colvin run all over the place. good lordddddddddddddddddddddd - the pats are gamers...what is next d. starks has an all pro season at corner. all costs NE nothing..,.