Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dont like Brown's use of "diva" here, Diggs isnt the typical diva WR, hes just competitive.

I found it a little odd, as well.

Just now, H2o said:

Hopefully his use of "diva" is more sarcasm than anything. Diggs has been anything but while here. 

You may be right but it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't being sarcastic. He was (is?) a bitter and broken Jest fan.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

You may be right but it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't being sarcastic. He was (is?) a bitter and broken Jest fan.

Jest fan!? Poor guy, no wonder he hated Allen at first, he was jealous Allen didn't go to the jets 😂😂

• Agree 1

I think this might be the highest paid QB/WR combo in league history. At least in terms of total value. 

EDIT: In terms of AAV % of cap Josh and Stef combine for ~35% of the teams salary cap. They are the only QB/WR combo both in the top 5 in the league for their positions. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dont like Brown's use of "diva" here, Diggs isnt the typical diva WR, hes just competitive.

I think the quotes around “diva” set his statement on the right path

• Agree 5

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

Moving Edmunds would save $12+M. No dead money. Moving Milano is over a $12M dead money hit. I don’t see Poyer or Hyde going anywhere, especially Hyde due to over $10.6 M dead cap. Franchise tag for Knox possible next year.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't know the details of the contract, but this seems like a good deal for the Bills. 

The future is uncertain ('and the end is always near') but I think in the years ahead we'll see the Bills are paying Diggs less per catch/yard then the Fins are paying Tyreek or the Raiders are paying Adams.  

As long as we have Allen the end is far and away

Just now, ExWNYer said:

even if sarcastic it was a bad attempt. Been a right good while since that was proven to be nonsense lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

even if sarcastic it was a bad attempt. Been a right good while since that was proven to be nonsense lol

I think the quotes make it a reference to the incorrect assessment of Diggs that was made by the Vikings, their fans, and most of the league at the time of his trade.

Doesnt read to me like Brown is calling him a diva, even sarcastically. He's referring to the quotes by others.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I think the quotes make it a reference to the incorrect assessment of Diggs that was made by the Vikings, their fans, and most of the league at the time of his trade.

Doesnt read to me like Brown is calling him a diva, even sarcastically. He's referring to the quotes by others.

Ah ok...I can see it being meant that way. Taking a little jab at those that started that nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Another tip of the hat to Jimmy Overdorf. Cap wizard. 

Beane unlike predecessors does not need to take his advice if he does not want it.

Beane: Jim stop raising your hand and please go sit in corner until I call you.

Ryan Fitzpatrick called it best in Fred Jackson's roast when he called him a Jauron but he used his first name instead.

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Okay I get it now the first part is framing things like a "diva" and second is a team guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.