Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

Just my take and I think pretty much a possibility is the Bills will end up with one of the top receivers of this draft class, but it will be on a second prove it contract once his rookie deal makes him a free agent after spending his rookie deal with sub standard qbs throwing to him.  In the mean time they get interest from any FA receivers looking to join a winner because we have Josh.  He is a creature and other creatures wanna join him. 

So I don't worry about which direction they go in draft they seem to hit on the biggest moves to building a core that can sustain some plug and play with the defense.  No one puts the loss on Josh as defense lost it, and yet even them caving had Josh had another go I think a good number of general nfl fans wouldn't be surprised if Allen didn't impose his will driving for a  GW TD with a 2 point conversion.

So whomever they draft is fine by me.

I dont.  Beane has done this every year.  I think Buffalo is going to also sign a starting level Cb.  The speculation is Gilmore.  I now expect that Gilmore or a player of that caliber is brought in pre draft.  At 25 however the draft falls you take whats there.  Every position but Qb, K, and P are on the table.  Best way to improve.  Saftey, Rb, Lb, Dl would enter the conversation with Cb, Wr, and oline.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I strongly disagree with you here.  TEs are difficult to come by.  The price is skyrocketing and rookies take time to develop. 

Extending Knox in a market fashion similar to Josh and Diggs is the smart thing to do.  He's part of the core we now have and will be the best TE in Bills history before all is said and done.  You may not consider him a super top TE but he's the best we've got - and improving.  And if you go out in the open market you will pay (see J Smith/ D Ngoku).

This FO has been shown to be sharp.  Extending Diggs was smart.  Extending Knox is up there with extending Oliver.

What are you paying him?  

do you think he is a top 5 TE contract?  

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What are you paying him?  

do you think he is a top 5 TE contract?  

I know this is directed to another poster.... but I would say not yet there. Certainly could be top 5 at some point or even better possibly. imo I'd like to see more than just 1 season of improvement. Was much improvement definitely, but I would hope to see it consistently. 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

I don't know the details of the contract, but this seems like a good deal for the Bills. 

The future is uncertain ('and the end is always near') but I think in the years ahead we'll see the Bills are paying Diggs less per catch/yard then the Fins are paying Tyreek or the Raiders are paying Adams.  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Brother be coming to Buffalo

Exactly you want to play with your Big brother wings and blue cheese is what’s for dinner b***h !!!

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I dont.  Beane has done this every year.  I think Buffalo is going to also sign a starting level Cb.  The speculation is Gilmore.  I now expect that Gilmore or a player of that caliber is brought in pre draft.  At 25 however the draft falls you take whats there.  Every position but Qb, K, and P are on the table.  Best way to improve.  Saftey, Rb, Lb, Dl would enter the conversation with Cb, Wr, and oline.  

This right here.  Hopefully can grab a serviceable CB like Gilmore so you can go into the draft grabbing best possible player regardless of position at that time.  It’s the best way to prep roster for future challenges and really grab talent vs reach for need.  

Hopefully the Diggs deal allows restructure for the cap to allow one CB and pay the draftees.  Worst case scenario we don’t grab a free agent CB, and hit the draft with CB the only true hole in the roster.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.