Should Willis wear knee braces?

They are his knees, but he's our ticket to a successful season. I know that they can be annoying to wear, but they greatly reduce the risk of catastrohpic knee injuries. I saw Corel Buckhalter of the Iggles go down last preseason untouched making a cut on the Lincoln Financial Field's FIELD TURF. Thurman wore them, Edgerrin James weres them (Post-injuries), as well as a number of other great backs. Willis hyperextended his other knee last year at Cincinnati. Willis runs hard and often does quit till he has 4 deffenders on his back, and I know you all think about it when he gets piled up on. Knee braces make take a fraction off his spped, but he is plenty fast.

Do you think he is making a bad move playing without knee braces?

I think they're worn more for sympathy / cop-out than anything else. I don't think Willis needs to jump up and down, hands waving in the air, to remind people that he's had a knee injury.

They keep the knee warm, yeah, but they're also sweaty and itchy. But the inner workings of the knee will do what they do regardless of whether it's in a quarter-inch neoprene lining.

I think they're worn more for sympathy / cop-out than anything else. I don't think Willis needs to jump up and down, hands waving in the air, to remind people that he's had a knee injury.

The inner workings of the knee will do what they do regardless of whether it's in a quarter-inch neoprene lining. It keeps the knee warm, yeah, but also sweaty and itchy.

330967[/snapback]

You must be a UCONN fan, use your head, not neoprene knee wraps,

I am talking about something like this. Something similar to what many lineman wear to protect themselves from getting rolled up on.

Knee Brace example

I'm sure he has tried all kinds of braces, and knows the risks and rewards of both wearing and not wearing a brace. If willis needs a brace, he'll wear one. If not, he won't, and there's nothing to worry about.

You must be a UCONN fan, use your head, not neoprene knee wraps,

I am talking about something like this. Something similar to what many lineman wear to protect themselves from getting rolled up on.

Knee Brace example

330973[/snapback]

There's a reason that linemen wear the big, bulky ones like that. And they don't prevent injuries, especially when it's 'Kill the Man With the Ball.' Drew wore the one that looked like the monster of Frankenstein's neck w/ the metal phlanges, on both knees. We all know his biggest weakness.

Like Corp wrote, Willis will do what he does, and I highly doubt it's with something that looks like a RoboCop costume. Apparently, Willis agrees.

They are his knees, but he's our ticket to a successful season. I know that they can be annoying to wear, but they greatly reduce the risk of catastrohpic knee injuries. I saw Corel Buckhalter of the Iggles go down last preseason untouched making a cut on the Lincoln Financial Field's FIELD TURF. Thurman wore them, Edgerrin James weres them (Post-injuries), as well as a number of other great backs. Willis hyperextended his other knee last year at Cincinnati. Willis runs hard and often does quit till he has 4 deffenders on his back, and I know you all think about it when he gets piled up on. Knee braces make take a fraction off his spped, but he is plenty fast.

Do you think he is making a bad move playing without knee braces?

330965[/snapback]

I think it's more mental with Willis at this point. So I have no problem with him not wearing one. It shows me his mind is set at playing like his gruesome injury never happened. It also sends a message to opponents and teammates as well. A message similar to the one spelled out on his tattoo. "Guess Who's Back"

Willis=Warrior

I think it's more mental with Willis at this point. So I have no problem with him not wearing one. It shows me his mind is set at playing like his gruesome injury never happened. It also sends a message to opponents and teammates as well.  A message similar to the one spelled out on his tattoo. "Guess Who's Back"

Willis=Warrior

331099[/snapback]

agreed :o

I'm sure he has tried all kinds of braces, and knows the risks and rewards of both wearing and not wearing a brace.  If willis needs a brace, he'll wear one.  If not, he won't, and there's nothing to worry about.

330982[/snapback]

You don't think there's anything to worry about?

He's had three major knee injuries in his last five years of football and he's our franchise back. There's plenty to worry about.

You don't think there's anything to worry about?

He's had three major knee injuries in his last five years of football and he's our franchise back. There's plenty to worry about.

331634[/snapback]

If there is so much to worry about, in terms of his health, why not just leave him on the bench where we know he should be safe.

Honestly, these guys have great trainers, and take risks with their bodies everyday. I am sure that if they felt there was a significant reason to wear, or not to wear any gear, they would do it. They don't seem to like to wear anything that is not necessary - unless it looks really damn cool.