You know you are in WNY

at the BAR!!!! Picture this.....a 400 lb man, sitting at the bar setting up popcorn kernals and blowing them to see how close he could get them to the nickel that he had set up a few feet from where his drink was.....what's even more disturbing is that my wife and I found this to be enjoyable entertainment!!! :(

That along with white t-shirted beer guts with plaid shorts and dress socks, preferably midnight blue or black.....along with a beaten up pair of dress shoes that you have stained painting the house on 2 occasions and haven't worn to work since the spring of 1973.

Oh, and you are cutting the lawn, preferably on Union Road, just before the sun goes down, so you can impress all the passers-by. You still have black rimmed glasses circa 1966.....not as trendy as those from today.....There may even be a small bottle of Utica Club sitting on the front porch....for ambience.

:(:lol: Good ol Beer Battered Buffalo :D:lol:

at the BAR!!!! Picture this.....a 400 lb man, sitting at the bar setting up popcorn kernals and blowing them to see how close he could get them to the nickel that he had set up a few feet from where his drink was.....what's even more disturbing is that my wife and I found this to be enjoyable entertainment!!!  :lol:

330886[/snapback]

Yea that is disturbing Rocket. Its almost as disturbing as watching grown men throw washers into a box and them actually thinking they are real good at it. :(

Cincinnati is one of the least Italian cities in Ohio, but one of the bars that I frequent has two bocce ball pits in the back. Great time...I regularly have to school these German heritaged people on the artform that I learned from my father.

:(

Yea that is disturbing Rocket. Its almost as disturbing as watching grown men throw washers into a box and them actually thinking they are real good at it.  :(

330927[/snapback]

screw you...you are just jealous because you suck!

screw you...you are just jealous because you suck!

330952[/snapback]

joe, i don't know if i mentioned this, but the last game i went to, where i hung out with some friends from Fredonia, we played washer toss. For some reason, I am a natural at it, and will take on all challengers this season.

Cincinnati is one of the least Italian cities in Ohio, but one of the bars that I frequent has two bocce ball pits in the back.  Great time...I regularly have to school these German heritaged people on the artform that I learned from my father.

:(

330951[/snapback]

LMAO! I've heard of this game but never knew the rules of the game.

joe, i don't know if i mentioned this, but the last game i went to, where i hung out with some friends from Fredonia, we played washer toss. For some reason, I am a natural at it, and will take on all challengers this season.

330970[/snapback]

Bring it Stojan.......rumor has it you are afraid to come out to my confines in Brant, NY for a clean match of rings!!!! :(

Cincinnati is one of the least Italian cities in Ohio, but one of the bars that I frequent has two bocce ball pits in the back.  Great time...I regularly have to school these German heritaged people on the artform that I learned from my father.

:unsure:

330951[/snapback]

UD, should I tell them about Cincinnati's favorite game - cornhole?

UD, should I tell them about Cincinnati's favorite game - cornhole?

331842[/snapback]

Since neither of us are natives, I think that you could without fear of mockery

:unsure:

This game sounds a bit "fruity"

332501[/snapback]

<_<

In my first year living here, I did a double take while reading the classifieds and seeing "Cornhole game for sale"!

So I asked someone. It's kinda like "reverse" ring toss, perhaps a bit like skee-ball. A wooden box is constructed with a series of approximate six-inch holes. The player tosses a small bag filled with popcorn, and gets points for getting the bag into the hole(s)...hence the name, "cornhole".

It's very popular, and tournaments are held.