Clarence Thomas IS conflicted

Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

She didn't give a false reason why they weren't listed.  She did include them last year, but for some reason they were never disclosed until now.  Also, they happened before they were required to list them, I believe.  Not trying to make excuses for her, but at least she isn't making up nonsensical reasons why she forgot she took a private jet to Bali to go on a mega-yacht.  Inadvertently omitted doesn't even make sense.  Fwiw, I don't care if they're left or right.  Same standard for all is fine with me.  

Lying, failing to disclose, and being conflicted are three separate issues.  

27 minutes ago, daz28 said:

She didn't give a false reason why they weren't listed.  She did include them last year, but for some reason they were never disclosed until now.  Also, they happened before they were required to list them, I believe.  Not trying to make excuses for her, but at least she isn't making up nonsensical reasons why she forgot she took a private jet to Bali to go on a mega-yacht.  Inadvertently omitted doesn't even make sense.  Fwiw, I don't care if they're left or right.  Same standard for all is fine with me.  

Lying, failing to disclose, and being conflicted are three separate issues.  

I’m going to be blunt with you.  

Your standard is different for individuals, and you really seem to care if they’re left or right.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m going to be blunt with you.  

Your standard is different for individuals, and you really seem to care if they’re left or right.  

You should have always been blunt.  I literally just told you "Same standard for all is fine with me", and your response was that???  You're basically trolling me. 

7 hours ago, daz28 said:

You should have always been blunt.  I literally just told you "Same standard for all is fine with me", and your response was that???  You're basically trolling me. 

I’m not trolling, at least not from my perspective.  I’m observing and conversing.  You have applied rigid standards in one case, offered a “not offering excuses for her analysis” while offering excuses for her.   As for applying the same standard, given your rationalization of the actions of Sotomayor, I can only assume that you mean, perhaps, at some future point?  

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It’s pretty well-established that the only real perk associated with being a member of Congress is the occasional $50 gift card from Target.  Beyond that, these citizens are completely above reproach. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s pretty well-established that the only real perk associated with being a member of Congress is the occasional $50 gift card from Target.  Beyond that, these citizens are completely above reproach. 

So Thomas gets a pass....because

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So Thomas gets a pass....because

You posted a video of a member of Congress grossly distorting the perks of being in Congress, and we’re not even scratching the surface of the liberties taken there.  it’s well known and well established. 

A simple acknowledgment that she’s probably not the most trustworthy source of information probably would helps with your credibility.   

As for politics and SC Justices, it’s clear from disclosures that the money and gifts flow freely to members of that institution.  Liberal. Conservative.  If you’re advocating for a thorough review top to bottom, and new laws/guidelines for all, perhaps that makes sense.  But you don’t ever seem to want that—you just want to fixate on one man.  I wonder why that is.  

In conjunction with that, though, a thorough analysis of our senators, representatives in Congress, and the Executive office would be necessary.   Since that’s never going to happen, because benefits accrue to everyone involved, it seems silly for pretend otherwise. 

https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-shes-married-in-disclosure-forms-docs/amp/

…AOC gets a Tibsybuck, redeemable for one free pass on blatant hypocrisy!  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You posted a video of a member of Congress grossly distorting the perks of being in Congress, and we’re not even scratching the surface of the liberties taken there.  it’s well known and well established. 

A simple acknowledgment that she’s probably not the most trustworthy source of information probably would helps with your credibility.   

As for politics and SC Justices, it’s clear from disclosures that the money and gifts flow freely to members of that institution.  Liberal. Conservative.  If you’re advocating for a thorough review top to bottom, and new laws/guidelines for all, perhaps that makes sense.  But you don’t ever seem to want that—you just want to fixate on one man.  I wonder why that is.  

In conjunction with that, though, a thorough analysis of our senators, representatives in Congress, and the Executive office would be necessary.   Since that’s never going to happen, because benefits accrue to everyone involved, it seems silly for pretend otherwise. 

https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-shes-married-in-disclosure-forms-docs/amp/

…AOC gets a Tibsybuck, redeemable for one free pass on blatant hypocrisy!  

I'll never write all this to defend a corrupt politician, I'll tell you that

You seriously think Thomas isn't corrupt?

I'll never write all this to defend a corrupt politician, I'll tell you that

You seem to be doing it now, at least in terms of the statements made by AOC and what you seem to feel defines 'corruption'.  

You seriously think Thomas isn't corrupt?

Life, Lance Armstrong, Jussie Smollette have taught me to be cautious in matters like this.  There is always a possibility.  I do not believe he is corrupt. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You seem to be doing it now, at least in terms of the statements made by AOC and what you seem to feel defines 'corruption'.  

Life, Lance Armstrong, Jussie Smollette have taught me to be cautious in matters like this.  There is always a possibility.  I do not believe he is corrupt. 

So you are just defending corruption, deflecting and doing a whataboutism.

That's all

• Agree 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

So you are just defending corruption, deflecting and doing a whataboutism.

That's all

"Deflecting" when I answered your question directly? 

If I were you, I would seriously consider filing a lawsuit against the elementary school you attended, and every teacher who ever taught you under the Victims of Crappy Educators Act. 

Do you think AOC is corrupt under your standards?

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Do you believe he is an activist judge?