Clarence Thomas IS conflicted

Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

doing just fine😀  Thomas has sold his soul.  Not shocking that you can't see that.  Interesting that the poll on this thread, with 30% of responders thinking Thomas is not conflicted, matches the percentage of ultra MAGA's in the electorate.  Microcosm of American politics here.  It's like a mini sociology experiment.

I’ve never been in a position where I had to defend my use of racist epithets. Is this how you always do it? Seems like you’re trying to blame everyone else for your own prejudices. 

All good. As you said the last time you were excusing your behavior, it’s just an opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Westside said:

There is absolutely no evidence of what you’re saying.

why did you include a citation I did not make in your post?  Did you read the propublica article or even the one you dishonestly included in my post?

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

it’s just an opinion.

yup.  and it's justified by the evidence, esp the propublica evidence.  btw, the real racists I've met (was once a senior resident caring for for a Klan leader) are proud of their racism.  Celebrate it.  Wear it proudly.  I don't believe calling Thomas an uncle Tom is racist because it's true and I'm not a racist nor would I be proud if labelled as one.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Westside said:

There is absolutely no evidence of what you’re saying.

If the same details came out about one of the Dem-appointed members of the Court, would your feelings on the matter be the same?

A response in question form would be an evasion.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

why did you include a citation I did not make in your post?  Did you read the propublica article or even the one you dishonestly included in my post?

yup.  and it's justified by the evidence, esp the propublica evidence.  btw, the real racists I've met (was once a senior resident caring for for a Klan leader) are proud of their racism.  Celebrate it.  Wear it proudly.  I don't believe calling Thomas an uncle Tom is racist because it's true and I'm not a racist nor would I be proud if labelled as one.

On the pages of this board, you have now declared that throwing racial slurs at an African-American does not make you a racist, and that the Ku Klux Klan are only part racist because as far as you know, they don’t have anything against Canadians or Norwegians. That’s some territory you are staking out. Good luck with all that.

you are the only one on this board that I’ve seen throwing racial slurs. Why is that? Is everyone else missing the boat here?

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

On the pages of this board, you have now declared that throwing racial slurs at an African-American does not make you a racist, and that the Ku Klux Klan are only part racist because as far as you know, they don’t have anything against Canadians or Norwegians. That’s some territory you are staking out. Good luck with all that.

you are the only one on this board that I’ve seen throwing racial slurs. Why is that? Is everyone else missing the boat here?

uh huh.  mischaracterizing my comments on the Klan.  It's called satire, dummy...it's the kind of stuff you do.  I stand by my statements on Thomas.  black, white, green or purple he is a deplorable grifter and a discredit to his heritage.  you have repeatedly answered my rhetorical question about lying and cheating, indirectly:  Because you can't compete, much less win without doing those.  Just like the rest or your tribe and its leaders.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

uh huh.  mischaracterizing my comments on the Klan...it's the kind of stuff you do.  I stand by my statements on Thomas.  black, white, green or purple he is a deplorable grifter and a discredit to his heritage.  you have repeatedly answered my rhetorical question about lying and cheating, indirectly:  Because you can't compete or win without doing those.  Just like the rest or your tribe and its leaders.

I have mischaracterized nothing. You do have a habit of going back and making edits. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if you tried to clean up your mess. I’m sure some of your ideological board mates will ride to your rescue here.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I have mischaracterized nothing. You do have a habit of going back and making edits. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if you tried to clean up your mess. I’m sure some of your ideological board mates will ride to your rescue here.

I make edits to nearly every post.  usually within minutes.  it's because I shoot from the hip and type poorly (I had transcriptionists most of my working career). My edited posts are the finished thought.  I vaguely remember the Klan comment.  It was satire.  I despise the Klan and anyone associated with it (who incidentally, are almost all MAGA's).  Oh, and Nazi's too.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

Clarence Thomas is an incredible man, ridiculed and scorned by lesser men who see him as a threat to their vision of the status quo.  

It’s pretty simple, really. 

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

The left hates nothing more than a black man who has gone off the plantation.

Supreme Court nominee Thomas laid it out in straightforward term 30+ years ago. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Clarence Thomas is an incredible man, ridiculed and scorned by lesser men who see him as a threat to their vision of the status quo.  

It’s pretty simple, really. 

Supreme Court nominee Thomas laid it out in straightforward term 30+ years ago. 

you're in with the 30% dummies on the board

Edited by redtail hawk