Clarence Thomas IS conflicted

Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

@redtail hawk you disagree? 

too lazy to look it up.  I think between 5-10% have a million +.  Probably the best odds on the planet.  But it's not easy.  
Unless you inherited it and not many do.  The odds of being paycheck to paycheck are about 1:1.

Edited by redtail hawk

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

to lazy to look it up.  I think between 5-10% have a million +.  Probably the best odds on the planet.  But it's not easy.  
Unless you inherited it and not many do.

Definitely the best odds on the planet, and not even close. Last I checked we had more black millionaires then rest of planet combined. Also the most common job for millionaires: Teachers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/andrewhallam.com/fourteen-percent-of-americas-millionaires-are-teachers/amp/

It is easy to become well off if you don't make stupid decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Definitely the best odds on the planet, and not even close. Last I checked we had more black millionaires then rest of planet combined. Also the most common job for millionaires: Teachers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/andrewhallam.com/fourteen-percent-of-americas-millionaires-are-teachers/amp/

It is easy to become well off if you don't make stupid decisions.

Cool...so let's not F it up with meaningless culture wars, insurrections, rebel flags, hate groups, grifting, con men etc.  play fair, win or lose.  Is that unreasonable.  I'm pretty much out of the game now but that's how I'd want it to work if I weren't.

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Cool...so let's not F it up with meaningless culture wars, insurrections, rebel flags, hate groups, grifting, con men etc.  play fair, win or lose.  Is that unreasonable.  I'm pretty much out of the game now but that's how I'd want it to work if I weren't.

Why are you out of the game if you don't have a million saved? Even a million is not enough but less is asking to be broke in 15 years.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You mean a meaningless culture war such as making up nazi recruiting posters? I agree we shouldn’t do these things but there are people doing these things and for the life of I do not understand why 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You mean a meaningless culture war such as making up nazi recruiting posters? I agree we shouldn’t do these things but there are people doing these things and for the life of I do not understand why 

Because I care so much about you Adolph...trying to change your ways before you're arrested for treason.  short bus...

Edited by redtail hawk

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Because I care so much about you Adolph...trying to change your ways before you're arrested for treason.  short bus...

At least you finally admitted it. 

Unstable people are arrested for things. Like people who manufacture the existence of nazis who hike. 

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

So if disclosed , your take on it then becomes that it was simply because Thomas is a “ swell guy” ?  Of course , most of us on this board have strong partisan leanings. I’m not that concerned about “ appearances “ or feelz. We can generally predict where a Thomas or a Sotomayor is going to be on an issue without them disclosing where every gift came from. 

If disclosed, it means Thomas followed the law and the public would be better informed about potential conflicts of interest. 

Doesn’t seem like too much to ask. 

Also, not caring about the appearance of corruption is how we get actual corruption.

47 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

At least you finally admitted it. 

Unstable people are arrested for things. Like people who manufacture the existence of nazis who hike. 

Not overly concerned.  Cuz it happened.  

And the guys who might arrest me for it, know it...probably know who put out the pamphlets.  

They're pretty smart fellas.

The Haters don't like that.

Edited by redtail hawk

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Not overly concerned.  Cuz it happened.  

And the guys who might arrest me for it, know it...probably know who put out the pamphlets.  

They're pretty smart fellas.

I’ve always wondered if delusional people know they’re delusional. Do you realize you should be on meds?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

So the good thing about this bs discussion is that it again put me back in the Adirondacks during the olympics.  Just an observer and not even in Lake Placid for the game but this was a moment of clarity and anyone, anywhere close experienced the excitement..  The world was right.  Watch the mutual respect, sincerity and honesty in this interview.  These guys knew what this hockey game that many Americans didn't know the rules to, meant.  They also worked their asses off to be the best or at least the best they could be in their profession.  Start at a bout 3 mins.  The country would be much better off if we were all more like Michaels and Dryden.  "It's about winning".

Edited by redtail hawk

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You MAGA's do make me think.  Do you really believe American exceptionalism is a guy like trumP?  Desantis?  Cmon...

It sure isn’t Joe Biden or Kamaltoe. We can all think of this guy or that to be President , but that doesn’t mean they will run. Besides, it’s not really a guy anyway. It’s a belief, an idea, a drive. For me, ( someone who laughed at the idea of Trump) it was a revelation following his campaign and listening to his rallies. He won me over because his ideas were the best. He wasn’t afraid to tell it like it is. He talked about things that no one else would.  Id definitely vote for him again. I’d certainly vote for DeSantis if he’s the nominee. His handling of Covid in Florida was great and I visited there many times throughout. He’s different from Trump, but I think his policies would be similar. He hasn’t even declared yet so we will see. 

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

So if disclosed , your take on it then becomes that it was simply because Thomas is a “ swell guy” ?  Of course , most of us on this board have strong partisan leanings. I’m not that concerned about “ appearances “ or feelz. We can generally predict where a Thomas or a Sotomayor is going to be on an issue without them disclosing where every gift came from. 

Why do you believe the mega donor who adores Hitler is spending millions on Thomas?

Do you believe it's personal love of another?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It sure isn’t Joe Biden or Kamaltoe. We can all think of this guy or that to be President , but that doesn’t mean they will run. Besides, it’s not really a guy anyway. It’s a belief, an idea, a drive. For me, ( someone who laughed at the idea of Trump) it was a revelation following his campaign and listening to his rallies. He won me over because his ideas were the best. He wasn’t afraid to tell it like it is. He talked about things that no one else would.  Id definitely vote for him again. I’d certainly vote for DeSantis if he’s the nominee. His handling of Covid in Florida was great and I visited there many times throughout. He’s different from Trump, but I think his policies would be similar. He hasn’t even declared yet so we will see. 

After seeing how things were going during Barry's first term, I vowed never to vote Dem again.  It's only gotten worse as they've gone even further left and crazy. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WELL, EXCEPT FOR CLARENCE THOMAS, BECAUSE LEFTIES HATE HIM: 

Supreme Court justices are allowed to have friends.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3941511-supreme-court-justices-are-allowed-to-have-friends/

Everything you’re seeing is just an effort to discredit him before the affirmative action decision comes out.

Friends that pay for you $500,000 vacation? Serioulsy, you defending this corruption too? Wow. This is gross corruption. 

Talk about elitism, these people are scum bags