Postons Strike again...

I'm no fan of agents or hold-outs but from the article this MAY have merit.

If he gets hurt in MiniCamp (low probablity but possible) he is SOOL. Agent SAYS they offered to sign an agreement based upon identical language used by another team.

Sounds fair to me.

the agent says:

"Unfortunately, the language of the mini-camp agreement is not standard across the league. Players have held out of mini-camp due to the way the mini-camp agreement was written. In fact, we only requested the Chargers use the exact same language as another team and they declined.

the team says

"Kevin Poston is uncomfortable with the language [which] is standard with what all players receive in the NFL."

hes not holding out for money. hes holding out cus, in his agents opinion, the contract the team wants him to sign does not protect him.

sounds like the chargers contract is NOT STANDARD. but A basic contract is a standard thing to get players in to camp befor signing...

he must feel, that with that wording, if he has a carrer ending injury in camp, the team could try to !@#$ him over.

i have NO problem with a player holding out for this reason..

also, hes an OUTSIDE LINEBACKER IN A 3-4 DEFENSE. NOT A DE.

I guess it comes down to who is telling the truth, the team or the agents...and given that the agents are the postons, i will easily side with the Chargers...yah the kid needs protection, but it sounds like the chargers have given him the standard contract across the league, and the postons are just being a$$holes...

it sounds like the chargers have given him the standard contract across the league, and the postons are just being a$$holes...

330125[/snapback]

"Unfortunately, the language of the mini-camp agreement is NOT standard across the league. Players have held out of mini-camp due to the way the mini-camp agreement was written. In fact, we only requested the Chargers use the exact same language as another team and they declined."

its in the article.

"Unfortunately, the language of the mini-camp agreement is NOT standard across the league. Players have held out of mini-camp due to the way the mini-camp agreement was written. In fact, we only requested the Chargers use the exact same language as another team and they declined."

its in the article.

330576[/snapback]

as i said above, thats is the postons claim...the chargers say the contract is standard...who would you trust more?

as i said above, thats is the postons claim...the chargers say the contract is standard...who would you trust more?

330580[/snapback]

i would trust my agent. its in his best intrest to get me paid and make sure im not screwed over by the team.

i would NEVER trust the team over my agent. the players agent works for him, the team simply uses the player to win games and sell tickets and make money.