National Treasure

dib

For all those Nicholas Cage fans, he is working on "Ghost Rider" right now, another one of the Marvel movies. Funny story about that is that he's a huge fan of the comic book and they actually had to cover up his Ghost Rider tattoo on his arm so he could PLAY Ghost Rider in the movie.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those Nicholas Cage fans, he is working on "Ghost Rider" right now, another one of the Marvel movies.  Funny story about that is that he's a huge fan of the comic book and they actually had to cover up his Ghost Rider tattoo on his arm so he could PLAY Ghost Rider in the movie.

330537[/snapback]

I'm not familiar with that character....is Cage a good fit for the role, do you think? I hope he's a better Ghost Rider than Affleck was a DareDevil

Funny you should mention the Daredevil movie, the new Ghost Rider flick is directed by the same guy... <_<

But Cage should fill the Ghost Rider role better than Affleck did with Daredevil. Just by talent alone, Cage is a MUCH better actor than Affleck will ever be, and the whole John Blaze/Ghost Rider persona is this brooding and depressed guy who lost his family...and Cage proved he could pull that character off pretty well in the 2nd half of Face/Off.

I'm more interested in the Fantastic Four movie thats coming out in a few months...that looks really good in the trailers.

Funny you should mention the Daredevil movie, the new Ghost Rider flick is directed by the same guy... <_<

But Cage should fill the Ghost Rider role better than Affleck did with Daredevil.  Just by talent alone, Cage is a MUCH better actor than Affleck will ever be, and the whole John Blaze/Ghost Rider persona is this brooding and depressed guy who lost his family...and Cage proved he could pull that character off pretty well in the 2nd half of Face/Off.

I'm more interested in the Fantastic Four movie thats coming out in a few months...that looks really good in the trailers.

330566[/snapback]

Hey, no argument here regarding Cage's superior acting ability. To me, Ben Affleck is the luckiest man on earth! His buddy, on the other hand, is a killer actor. The guy has charisma coming out his ass.

As for the Fantastic Four, I'm pretty excited about that one, too. I heard the description of the trailer before I actually saw it, and though it sounded kinda bad. Once I actually saw the footage, I was all into it. The part where the Thing punches the truck is amazingly realistic. A lot of these films look kinda cool, but the physics just don't look right. The worst example I can think of was 'Hulk'. The Spiderman films have moments where they slip with the CGI, but I let them slide since I find the overall film to be pretty good. LOTR and the SW prequels have been top notch, IMO. Anyhooo......When is Ghost Rider supposed to be out? This year?

4 and 5 dollars a rent?

you guys must be crazy........2.50! any day or on mondays u can get 2 for 3$ and this is new releasesssssssssssss

330656[/snapback]

Where you renting from? The local Blockbuster charged $8+ for two movies last week.

CW

Where you renting from?  The local Blockbuster charged $8+ for two movies last week.

CW

330867[/snapback]

all of our blockbusters are like $4 to rent...thats why i'm on netflix with the roomies...3 of us, 3 movies out at a time...so for my $6 a month, i usually get my 4 movies in, plus whatever they get that i watch as well...so i'd say $6 for 6-8 movies a month isnt bad at all...and like it was mentioned, netflix has a great selection...

oh yah, netflix also has TV shows on DVD for those that dont want to buy each season...

all of our blockbusters are like $4 to rent...thats why i'm on netflix with the roomies...3 of us, 3 movies out at a time...so for my $6 a month, i usually get my 4 movies in, plus whatever they get that i watch as well...so i'd say $6 for 6-8 movies a month isnt bad at all...and like it was mentioned, netflix has a great selection...

oh yah, netflix also has TV shows on DVD for those that dont want to buy each season...

330888[/snapback]

Great selection is an understatement....they have just about everything! And that's a good point about the tv series.....I had never seen an episode of the Sopranos until Netflix.....now I've seen up through season 4 and am waiting for season 5. At some point I may start up with the X-files.

Netflix is the greatest thing since sliced bread to me, man.

Great selection is an understatement....they have just about everything!  And that's a good point about the tv series.....I had never seen an episode of the Sopranos until Netflix.....now I've seen up through season 4 and am waiting for season 5. At some point I may start up with the X-files.

Netflix is the greatest thing since sliced bread to me, man.

330894[/snapback]

You have to start watch the X-files NOW.....you are missing out. Awesome show. I keep telling you that. :(

I never buy. I only rent. The DVD's of today will be yesterdays, VHS tapes. How many of those do you still have taking up closet space somewhere?

330979[/snapback]

That's true, to an extent. However DVDs have the major advantage of keeping the same quality over time. The picture/sound will be just as good ten years from now as it is today.

Plus, while there are a few movies I'd like to see in HD-DVD/Bluray, most movies wouldn't fall under that category. Therefore, the current DVD format will be good enough.

CW

That's true, to an extent.  However DVDs have the major advantage of keeping the same quality over time.  The picture/sound will be just as good ten years from now as it is today.

Plus, while there are a few movies I'd like to see in HD-DVD/Bluray, most movies wouldn't fall under that category.  Therefore, the current DVD format will be good enough.

CW

331237[/snapback]

Yep, and the HD-DVD/Bluray units will be backward compatible with regular DVDs.

Plus, while there are a few movies I'd like to see in HD-DVD/Bluray, most movies wouldn't fall under that category.  Therefore, the current DVD format will be good enough.

331237[/snapback]

I used to say the same thing about my laserdiscs. :(

Funny you should mention the Daredevil movie, the new Ghost Rider flick is directed by the same guy... :o

But Cage should fill the Ghost Rider role better than Affleck did with Daredevil.  Just by talent alone, Cage is a MUCH better actor than Affleck will ever be, and the whole John Blaze/Ghost Rider persona is this brooding and depressed guy who lost his family...and Cage proved he could pull that character off pretty well in the 2nd half of Face/Off.

330566[/snapback]

Yeah but will Cage land a chickadee in the Jennifer Garner class that Affleck ended up with? But seriously with all the talk of Cage movies, I'm shocked no one mentioned Matchstick Men yet which next to Raising Arizona might be hist best piece of work.

Yeah but will Cage land a chickadee in the Jennifer Garner class that Affleck ended up with? But seriously with all the talk of Cage movies, I'm shocked no one mentioned Matchstick Men yet which next to Raising Arizona might be hist best piece of work.

331683[/snapback]

Matchstick Men was an awesome movie. Very nice plot twists.

CW