"Days of Thunder"

Lori

I blame the NHL for this, and for the sorry state of sports-on-TV in general.

Seriously. ESPN and the Deuce should be filling my split-screen TV with playoff hockey right now, not 'ESPN Movie Night' and mediocre game shows.

'Teammates' ?

'Bowling Night' ?!?!?

(channeling John McEnroe...)

You canNOT be serious. What, poker season is over, too?

My friend Hammer tells me Howard Simon is talking about Twister on the radio. (To be honest, Hammer - as much as I like/respect Simon, I probably would've tuned out at that point myself....)

And over at the News, Sully's reduced to bashing Bud Selig and writing about the NBA - although come to think of it, the world can always use a good Selig-bashing. Still, it seems like everyone's just trying to fill time until there's something actually worth talking about.

Instead of the chase for Lord Stanley's Cup, we've got early-season baseball. NBA playoffs, which I believe drag on till sometime in August. Racing.

*sigh*

So....... how long until training camp opens, anyway?

Lori is right. I don't really care about the NHL not having the playoffs because the Pens would not have been there, but generally speaking sports is so dry right now. The Pacers can't even beat the Celtics at home in the playoffs and college basketball is over as well. Baseball is fun to watch but I tend to quit paying attention durring a game if the Cards are losing bad or blowing someone out, so even then there are a couple games a week that I lose interest in halfway through the game.

Sports is in a word "boring" right at the moment.

And no Lori Poker "season' isn't over. The World Series will be starting next month.

Why isn't ESPN showing the World Hockey Championships? TSN is showing the games in Canada.

Instead, we get "Days of Thunder"?!?! Come on. Not even Tom Cruise's best movie. And it's at least a year until "Talladega Nights" with Will Ferrell comes out.

BTW, I'm more of a Canadian national team fan...they beat the Americans, 3-1.

Mike

I disagree. Between ESPN, ESPN2, NBAtv, YES and TBS there is always a game on.

Next to October this is one of the best sports months.

Of course, I'm not a hockey guy or a college bball guy.