2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

McCreary seems too small, with T-Rex arms, to play outside...might be better suited for the slot...therefore I don’t see the Bills having interest...

He’s not small….he’s jacked. But I get what you’re saying about the T. rex arm.  I didn’t realize they were so short.  Probably not a target for us. Maybe back to WR rd 1, woolen rd 2.  

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Chandler Jones. A 1 year deal with a dummy 2nd year to help spread the hit. 

This is my hope

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s not small….he’s jacked. But I get what you’re saying about the T. rex arm.  I didn’t realize they were so short.  Probably not a target for us. Maybe back to WR rd 1, woolen rd 2.  

I think he can play outside in a press man scheme but @JaCrispy is not wrong to say he can imagine him in the slot. He could be an elite slot guy.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

McCreary seems too small, with T-Rex arms, to play outside...might be better suited for the slot...therefore I don’t see the Bills having interest...

Slot is likely his best fit...His change of direction and flip is ridiculously quick...B-)

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

About 60 air yards from the 25 to the 15, then bounces down to the 1. I’d take him with a 5th rounder at the earliest, maaaybe in the 4th if someone isn’t there that I like, but this draft is all about depth at skill positions, so that’s unlikely. It’s also likely he’ll either go in the 3rd or 4th.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

How does a “dummy” 2nd year work?

It's like what we signed with Emmanuel Sanders.  His signing bonus was divided in 2 and amortized into a "player voidable" 2nd year that has no salary or roster bonuses.  So the player is free to seek another contract, but the team takes a dead cap hit consisting of the portion of the players signing bonus that got amortized into the 2nd year.

Make sense?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

JJ Watt 😊😊

Reggie white….

we’re talking about Karlaftis here. Sure, there are some effective edge power rushers. Karlaftis may be one of them.  He’s no JJ Watt imo

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Reggie white….

we’re talking about Karlaftis here. Sure, there are some effective edge power rushers. Karlaftis may be one of them.  He’s no JJ Watt imo

I didn't think JJ Watt would be JJ Watt lol. I just thought he was going to be one of these try hard guys who made plays on effort. Not saying Karlaftis will be that just saying im not afraid to take him if he can get results.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Chandler Jones. A 1 year deal with a dummy 2nd year to help spread the hit. 

I wonder if there is a limit on how dumb the 2nd year can be?    We've mostly just seen $2M-$3M figures.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

This is my hope

Woolen showed the great speed in the 40 but didn't look good at all in the drills, IMO.

Of the two tall corners..........Josh Williams did the drills much better..........but I was wondering if I just thought Williams looked good because Woolen looked so awkward.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I didn't think JJ Watt would be JJ Watt lol. I just thought he was going to be one of these try hard guys who made plays on effort. Not saying Karlaftis will be that just saying im not afraid to take him if he can get results.

Watt looked much more special in college than Karlaftis. 

I hear ya though.  I just think there’s a lesser chance of him becoming “elite” and that’s what we’re looking for.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.