April 13, 2001

\GoBillsInDallas/

13 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am, since 1999, but the Internet Archive doesn't go back that far... my first appearance in the archive under by first name "Rabid Bills Fan in VA" back in 2001! I was stationed in Virginia Beach back then at Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, but drove to Oceana for the Bills Backers bar there... that was BEFORE A.J. Gators became dominant.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010720073150/http://www.stadiumwall.com:80/ 

Nice. Cool to see some of those old names again. I've been around forever, but I have no idea when I started posting.

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am, since 1999, but the Internet Archive doesn't go back that far... my first appearance in the archive under by first name "Rabid Bills Fan in VA" back in 2001! I was stationed in Virginia Beach back then at Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, but drove to Oceana for the Bills Backers bar there... that was BEFORE A.J. Gators became dominant.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010720073150/http://www.stadiumwall.com:80/ 

who was the guy in the navy that always typed in all caps and blamed it on being stationed on an aircraft carrier?

maybe 20 years ago. maybe 15. hell, maybe last week. memory sucks.

On 2/26/2022 at 8:01 PM, BillsfaninChicago said:

I like the post “My Buddy Went to a Fortune Teller”. That is either one bad fortune teller or the poster really buried some leads there.

That was mine.  If it's what I'm thinking of, his fortune came true, just not as soon as the fortune teller said it would.  RIP Jeff

Wow, I remember that old site very well!  Fall of 98' was my freshman year at college and I stumbled across the message board and created the handle RocketBills (or something close to that).  I remember having many debates with posters, including Marjorie from San Diego, Bob Lamb, and Cable Lady, over Flutie VS RJ.  I posted so much more back then than I do now (married, kids, priorities change...) but this has hit me with a wave of nostalgia this afternoon.  Thank you for posting and I want you all to know that even though I don't post a lot these days, I still frequent this site often, almost daily, and consider you all friends and family.

Go Bills!! 

John in NC

Before there was a board, wasn't there an email distribution list that went out daily?  People would respond to individual comments via email, and you would either get each comment delivered to your inbox, or you could opt for a daily digest which consolidated all that days comments.  Was that what turned into TBD, or am I thinking of something completely different?

9 hours ago, boyst said:

who was the guy in the navy that always typed in all caps and blamed it on being stationed on an aircraft carrier?

maybe 20 years ago. maybe 15. hell, maybe last week. memory sucks.

I have no idea... I was deployed with two but never stationed on one!

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

I go back to '98 with the D&C Hyperbills page.

I haven't heard that in FOREVER... I had completely forgotten. 

Could have sworn I started a thread back then that said something like "I live next to this 5 year old kid named Josh and I'm about to go teach him how to throw a football".  Can't seem to find it though.

Edited by Talley56